What Did You Do Today? #3

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I felt tired the day after and a little nauseous. But that was it. I feel a bit safer for having it. Which one did you have? I had the moderna 🤔

Pfizer I guess I have a sore arm.  Honestly the part that worried me the most was having to sit in the chair for 15 minutes after the shot thinking what am I going to do if something does happen?  Am I going to run out of here screaming if they try to haul me away?  I did the good pretending to be normal act though even though a hurricane was going on in my head.🤭

On 11/30/2021 at 9:18 AM, sober4life said:

Pfizer I guess I have a sore arm.  Honestly the part that worried me the most was having to sit in the chair for 15 minutes after the shot thinking what am I going to do if something does happen?  Am I going to run out of here screaming if they try to haul me away?  I did the good pretending to be normal act though even though a hurricane was going on in my head.🤭

had my moderna booster yesterday, sore arm and feeling run down today, did not wait the 15 minutes afterwards, figured wasn't anyone there able to make me stay

Did some food shopping, went to the garage to talk to them about the warning light, chatted to C & I on my phone, organised meeting C tomorrow for the first time, looked at places to eat, had lunch and dinner, watched some history shows, read my book and went to bed.

Chatted to C & I (just need an S and I have CSI 😂)  did some work, went and got some christmas food, dropped off some christmas presents, listened to my CD I got from the carol service, went and had cake and coffee and a gossip with E, watched some cold case shows, chatted with my best mate.

20 hours ago, surfcaster said:

nothing, sat on the couch, no tv, no radio, just sat there all day, sad huh

Well it sounds peaceful.  When the power was off for 9 hours I mostly just layed in bed.  I wasn't this constant nervous mess though because all of the technology was gone.  I didn't have to run from one thing to the next.  I was at peace without it.

18 hours ago, sober4life said:

Well it sounds peaceful.  When the power was off for 9 hours I mostly just layed in bed.  I wasn't this constant nervous mess though because all of the technology was gone.  I didn't have to run from one thing to the next.  I was at peace without it.

I agree. I need to give up the smart phone. Or at least, cut down. 

I called the lawyer this am to start things off with the sale..... Then had a quick wash and headed out to the country park...it's a nice drive up there... 

I scouted about a bit at the park shops for some xmas presents but there wasn't really anything suitable there. I did get my shampoo and conditioner refill at the zero waste shop. Just in time, because I've run out :emoticon-0141-whew:

Then I did a little walk but not as much as usual cuz I was effin knackered. Drove home with a hot chocolate from the shop, washed a few dishes and made a little meal. Appetite is poor today so I haven't eaten much but at least my waistline will be happy 🤗

Chilled a bit this am which was nice. 

Then jumped into the shower with some tunes pumping. 

After that, mad rush to the lawyers office cuz I got lost in nightjar land and was running a bit late. Drove like a maniac and I think I got there in like, 7 minutes 😬

Started having a little crush on someone 😍 which hasn't happened for like ever, but then found out later he was married😂🤔😏 Still, I enjoyed the crush while it lasted (few hours). 

Drove to lake and did about 30 minutes walk, went to mom's for dinner, posted a card, then came back here, did a quick tidy up, got changed and... Jumped into bed 😁

Proud of myself today for getting it together and putting myself in a good frame of mind to go and visit family. I was pleased that I enjoyed it even though I was effin knackered. It was one of those days where putting one foot in front of the other felt hard so I'm pleased that I managed to pull it off 🏆

Today I tidied up my bedroom and folded and put my laundry away. My Mom and I went to Walgreens, and I picked up some gift cards and Christmas cards. After I made myself dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dishes. Then I did a bit more cleaning and then took a shower and put my pajamas on. Now I`m just waiting for the bedtime meds to kick in so I can go to bed.

Well, I woke up at 4:30am, fixed a cup of tea, had a cigarette, looked at the clock & said the heck with the day, I went back to bed for a 2 hour nap.  Since I woke up at the decent hour of 7am, I have played 2 games on the computer, checked email& facebook, had another cup of tea & looked at my to-do list. It's almost 10, I guess I could do something on the to-do list.

Had a horrible night's sleep but I got myself showered and put a load of washing on... Drove through drive through for a hot chocolate then drove to the lake.. Wrote out a card in the car and posted it. I did do one card today at least... Had a walk which eased my anxiety a bit. 

After that I had a look for some nice cards for aunties n uncles but didn't find anything much so if I get around to it, I'll have to send the bog standard cards I've got tomorrow (if I get it done). 

Then I visited my sister and I'm at mom's now waiting for dinner with my evening anxiety ramping up. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

That was quick. We have to wait 2 months before we get the second one 🤔 I've only had one. But hmmm, that might have been  2 months ago now 🤔

It's 3 weeks between the first and second one here.  They write the second appointment on the back of the card here.:unsure:

54 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It's 3 weeks between the first and second one here.  They write the second appointment on the back of the card here.:unsure:

🤷‍♀️ Who knows? Did you have phizer again? They mix n match here 🤨 I felt a bit safer afterwards. How bout you?? 

On 12/20/2021 at 2:33 PM, sober4life said:

Yes Pfizer here.  They give the same kind every time here.  Sure I feel safer.

I got two Pfizers, and recently requested and got a Moderna booster.  I usually try to follow the latest scientific scuttlebutt and one bit was that by mixing the booster--maybe the first two also--you might be providing added resistance to the vaccine/s.  Kind of like hybrid antigen effects.  I don't know if that's true.  The scientists announcing it are speculating a little maybe. 

It was what I could snag from the news.   Arm a little sore for a day, otherwise no side effects.  So now I'm holding a double Moderna with a Pfizer booster, and a flu shot kicker.  The latest scientific scuttlebutt is that I may soon need--as a senior--that 2nd booster, or maybe some of the new Pfizer pills.  I may just put it on hold and wait for the Gummies vaccine delivery.

Bulgakov