What Did You Do Today? #3

Shopping at the outlet mall. Outlet malls, both the one here in my area and finding them in faraway spots away from home are one of my guilty pleasures. Don’t always buy stuff...but today I did. Went to one of my favorite lunch spots also. Also, having a opinionated day on one of the news related sites I post at.

22 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Shopping at the outlet mall. Outlet malls, both the one here in my area and finding them in faraway spots away from home are one of my guilty pleasures. Don’t always buy stuff...but today I did. Went to one of my favorite lunch spots also. Also, having a opinionated day on one of the news related sites I post at.

Yeah I still enjoy going to the mall and shopping in person.  I don't like the way this world is going at all.  One day people will say what's a mall?

18 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I still enjoy going to the mall and shopping in person.  I don't like the way this world is going at all.  One day people will say what's a mall?

We are living in a world that seems to be become more distant and impersonal all the time.

Nothing much other than the Hocicobot maintenance activities and going for a walk

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I feel I'm achieving something if I shower at the moment so, so far today:

1. Showered and washed hair. 

2. Put some washing away. 

3. Washed a couple of dishes. 

4. Did a lot of online reading this am. 

5. Came out to the corner shop. 

6. Now wondering if I should go to this meet up in 2 hours 🤔 I know this sounds funny when it's a mental health group but I don't want them to think I'm miserable 😬 I prefer to meet with people when I can put my happy face on for a bit 🤔 IDK. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Well, I feel I'm achieving something if I shower at the moment so, so far today:

1. Showered and washed hair. 

2. Put some washing away. 

3. Washed a couple of dishes. 

4. Did a lot of online reading this am. 

5. Came out to the corner shop. 

6. Now wondering if I should go to this meet up in 2 hours 🤔 I know this sounds funny when it's a mental health group but I don't want them to think I'm miserable 😬 I prefer to meet with people when I can put my happy face on for a bit 🤔 IDK. 

That's how I am in groups in real life.  That's why help is impossible in real life.  I am afraid to be myself.  I hope you go and make lots of friends.  Maybe just show up and let others talk first and then you will know how to act from there.  That's how I was in mental health groups.  I let others start and I waited to see how things went and waited to see how safe I thought the room was.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 6:01 AM, hocico said:

We are living in a world that seems to be become more distant and impersonal all the time.

Nothing much other than the Hocicobot maintenance activities and going for a walk

Humans have engendered advanced technology for their self-interests. It has, however, spawned the emergence of introversion. Normalizing introverted recreations and occupations, such as engineering, video game development, watching televised programs, and so forth helped an increasing amount of introverts to exist. Individuals had decreased incentives to go outside and socialize. Because modernized technologies were satisfying their needs more quickly. Extroversion had become depopularized consequentially. You want to know why singers had broadened vocal ranges and entertainers were very emotionally expressive decades ago? Because extroversion was more popular while people were heavily dependent on each other socially to get resources. So, they were building the skill of charisma to help themselves gain resources from people for survival. Now, people are less inclined to build the skill of charisma. Because modernized technologies give them resources more easily. Modernized technologies have made younger generations become spoiled, lazy, less willing to build their charisma, limited vocally for singing, more introverted, etc.

Edited by OvercomeProblems

I pruned the rest of my trees and trimmed the bad parts off of one of my hanging plants.  I hope I can save it but it's going to be a miracle.  I've had 7 hanging plants and I've only lost one so far.  It's a lot better than I expected.

Yesterday was a pretty good day in spite of anxiety.... Drove to the lake for a bit, sat in the car and enjoyed watching the bees.... Drove to the beach... And walked along the cliff top....The sea was beautiful... Came home and meditated... Then watched a couple of AML movies on youtube.. Thankfully got off to sleep at a reasonable time and slept for maybe a solid 6 hours 🛌 Then had another hour after waking up for a bit 🤨

• 4 weeks later...

Put on clothes, had some cake for breakfast 😂 learnt about Pericles as I drove into town, did some shopping and chatted to a friend I met and got a life update, went for a stroll in the countryside and enjoyed the smell of the hay being harvested, learnt about the history of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan as I drove home, had some dinner and watched Midsomer where bad things happen and read my book 🙂

Edited by hocico

I finished  my book I read in two days though if I stayed up longer last night one day  I'd be done. Which would be the fastest time I EVER read ANY book my whole life. I absolutely loved it I laughed, cried and even talked to myself about the story and the main characters. Afterwards I took a nice relaxing shower then I finished the book which was not long ate a little breakfast lastly chilled with my cat for a bit now on DF posting a bit as well.

Today, I chilled in the am....Then...

Did some meditation and gentle yoga. 

Showered and washed hair. 

Cleaned bathroom sink. 

Went for a 90 minute walk. 

Made some pasta salad when I got in. 

Listened in on a zoom meeting. 

Next....

Will put out recycling, start a load of washing, take off make up and chill upstairs. Will probably watch some AML movies 👌

Edited by Nightjar

• 3 weeks later...

Today my niece took me to lunch at our fave restaurant, then we hit the thrift shops ( we both found our addiction her fabric & me yarn).  She made me cry -- happy cry because she & her fiancée gave me money for a new water heater.  I have not met this guy but I know he is very good to her & she is like me never had anyone who really cared about her (not even family except grandmother & me). I will miss her when she moves away.

On 8/18/2021 at 12:42 PM, Shijima said:

I finished  my book I read in two days though if I stayed up longer last night one day  I'd be done. Which would be the fastest time I EVER read ANY book my whole life. I absolutely loved it I laughed, cried and even talked to myself about the story and the main characters. Afterwards I took a nice relaxing shower then I finished the book which was not long ate a little breakfast lastly chilled with my cat for a bit now on DF posting a bit as well.

What book was it ? 🙂 I’ve been wanting to get back into reading ! But idk what book to start with 

• 4 weeks later...

Today I fed the birds and picked up the plant pots after the storm.... 

I drove to my place to pick up recycling and stuff I needed.... 

Drove across town to the recycling depot and dropped of a big bag of recyclables, one light bulb and some scrap metal.... 

Went to cafe for lunch. 

Drove to plastic bag recycling and dropped off a large bag of bags(!) 

Browsed in the supermarket. 

Went to two other supermarkets to get things I needed and to print off mini lion pictures ❤️ 

Came back to mom's for a cuppa and will be meeting sis soon to get take-out for dinner 😋

I finished the fire pit.  It took 42 rocks to do the pit.  It's something mom wanted to do when she was still here.  There was a butterfly out there with me the whole time so if I want to believe it was her and we built the pit today does it really matter if it's true or not?

Happy October 2021 Everyone! 🎃 Up at 3am.... fed the Twitch :1cat:  got ready for work...   filtered thru on line news... posted some vintage Halloween cards on FB page..... wasn't too agitated at work.....  came back home (4 hrs later-)  watched Seinfeld on Netflix.... fell asleep on couch.....  woke up tired....    😴

I wish I was one of the actors on Seinfeld.  It ended the year after I graduated high school and it will never go away.  None of them will ever have to work again unless they want to work.  Who knows how much they continually get paid for the residuals from that show.🤔

Chatted to my friend and wished them happy birthday, did some house work, text S to see how she was, went out for a walk in the sunshine, usual food consumption. 

Yesterday I had to get dressed and drive to my house first thing as my new coat was being delivered 🧡

While I was there I put some washing away and washed some dishes that were hanging around... I also grabbed a bag full of things to take to charity and mini lion's expensive cat food to donate to my local cat charity 🐈

After that I had to face the local gossip merchants as I packed up my car 🙄 and then I drove to meet sis for lunch... Which was enjoyable..... 

Then, took charity stuff in to one shop and drove over to other cat charity. Saw a beautiful little lion there who was going home with his new family this weekend 👍 I hope he is happy there 🤞

After that got a drive thru hot chocolate and drove to the park for an autumnal walk.... Was quite nice, though was a bit frazzled on my little sleep... 

Then, came back to mom's, had take out for dinner and washed up for bed. 

Got stressed out by mom when I was relaxing grrr and had to do my best to calm down for sleep....😒..