Today I went to depression support group, big turnout. 26 people. Facilitator had his work cut out and handled check-ins, recorded and remembered who wanted time to share and handled time management with diplomacy and skill. I realized this aint the role for me. 

A member had a major mental health crisis afterwards. I realized providing care and support during such incidents is a role I can handle - but it was fraught, cause I'd never seen that. 

I went to dinner with married member in order to sort out the mess. She told her husband she wants a divorce and then assured me that she does not expect me to step in. Rather, our friendship has been an awakening to dissatisfaction she's felt for years. Nevertheless, I'm wary. I've been lied to before about intentions, learned the painful lesson that people can lie to themselves more convincingly than to others. 

8 hours ago, evalynn said:

Which store had the bag of autumn leaves?

Oh I found that at Michaels near a small display of Thanksgiving decorations.  They're neat little synthetic leaves in Fall colors.  Looks really cool spread around the base of pumpkins, and I'm probably going to go back to get some more to scatter on the window sills.  

I do need to decorate this place for fall.  I'm so lazy I still have the same curtains up in here that were hanging when I moved in 3 years ago.  They hated them enough to leave them here when they left and I left them up for 3 years!

Went to bed after reading, at 4:30 this morning; woke up 7:30--two hours later, went back to sleep; woke at 9:30; went back to sleep; woke at 5:30 pm.  This is not typical, though my hours are messed up.  And I thought, wow, his day has really gone by painlessly, but I don't think that kind of thinking is healthy. 

Wide awake now.

The husband and I ran some quick errands before the family came over today for belated birthday dinner. Everyone came to our house for once, and we ordered in Carrabba's so I could order the same shrimp fettuccine I had three days ago. Then we were all in a food coma. lol Dad got my fav strawberry cheesecake so that was my birthday cake. 🙂 Everyone left just as I was getting tired (my niece and the dog had already both fallen asleep 🤣) and then my husband watched some TV while I went in and out of sleep on the couch. All in all, a pretty great day.

Plodded through the day with my constant companion, a cold virus. Swung by my moms place to visit with her and her BFF who was visiting from out of town. They fed me cherry pie and tea.

Walked home and assembled a couple of bead bracelets. Tigerseye, garnet, black onyx and Amazonite with silver filigree spacers and a brass filigree box holding a scented lava bead. Well, I guess it's just the one bead bracelet cause the other one slipped through my fingers and spilled everywhere. 

I bought a 12 pack of bubbles, the kind you blow, and a jar of blue colored crunchy slime. Very random I know, right? Both will go in my distress and anxiety reduction kit. 

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I do need to decorate this place for fall

16 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

Oh I found that at Michaels near a small display of Thanksgiving decorations.  They're neat little synthetic leaves in Fall colors.  Looks really cool spread around the base of pumpkins, and I'm probably going to go back to get some more to scatter on the window sills.  

6 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Which store had the bag of autumn leaves?

Aw, you guys. We don't do this in the UK. We only decorate for Christmas 😁

I'm still getting over my cold, slept in and didn't start my day until after noon. To improve my temperament I treated myself to a bowl of Vietnamese chicken noodle soup (phở gà) at a neighborhood restaurant where I'm a regular. The restaurant manager is also getting over his cold and he asked the kitchen to make my bowl with extra broth. 

Fortified with chicken soup, I felt strong enough to shop and then attend the Monday depression and bipolar support group. Like Saturday, it was a big turnout with several new people. Similar to being here, I feel good being amidst my people in the group even when I don't share. 

Back at home, I finished the other beaded bracelet. Black Lava beads with copper disc spacers, a couple of white Howlite beads for accents and a bigger, coral-colored Lava bead in the center. Since Lava is porous, I might drizzle them with fragrant essential oils.

Walked 4 miles. Attended the process therapy group for Ketamine treatment patients. I took a lot of the group's time to unburden and work through an event from last Saturday when someone had a crisis and I tried to help. 

Later I went to the astronomy club and attended a presentation by a space telescope scientist about how planets outside our solar system (exoplanets) are discovered. It was my first time attending any astronomy club event. It was pretty interesting.

Went to Michaels and bought a couple ceramic pumpkins and some more Fall leaves, then went to Target to do my grocery shopping.  There was an awful smell in Target...at first in the parking lot I thought it was rotting onions, but when I got inside it took on more of like a burning rubber or plastic type of smell, but not exactly.  Pretty gross, and both my mom and I felt a bit queasy by the time we left.  I wonder what that was?  

Announcements