3 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Bought  domain name today: "headsaretalking.com".  I'm surprised it wasn't taken since it's a "com" and almost all of those that make any kind of sense  are taken.  There's nothing there yet of course.  I'm always responding to the politicians and talking heads on tv; not political responses exactly, no team sports for me.  Not sure what exactly I'll do. 

Bulgakov

I've heard of people doing that for a living buying domain names they think companies out there might want to buy from them down the road.

Just now, sober4life said:

I've heard of people doing that for a living buying domain names they think companies out there might want to buy from them down the road.

They sure have Sober, but mostly that happened in the past, before most domains that could be though of, were thought of.  From just a short visit to Godaddy to get this one for a year (twelve bucks or something like for first year), I see "brokers" advertising their service to try to get you a currently owned domain, for a fee. My domain still needs a site with writing and pictures, so it's in the mix of things I might do.

Bulgakov

13 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Bought  domain name today: "headsaretalking.com".

Just for giggles, I tried to log onto this website address.  Got an ad for 'Domain Buy Service' offering to try to obtain this domain name for me for $70 plus commission (not including actual cost of domain name).  Could be fun to start a fake bidding war for this site name with you acting reluctant to sell.  Then, at the last minute, everyone suddenly decides, 'Nah, never mind.'   😉

Just kiddin', but it is an 'interesting' idea.

9 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

They sure have Sober, but mostly that happened in the past,

"Cyber-squatting" was kind of a thing in the early oughts. Back then you might collect a few thousand for a catchy name or a corporate name.

I like your domain name, it's versatile and you might even get traffic from some fans of the long broken-up band, Talking Heads.

Just now, jkd_sd said:

Buy Service' offering to try to obtain this domain name for me for $70 plus commission (not including actual cost of domain name).

Man, it all goes fast doesn't it.  I just bought it a few hours before you looked .  Ha, I like your bidding war idea.  When I was a youngster on the Internet, domains were free for the trouble of filling out an online form and applying directly through the Domain Name Service.  In the 80s I think.  Quick thinkers then bought up all the big names that hadn't been claimed, names like General Electric, Post Cereals; any name anyone could think of that might not yet have been claimed by the mega corporations, many of whom were a step behind.  I emailed with a guy who was a tv music jock on early MTV--can't remember his name.  He'd claimed "MTV.com" just before it occurred to MTV.   That guy, and all the people who'd grabbed the iconic corporate names, had their claims  denied by the courts.  It was a slick idea.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

I received a Magic 8 Ball in the mail, and it's by the original maker, Mattel.  It's about softball size.  Ask a question, turn it over, and the answer floats up from the murk, printed on a triangular tablet, half inch on each side.  It all looks legit.  I can't think of how it could make any worse decisions than I do sometimes, or congress does.

Bulgakov

Just now, watalife said:

I'm sorry but it won't

Hang in there wata.  There are so many big plans in the works for the pols between now and the election, they may yet stumble or crumble into something helpful.  Oh, I got some broccoli crowns from WalMart, much better thanks.

Bulgakov

I've changed my mind on the great value foods. For one the disturbing reviews on the broccoli and the bag of French fries I threw out after one serving. Seems as though they are changing the recipes and quality of the products. I hope the ibuprofens are still legit. Lol 🙊

12 minutes ago, watalife said:

I've changed my mind on the great value foods. For one the disturbing reviews on the broccoli and the bag of French fries I threw out after one serving. Seems as though they are changing the recipes and quality of the products. I hope the ibuprofens are still legit. Lol 🙊

Are those the french fries that are impossible to get crisp somehow no matter how long you cook them?  Some of the frozen french fries are so terrible!

Not exactly today. Doing it all week and finished last night. I got some carbon fiber wrap and wrapped the wheels on my car with it. So now my wheels look like they are made of carbon fiber. Came out pretty good. I did our other car last month to try the idea out and we liked it enough that I did mine. Hers is a white runabout and did dry black and min dry grey. They both have reflective grey as the second color in the pattern. So they catch your eye in the sun but look deeper when there is less light. The good thing is whenever you get tired of it you can just peel it off and go back to original.

Did my 5 hour house cleaning job, paid a bill, wasted 10$ when I didn't have it to waste 😐, dumped out a whole chicken to the strays 😺 🍗 and creepy critters

Well I was manic so I did everything on the list and talked to everyone I know all of which had comments of are you sure you're still sober.  Sure I'm sober I'm just a lunatic!😊

Ate lunch outside. I'm not really enjoying myself at a table on the sidewalk. Automobile traffic is loud and annoying but a change from my dreary apartment. 

Walked 5 miles. Visited mom, her depression is worsening so I researched therapists and found several she might be keen on working with (if they're accepting new clients).

Met with a friend online. Finish my first paper for school. It's fine.