What Did You Do Today? #3

Opened my new CD replacements and one was cracked and the other stopped playing during song😒 cat play time🐈 went to a couple stores 🚗 washed 75% of the dishes 🍽 😣 feed outdoor cat and birds 🐦🐱 work 8 hours 

Edited by watalife

Walked down to the supermarket in the snow 😬⛄❄️to get a couple of supplies. Had to turn back and start again coz I forget my bleeding (pain in the) mas(s)k. 

Emailed back and fore a bit with the agent to get my advert sorted. I'm now officially live... 

I'm not looking forward to the next bit - dealing with lots of people 🙄

Apart from those two productive things, I washed about 50% of the dishes today 😉 and got some rest. Just have to perform litter box duties and get ready for bed. 

Edited by Nightjar

I went to the DMV and got my car registered. Even though there was a line out the door due to 6ft distancing. I got it done in about 20 minutes. That was not bad at all.

Went to the pharmacy to get my meds and they had some 91% Isopropyl Alcohol so I scooped some up. Made up several small batches of my homemade cleaning solution. Picked up a few new masks to replace a couple of heavily worn ones. FU Covid!

Went for a nice walk in the rain with our pooch. She could care less it's raining so we had a good walk.

Now it's time to have a quick snack and do a workout.

Spring semester school began this week and today I attended 2 classes (online). Technology issues made for a bumpy start though it felt good to see my classmates and be introduced to all we will learn this season. 

Jobs 4 today:

1. Fold two loads of washing and put away. 

2. Put coats away 

3. Shower and wash hair.

4. Thoroughly clean bathroom. 

5. Upstairs dusting. 

6. Evening meal. 

7. Mini lion play time

8. Litter box duty. 

9. Pick up bits of moss in back garden. 

10. Little bit of yoga in the evening if I have energy. 

Edited by Nightjar

Ha! The funniest thing just happened. I was looking for a pen to write this! :mad1:

Yup, definitely lost the plot today 😂📝

Anyway, here are my

jobs for today

1.Scrub kitchen sink

2 Clean kitchen surfaces, cooker vent and hob. 

3.Clean inside fridge. 

4. Prepare meal and wash dishes. 

5. Pick up moss back and front gardens. 

6. Wash myself (lol) and scrub bathroom sink. 

7. Litterbox

8.Mini lion play time. 

9. Put coats away. 

10. Wipe skirting upstairs. 

11. Meditation and/or yoga. 

12. Put all rubbish out. 

13. Sweep floor downstairs. 

14. Stress out. 

Edited by Nightjar

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

11. Meditation and/or yoga. 

14. Stress out.

or...

13. Yoga and deep breathing.

14. Don't need to stress out because I did above list and Yoga and I'm doing a great job getting the house ready.

You're doing just fine girl but here's some extra for today. 👏🏻 👷🏻‍♀️ 🧘🏻‍♀️:console:

55 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I've now also done the oven :cheesy:

You've had viewings and everything was ok then right?  I know how you feel though.  The obsessive cleaning wouldn't end until the place was sold.  It's great stress relief.  I remember when mom and I lived apart and I would show up and the first thing I would do is start cleaning her house.  She thought I had lost it but the truth is I've been using cleaning as a way to relieve stress my whole life.

Only worked half day today as I saw my occupational psychiatrist today. I need sorting out. To put it mildly. Haha.

On my way to see the occupational psychiatrist I stopped off at a hi-fi store, a spur of the moment thing and went to listen to a potential new hifi- amp. I might actually buy it. Cause I like my music. Can’t really afford it though. But I probably will buy it anyway.

Came home and had a solo kick boxing session alone. 

Doing the laundry now, listening to New Order’s brilliant album “Power, Corruption and Lies”. Our substitute amp (an awesome looking Pioneer receiver amp from the 1970’s) needs service and quite frankly isn’t up to the job of driving my Dali floor standing speakers even it had been serviced..

1 hour ago, samadhiSheol said:

Only worked half day today as I saw my occupational psychiatrist today. I need sorting out. To put it mildly. Haha.

On my way to see the occupational psychiatrist I stopped off at a hi-fi store, a spur of the moment thing and went to listen to a potential new hifi- amp. I might actually buy it. Cause I like my music. Can’t really afford it though. But I probably will buy it anyway.

Came home and had a solo kick boxing session alone. 

Doing the laundry now, listening to New Order’s brilliant album “Power, Corruption and Lies”. Our substitute amp (an awesome looking Pioneer receiver amp from the 1970’s) needs service and quite frankly isn’t up to the job of driving my Dali floor standing speakers even it had been serviced..

I finally blew out my 1977-vintage amp...found a used one from the late 1980s and have it hooked up now. It's a little less powerful, but still can put out some tremendous sound. I have some nice Infinity speakers (replacing old 1970s-era Bose speakers). I haven't listened to the speakers in awhile; I've been using headphones.

46 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I finally blew out my 1977-vintage amp...found a used one from the late 1980s and have it hooked up now. It's a little less powerful, but still can put out some tremendous sound. I have some nice Infinity speakers (replacing old 1970s-era Bose speakers). I haven't listened to the speakers in awhile; I've been using headphones.

They really knew how to make them back in the day! And I suggest giving the speakers a shot again! 

I doubt that any of the "latter day" amps and whatnot will still be in working order 30+ years onward.

I had my old Marantz amp for twenty odd years. It was still in working order when I passed it on for a new amp which was good enough, but after 7  years something fused and the replacement would have cost as much as a new amp, if not more. 

One option I have thought about is getting a serviced vintage amp and just buy an additional Streamer/dac-unit with analogue output for digital-format music. I have a load of vinyl I emphatically WILL NOT give up, so the Phono stage is a must in an amp(less leads..). 

Cd's though.. I never cared for them much. Glorified c-cassettes IMHO. Haha. I don't have a cd-player anymore and I am in the process of selling my Cd's to a dealer. I am not expecting much from them, but if I could get a few vinyl albums out of the deal, win-win as far as I am concerned. And my cds might get a home somewhere where they are appreciated!! 

The amp I tried out at the hifi-store was a Cambridge Audio Amp with Bluetooth. In other respects it's a pretty basic, "old school" amplifier. I was particularly impressed with the Bluetooth and the sound in general.  

@samadhiSheol Good stuff! Marantz was a very respected name...not sure if they are still around.

They aren't even putting CD players in autos now. Everything is blue tooth. I liked CDs in the car because it was a cinch to use them. Now I'm expected to pull over to the side of the road and poke at my phone to change what I'm listening to. Progress!

Edited by JD4010

@samadhiSheol + @JD4010

Ah, serious audio going on here. I love it. I have a pair of Klipsch Reference floor standing speakers and the matching subwoofer. A Pioneer professional series amp that will connect everything I can think of. They're all stored in their original plastic bags in their shipping boxes in my attic. I should have sold them but just can't seem to let go of them. The sound is super clear and powerful enough to drive sound in my old 18x30ft living room. Watching movies in surround sound with that system just rocked. Now I have a crappy little sound bar and small subwoofer you can hardly hear... I hate it... BUT, I now live in a townhouse and my whole downstairs is barely 18x30ft. Downsizing was nice for costs and maintenence but not for listening to music. I just use a small Bose single speaker box now for listening to Pandora.

CDs I love. I hated 8-tracks and cassettes. My car is older and has a CD stacker, no bluetooth or usb. So all my CDs get used in the car.

I have mom's old white Bose radio with a CD player.  I listen to it every day.  I still listen to radio stations.  Who knows how old it is.  What amazes me is I don't think the batteries have ever been changed in the remote control and it still works.

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

You've had viewings and everything was ok then right?  I know how you feel though.  The obsessive cleaning wouldn't end until the place was sold.  It's great stress relief.  I remember when mom and I lived apart and I would show up and the first thing I would do is start cleaning her house.  She thought I had lost it but the truth is I've been using cleaning as a way to relieve stress my whole life.

That's a productive stress reliever sober. Whoever marries you will be in for a treat with a spotless home! 

... Haven't had a viewing yet. I have one today. I'm just attending to the finishing touches and then the masterpiece is done :mad1:

Jobs4today

1.Get dressed

2.Hair and make up

3.Litter box

4.Make bed to show home standard. 

5.Move car to guest space. 

6.Hide recycling

7.Wipe bathrooom floor

8.Quickly scrub bathroom sink

9.Put cat stuff away 🙀

10.Pick up rogue moss in garden(s) 

11. Conduct viewing. 

12. Collapse in celebration or commiseration. 

On 1/29/2021 at 10:10 AM, Nightjar said:

I've now also done the oven :cheesy:

"Honey, I really liked this last house we looked at.  It is perfect!  But, ya know, there was that smudge on the side of the oven.  Big red flag!  Better pass it up and keep looking."   🤪 

9 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

"Honey, I really liked this last house we looked at.  It is perfect!  But, ya know, there was that smudge on the side of the oven.  Big red flag!  Better pass it up and keep looking."   🤪 

Oh lord. I was fretting when the woman was taking off her shoes right by the bit where the carpet is frayed a bit. God help me 😳🤣😆

And, what was I thinking? 'Damn, that's blown it, she'll never buy it now.' 🤣

Edited by Nightjar