What Did You Do Today? #3

Met with my career counselor, she draws Xs through paragraphs in my grad school application statement. Then she comforts me when I throw my hands up, "you can't delete that it was meaningful hard work, it's about a significant life-lesson and...😟! And... it doesn't belong in an application for a master's program. Yeah." This is, to a large extent, what I pay her for. 

Afterwards, I went on a date. With a woman who was in my (now former) therapy group, the one I had drama with, who blocked my texts. This sounds stupid, it might be. She took me to a work event, showed me some expensive, exclusive condos she lists for sale. Very posh.

I took her to a presentation on the legal rights of mentally ill people assessed by authorities as health risks then placed in locked facilities on involuntary psychiatric hold/observation. 😶I know, how is it possible I'm still single? 😂

We also walked a meditation labyrinth, sat in the park and talked, kissed, ate dinner. 

On 2/27/2020 at 2:28 AM, Atra said:

We also walked a meditation labyrinth, sat in the park and talked, kissed, ate dinner. 

Yeah, this is Atra in the future talking. Hey there buddy. If I could go back in time several days just to tell you this thing between you and her isn't gonna work, would you listen? Of course not. You don't like getting love life advice. Even from me. Carry on then! 🤷‍♂️

So I finished my the last of my grad applications today. Now I will impatiently wait for evaluation and invitation to interview. Soon I will begin researching financial aid options and certainly be writing lots of letters begging for money. 

Edited by Atra
Oversharing again.

I finally paid my bills.

Waited 20 minutes on my cell phone to speak with a customer service rep, dang! Beats talking to an automated machine. 

Now I'm planning on going outside to feed my horses.

1 minute ago, shio said:

I finally paid my bills.

Waited 20 minutes on my cell phone to speak with a customer service rep, dang! Beats talking to an automated machine. 

Now I'm planning on going outside to feed my horses.

That's nice how many horses do you have

Attended lip reading class. Met a friend and her family visiting from out of town at a wine bar owned by another friend of ours. Brought my mom along too, as she's not been socializing much during rehab for her arm. We drank a lot of wine. 

Well woke early in anticipation of my morning xray and ultrasound to my right shoulder. After the ultrasound tech told me to see my doctor before I do any kind of heavy work :ermm:. Kinda tough since I have a horse ranch.....

Waiting for my lunch. I ordered chicken and ribs yummers :sigh:

9 hours ago, Atra said:

Attended lip reading class. Met a friend and her family visiting from out of town at a wine bar owned by another friend of ours. Brought my mom along too, as she's not been socializing much during rehab for her arm. We drank a lot of wine. 

I'm already paranoid enough.  I can't imagine how I would be if I could read lips.

My uncle (on my dad's side) and aunt were visiting from Maine and spent the day here with us yesterday, along with my cousin (who now lives in Denver) and her boyfriend.  I hadn't seen them in nearly 20 years so it was nice catching up.  My aunt has dementia, but to be honest I couldn't really tell.  She seemed fine to me, and pretty much the same as I remember from years ago.  Anyway it was awesome seeing them all again.

Today I went to the grocery store and that's about it.