What Did You Do Today? #3

First day of graduate school, it went well. We are meeting online so I've yet to meet any of my classmates or professors in person (and we won't meet until spring, earliest). I haven't even been on the Uni's campus yet. 

I got really anxious the night before, took .5mg Chlonazepam so that my brain could stop playing an endless blooper reel of my past school life and I could sleep. 

Explored some parts of my hometown I've not been to for... 25? years. Cycled for some 30 km. Sort of in preparation for my "circle around the town by not using bridges within the town challenge". Which may stretch to 100 km, because of these rules.
A bit sad that I saw several abandoned houses in that area; there really aren't any in my district... maybe one or two.

That's the only thing that I did that's worth mentioning.

Cleaned litter box 🚮

Played with mini lion 🦁

Fixed picture frame with blue tac 🖼️

Booked appointment for car mot 🚗👍

Washed dishes 🥣🥣🥣

Put TV away for new 'No TV' regime 📺

Washed hair 💇‍♀️🚿

Made lunch and dinner 👌

Had a brief chat with neighbour whilst putting out rubbish and recycling ♻️

Took a long walk 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

Looked on DF and Pinterest 😘😘😘🐳

Two loads of laundry -- washed, dried, and put away.  Multiple phone calls to follow up on a goof up by 'professionals'.  (Not worth explaining.)  🙄   Straightened out some contacts in my phone.  Played with the cat who was determined to 'help' with the laundry.  Did some reading on the internet.  Cleaned litterbox.   

It does not seem like much when I list it out, but it felt like a productive day.

This morning my Mom and I took one of our dog`s to the vet then we picked up Mexican food for lunch. After we ate lunch and rested for a bit we went to Target where I picked up my meds at the pharmacy and got my flu shot. Picked up a few little things at Target and then got Starbuck`s and now here I am.

I'm putting old pictures in photo albums because it's something mom wanted to do.  She bought the albums but was never able to put in the pictures.  I found an old Christmas picture and everyone else was cleaned up and wearing nice clothes.  I looked like I spent about a month in a dumpster without taking a bath.  I had a huge stain on the front of my shirt and my hair was all dirty and uncombed.

Visited with a friend. She made us lunch and we did a long walk and talk. As soon as I made it home, all I did was read/study for school. The reading... it never ends. Read. Write. Read. Eat. Read more. 

☕ 👨‍💻 📚 🤔  📝 :book: 🥙 😬 :coffeebreak: 🥺 📱 🛌

23 hours ago, Atra said:

Visited with a friend. She made us lunch and we did a long walk and talk. As soon as I made it home, all I did was read/study for school. The reading... it never ends. Read. Write. Read. Eat. Read more. 

☕ 👨‍💻 📚 🤔  📝 :book: 🥙 😬 :coffeebreak: 🥺 📱 🛌

Outshining me once again with the emojis I see. Nice formatting Atra la vista 👌

16 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

Action packed day. A visit to an historical site with my ma and pa. Lunch. Nice day. Now I am enjoying Cocteau Twins with a dram of Bowmore and artisan ale. 

Stuff nice memories are made of. 

That's lovely to hear samadhiSheol 🤗 

16 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

Action packed day. A visit to an historical site with my ma and pa. Lunch. Nice day. Now I am enjoying Cocteau Twins with a dram of Bowmore and artisan ale. 

Stuff nice memories are made of. 

That sounds like a terrific day! Memorable indeed. 

I finished last week's reading assignments and then I attended classes (online) for 6 hours. I figured what the heck and openly admitted to my professors how I'm struggling to keep up with all the reading. They were gracious and understanding, advising that I read the textbook word for word but skimming/scanning some of the other literature is not just okay, but expected. 

Me:  "So, I can skim over the journal articles that you authored?" (I couldn't help myself. 🤭 Must learn to self-censor).

Today I went to pick up some filters for my turtle`s tank

Then my Mom and I went to the cemetery to put some flowers on my grandmother and grandfathers grave. She also put some flowers on my great grandmothers and great grandfathers grave.

Then we went through the car wash

After that we picked up a snack from the drive thru

In the afternoon we took one of other dog`s to the vet because she hasn`t been feeling very well. The vet gave her some meds and hopefully she`ll go on to be her old self again

8 hours ago, Lady Mozzer said:

Today I went to pick up some filters for my turtle`s tank

Then my Mom and I went to the cemetery to put some flowers on my grandmother and grandfathers grave. She also put some flowers on my great grandmothers and great grandfathers grave.

Then we went through the car wash

After that we picked up a snack from the drive thru

In the afternoon we took one of other dog`s to the vet because she hasn`t been feeling very well. The vet gave her some meds and hopefully she`ll go on to be her old self again

Do you have any pictures anywhere of your turtles or tank set up?