What Did You Do Today? #3

Lots. Got exercise, made sun tea, had a session, practiced grounding, ate fairly healthy, watched a new show, walked, turned down a curious child who wanted to play, poisoned all the ants in the yard, cried (not because of the ants) (or the child), did stretches, and cleaned the bathroom so my dad doesn't think I'm a pig when he visits tomorrow.

I cut my own hair again. Used the 3/8 blade guard this time for a closer cut since it's anybody's guess when barbers and salons will reopen. 

I figured I'm totally a pro, you know, having used electric clippers once before on myself? So I removed the blade guard to trim around my ears, do a little shaping. But the razor slipped in my hand and now I have a 2" hairless line right above my right ear! 🤣 if I wear glasses, no one will know. 

8 hours ago, Atra said:

now I have a 2" hairless line right above my right ear!

If anyone makes a smug comment about it like 'Oh, did you do that yourself?' <*snicker*>, pretend it was totally on purpose.  Something like, "Yeah, it was hard to get the little 'accent' right, but it turned out just as planned.  I have not yet decided what to do next time."  Hopefully, that will warn them to keep their mouth shut next time.

For the most part people don't have any nerve to confront people so I wouldn't worry about it.  I bet I could go out every day for a week dressed as a duck and be out the whole day and maybe one or two people would have the nerve to say anything.

Edited by sober4life

Therapy appointment. Talked about the 8 ways to wellbeing, discussed my anxiety spiking and coping strategies failing. They also explained a method of lining up pictures properly on the wall. We're back to once a month now which sucks and means basically check-ins without any deeper work. 

Looked after narc mom. She is 5 days post surgery, still tired and in pain. It was her first full day at home. No nastiness from her today which is always a bonus. I only did a few menial tasks for her and kept her company but man, I feel exhausted.

Oh yeah, I just remembered I've been depressed all week and have been working hard to keep my head above water and get the basics done 🤔 Looks like I completely forgot my own needs again there for five hours, but hey, why break the habit of a lifetime 😐

14 hours ago, Nightjar said:

but hey, why break the habit of a lifetime 😐

🤗 Some days/weeks it's all we can do to keep our chins above water not advancing but not falling backwards. Taking care of your convalescing narc mom whilst needing to take very good care of yourself, by yourself, plus depression? Mission impossible. You did your best with the resources you had at the time, don't you think?

Met brother for an outdoor lunch on busy boulevard. Then we went for a hike on some local trails because I wanted some exercise and contact with nature. We had a good time. 

Attended support group, talked about anxiety. I get a lot out of going twice each week but when school semester begins next month, I may be too busy. The thought of cutting back a useful support makes me nervous. 

10 hours ago, Atra said:

🤗 Some days/weeks it's all we can do to keep our chins above water not advancing but not falling backwards. Taking care of your convalescing narc mom whilst needing to take very good care of yourself, by yourself, plus depression? Mission impossible. You did your best with the resources you had at the time, don't you think?

Yes. Thanks Atra. 

Life gets really tough sometimes and we can only do our best. We're all just doing the best we can every day aren't we? 

I think it was particularly important that I was there yesterday. She did seem quite ill. Today, I noticed improvement and I think tomorrow I can perhaps relax a bit more and let my sister do a bit of narc mom tending while I take care of things my end 🙂

The worry about the op and some awful narc games involving narc mom and sis beforehand floored me. I was convinced we were going to lose her and so I swallowed the abuse like a good girl and wished her luck for the op 😐

9 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Just say Yes to Dr. No. 🙂

I wish! Alas, Netflix only has the Pierce Brosnan ones at the moment.... 😒

I had a therapist appointment today, and she called in some new meds for me! Is it weird that I'm really excited to see if they work?

Well I opened the door to my shed and got stung by a whole nest of bees.  Then I mowed the yard and ran out of gas 100 yards away from the shed and had to push the mower back to the shed.  Then I had to fix my weed eater to get it going.  It's raining now.  Maybe if I go outside I'll get lucky and be struck by lightning.

Edited by sober4life

Laundry at the laundromat: always worrisome. 

Phone call with my bestie, phone call with my mom, finished the last requirements for my student loans (hopefully), attended support group, watched TV.