20 hours ago, Lady Mozzer said:

We went to see Interpol and the very great Morrissey in concert last night.

He played here last week. I'm told it was sold out and there were no in incidents or surprise cancellations - which I hear is a thing? I'm glad you got to go, it appears he's only playing one evening at each stop. 

3 hours ago, Atra said:

I live in a dramedy. 😂😟

Sorry that it's a bit complicated for you right now.  I hope that you find some peace with it all soon and are able to fully enjoy the first flush of your new relationship. My new mantra,  which I got from my new maestro byron katie is 'If it's happening it's meant to be happening.' 'How do I know this person should be in my life?' 'They are.' 

...Maybe a bit simplistic for some but it makes sense to me in that everything has a purpose, a rhyme and reason and is part of the divine and perfect order.

If that doesn't float your boat how about: Grab a bit of happiness where you can. God knows we're all thirsty for it. It doesn't come around that often so we must enjoy it when it does :hearthrob:

15 hours ago, Atra said:

He played here last week. I'm told it was sold out and there were no in incidents or surprise cancellations - which I hear is a thing? I'm glad you got to go, it appears he's only playing one evening at each stop. 

Yeah it was amazing ! I believe for this tour he was only playing one night at each stop. It was an awesome show my younger sister and I had a blast. 

19 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Sorry that it's a bit complicated for you right now.  I hope that you find some peace with it all soon and are able to fully enjoy the first flush of your new relationship

Thank you, I do appreciate the compassion. Obviously some of my feelings are in conflict with others resulting in distress. I'm trying the very best I can to balance seemingly opposite feelings when both are true. I'll carry your mantra and the affirmation about taking happiness where we can with me, as I navigate this new relationship. 

19 hours ago, Nightjar said:

God knows we're all thirsty for it. It doesn't come around that often so we must enjoy it when it does :hearthrob:

😊:icon12:

"What I see is a good person m'lady. And they're not like buses. There won't be another one along in 10 minutes time." - Anna Bates, Downton Abbey 

Yesterday I did a good amount of walking, did some errands at night--dropped off an item at the UPS drop off at Michael's and did grocery shopping and picked up some things at SuperTarget. In between, we ate at Moe's. Then I fell asleep at a decent hour, and now I've been up since 6 am.

I went downstairs with my husband a little after 7, and then fell back asleep for a couple hours after he left for work. Took the dog out twice, talking to my dad on the phone during that first walk. I might have started a fight with my husband via text, worried and cried on and off for a few hours about my mom, then started texting my husband for a little while as he was finishing up work and getting ready to see a movie (I was invited but I didn't feel up to going). Since 6 something, I've been watching Hocus Pocus. I'll love this hokey movie no matter how many times I see it; Halloweentime isn't complete without it. Now I'm just trying to relax for the rest of the night. I might do some yoga, or take a shower, or pick up my husband from the movie. Maybe all three.

Slept, which I greatly needed. Then so much laundry to wash. Laundromats make me anxious for some reason so I listened to some podcasts while drinking a coconut water to improve the waiting. After I got home I started to get very anxious, worried then upset about a person in my life so I walked to a neighborhood shop for some tea and a slice of blueberry coffee cake. The counterpeson was singing a Michael Jackson song, that cheered me up a bit. But then she mentioned the documentary about him and that brought me down. The whole day, my mood was up and down like that. 

A very full day. I got up earlyish, had breakfast (cinnamon apple oatmeal) and coffee, and then my husband and I put away a bunch of laundry, cleaned up the bedroom, and threw out a bunch of old products in the bathroom. Then we went to my dad's place, spent about an hour there--Dad filled up the tires of my car, I took the dog by the pond where 11 ducks and 4 turtles were swimming around--, and then took an Uber downtown to meet my sister. We went to this new dessert bar she'd found out about online. They had a selection of Harry Potter themed drinks, including Boozy Butterbeer which was fantastic. Even their sitting area was decorated with "floating candles" and chandeliers and a "ghost" in the corner. It was a very cool, fun place. 

Then we went around downtown, through a park, and then to this cool market that has food stations with chefs, a bakery, wines, beers, and all kinds of sauces and other food products. I found this jar of crab salsa (yes, salsa with crab meat listed as the second ingredient) made in Florida, so of course I had to get it. They also had about 30 different flavors of macaron, and I got one that was chocolate raspberry--it was lavender--, and a flavored coffee.

After leaving the market, we headed back to my sister's car and she dropped us off at Dad's. My sister stayed for a while then headed off. The sun was setting so I did a few laps around my dad's small neighborhood with my other sister (no comment on that, other than she said something to me that really pissed me off which is typical of her) and then we headed home. Dad had bought a bunch of mussels on sale, so he sent me home with two boxes! Then back home to watch some TV and now I'm physically very tired but still wide awake. Probably shouldn't have had two coffees today, haha.

Spent the day beading with a friend. I made a bracelet of green aventurine stones (a kind of quartz) with a brass filigree box charm and magnetic clasp. My friend made a double-strand seed bead necklace. 

I've seldom worn jewelry. I always felt awkward, possibly because a style didn't feel truly me but imagining and assembling my own is different somehow. 

Read, wrote, a little Internet, ate this and that when I felt hungry.  99% of my days are the same, like today, and I like it.  Oh, gave myself a hair cut.  For about a dozen years I've used a "Flowbee" to cut my hair.  They used to do a lot of commercials, but it's the oldest of the "vacuum cleaner" hair cutter brands.  Always works great and it's impossible to screw up.  IRL I have full head of hair.

Bulgakov

Was accused of stealing, watched a guy not be able to make a burger because he was so high,  watched another druggie drive over the drive thru median and his car sparked fire underneath and the muffler, and he proceeded to continue to the driv thru window. I love the public 

First time acting as facilitator/moderator of the mental health support group I attend, it went well. Got positive feedback. 18 people showed up which ain't bad for a Saturday afternoon.

I'd been recruited for this role by other facilitators, trained and mentored, encouraged by group members and even had an experienced moderator at my side - and still, I was very distressed and nervous. 

My peers told me I have nothing to be anxious about, they were confident of my abilities. But as many of you know, I have an anxiety disorder so reason and sense don't enter into the frame. My anxiety was chewing on this all wretched week. The stigma-siblings of shame, guilt and embarrassment held court in my head every night. I'm so relieved the first time is behind me. 

Well I did the norm by letting my fur babies, 3 dogs (2 wee ones and a large one) out to do their stuff. Then their breakie of kibble. As for me I stood around like a zombie for a bit then made pork chops with rice and homemade cranberry sauce. 

I swear if it weren't for my dogs I'd be in bed still

On 10/11/2019 at 10:23 PM, evalynn said:

A very full day. I got up earlyish, had breakfast (cinnamon apple oatmeal) and coffee, and then my husband and I put away a bunch of laundry, cleaned up the bedroom, and threw out a bunch of old products in the bathroom. Then we went to my dad's place, spent about an hour there--Dad filled up the tires of my car, I took the dog by the pond where 11 ducks and 4 turtles were swimming around--, and then took an Uber downtown to meet my sister. We went to this new dessert bar she'd found out about online. They had a selection of Harry Potter themed drinks, including Boozy Butterbeer which was fantastic. Even their sitting area was decorated with "floating candles" and chandeliers and a "ghost" in the corner. It was a very cool, fun place. 

Then we went around downtown, through a park, and then to this cool market that has food stations with chefs, a bakery, wines, beers, and all kinds of sauces and other food products. I found this jar of crab salsa (yes, salsa with crab meat listed as the second ingredient) made in Florida, so of course I had to get it. They also had about 30 different flavors of macaron, and I got one that was chocolate raspberry--it was lavender--, and a flavored coffee.

After leaving the market, we headed back to my sister's car and she dropped us off at Dad's. My sister stayed for a while then headed off. The sun was setting so I did a few laps around my dad's small neighborhood with my other sister (no comment on that, other than she said something to me that really pissed me off which is typical of her) and then we headed home. Dad had bought a bunch of mussels on sale, so he sent me home with two boxes! Then back home to watch some TV and now I'm physically very tired but still wide awake. Probably shouldn't have had two coffees today, haha.

You had a wonderful day Evalynn. You just had the day I wish or dream of having. I live out in the country close to the rocky mountains and the closest city is a 25 minute drive. It's a large city which doesn't have that intimate quaint feeling. Plus I dont have any friends nor family close by.

None the less you posted a wonderful day 😊

1 hour ago, watalife said:

Was accused of stealing, watched a guy not be able to make a burger because he was so high,  watched another druggie drive over the drive thru median and his car sparked fire underneath and the muffler, and he proceeded to continue to the driv thru window. I love the public 

When Mickey D first started using the drive through window, the window area protruded from the wall of the buildings, maybe by two to three feet.  I was idling in line one morning and a box-shaped delivery truck was a couple of cars ahead of me.  Too many windows were involved, and the truck just pulled up straight, shearing off the service window all the way back to the wall.  What a mess of shattered glass.  Soon after, McDonald's redesigned, putting the pull up windows flush with the wall. Somebody missed something on the original design.

Another bygone mistake of Mc's was to offer coffee stir spoons, that were in fact shaped like very small spoons at the end of the thin plastic handle.  I would imagine that anybody snorting anything at the time had a glove box full of those  coffee stirrers.  That lasted two or three weeks and the spoon ends were replaced by flat, paddle--shaped models.  I wish I had a bunch now, as they would probably go like hot cakes on Ebay as collectables. 

I do not endorse using McDonald's utensils as drug paraphernalia in the past, present, or future.   

later, Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Just now, Bulgakov said:

When Mickey D first started using the drive through window, the window area protruded from the wall of the buildings, maybe by two to three feet.  I was idling in line one morning and a box-shaped delivery truck was a couple of cars ahead of me.  Too many windows were involved, and the truck just pulled up straight, shearing off the service window all the way back to the wall.  What a mess of shattered glass.  Soon after, McDonald's redesigned, putting the pull up windows flush with the wall. Somebody missed something on the original design.

Another bygone mistake of Mc's was to offer coffee stir spoons, that were in fact shaped like very small spoons at the end of the thin plastic handle.  I would imagine that anybody snorting anything at the time had a glove box full of those  coffee stirrers.  That lasted two or three weeks and the spoon ends were replaced by flat, paddle--shaped models.  I wish I had a bunch now, as they would probably go like hot cakes on Ebay as collectables. 

I do not endorse using McDonald's utensils as drug paraphernalia in the past, present, or future.   

later, Bulgakov

Post script.  I just googled, and the McDonald's "swizel" spoon shaped like a spoon is a "banned vintage item" on Ebay, ha.  You have to have some clout to dictate to Ebay.

Bulga