What Did You Do Today? #3

OK, let me see.....

Had a chill out session this morning which was much appreciated even though it seems impossible for me to ever relax completely. 

Played with mini lion who was literally climbing the walls with boredom because she didn't have her prompt play time in the morning. 

Showered. Managed to enjoy it for a change as was more relaxed after chill out time. 

Went shopping.

Sorted some recycling,  put out some rubbish. 

Evening DF session.

Not a massively productive day but beneficial to my mood. It felt really nice to give myself a break and go easy on myself. Of course I have a to do list as long as my arm but I can honestly say today that I don't care, I feel better for relaxing.

7 hours ago, evalynn said:

My birthday is actually on the 12th

It's the 12th so :birfdayCake: Happy Birthday! I hope you'll treat yourself especially well, nap whenever you like, shirk your responsibilities, spend $ on something impractical that makes you happy.

What birthday meals are your gonna eat? Are you going to have cake or lots of ice cream?

Did you know olympic gold medalist Jesse Owens and singer Barry White also had September 12th birthdays? 

36 is an auspicious number in Judaism, the number 18 signifies life and double life is quite fortunate. 36 is the atomic number of krypton, which is a noble gas. 36 is also a perfect score on the ACT standardized test. And +36 is the international dialing number for Hungary. 

I looked up your birthday horoscope so that you wouldn't have to deal with the Google ads repercussions of searching for it yourself:

Being a Virgo born on September 12th, you are characterized by your reserved and sensitive nature. Some may describe you as shy, but this only stems from your preference to stay out of the spotlight. You are comfortable in the background and consequently, find it difficult to share your inner feelings and thoughts with those you are not very close to. Your friends and family know that when you are comfortable with someone, its a whole different story, as you can easily be yourself with them.

I hope that's creepily accurate or hilariously missed the mark. 

Walked to the bead store to pick up some metal spacer beads for a bracelet I'm assembling. Walked out having spent $60 on items I hadn't intended to purchase; feeding my need to bead. 💸

Did some grocery shopping then worked for over 3 hours on a job application that I'd already spent hours preparing with the help of others. I've been putting off completing and submitting it because I was afraid of my own compulsive tendency for finding "perfect answers" to every question. It did interfere but I managed to submit it anyways before late evening and I didn't spend the rest of night rethinking how I might've answered them better.

It's important to value these small successes, they fill the gaps between struggles. Kinda like spacer beads. 

The past 24 hours or so have been zig-zaggy.

Woke up at 3 am and couldn't fall back asleep. I got a lot of great birthday greetings via text and Facebook and here that made me smile. But by the time we went out for lunch I was exhausted, but I was determined to enjoy the day. We went up the street to Carrabas, and I had delicious prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, Italian salad, and shrimp fettuccine. Then we came home and I got a nap in before my hair appointment.

Now at the salon, the stylist at the register said she checked me in but apparently she never told my stylist I was there. 28 minutes passed and I was gearing up to say something when my stylist came up front and saw me. She was shocked and pissed that no one had informed her! She kept apologizing, but it wasn't her fault; I should have been more assertive and had the receptionist check in the back but she saw me sitting there and never offered to. Anyway, the rest of the appointment went fine and now my hair is nice and smooth and straight and trimmed. (Oh! Turns out the put me down for color treatment too, which is NOT what I said on the phone. What is up with these receptionists? 🙄)

My husband met me at the salon and we went to the bar afterward for a couple drinks and snacks (Midori Sour and Pineapple Sangria for me, and mediocre crab cakes) and then back to the house. I fell asleep at a decent hour, but now I've been up again since 3 something again. I guess this is my new schedule.

Edited by evalynn

Just now, evalynn said:

I just realized I was up around 3 on Friday the 13th with a full harvest moon...dun dun DUN!

Thanks to my incessant reading of DF threads, I know that 3 a.m. starts the "witching" hour.  I looked on Wikipedia, and it said that in medieval times, women caught out at this time, without good reason, could be executed on the spot.  Funny how rituals bind history.  Women out late at night, currently, are suspect in some Muslim countries.  Like Rattler, I worked as a network admin until my early retirement.  Used to sub contract some of grunt work and number crunching at a CPA place I monitored, and so we used to do business with a company in India for that.  Some times, the work went undone overnight, as the ladies in charge couldn't go out after dark, on the streets.  That was fairly recent, about ten years ago. 

It does make you wonder though . . . why any female would need to go out alone, at 3 a.m.?  Just kidding, I'll get back in line. 

Bulgakov the Male

This afternoon, I went for a walk in the park with a new friend who I met recently. We saw flowers, listened to musicians jam for a while. Walked around a duck pond, went up in a tower for a 360 degree view of the city. We talked real talk.

I don't know when it dawned on me that our leisure trek had begun to feel like a date. The easy openness in sharing about ourselves. The gentle looks, compliments. Rapport. Chemistry. I don't think I was making special efforts and attempts to be charming or cool because she's married. For me, that's a boundary. We both want to make new friends and this seemed like a safe and tidy foray... but NOPE! 😞 

Cause life is seldom tidy, towards the end of our day she spoke her truth about her feelings for me. I did not confide my own - not that it mattered, she sees through me. I kept the physical boundary intact, so nothing happened. But you know how the chemicals in our bodies that signal attraction feel like opiates?

I feel a mess. This is a mess, and I don't know how to tidy it up. What would you do?

On 9/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Bulgakov said:

Song:  "Riding that train, high on cocaine, Casey Jones you better, watch your speed!"  from Grateful Dead, "Working Man's Dead" album.  I know  E is not high on cocaine, thanks.  The "train" analogy does get around though. 

Bulgakov

Hiding inside high on cocaine, Casey Jones I know you're after me would have been me.  That's all cocaine ever did for me.  I hid inside and thought the world was after me.  Now I get to do that for free.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, AloneGuy said:

Went out with my mom and brother to Michaels, Spirit and Target to do some Halloween shopping.  I bought some more of those craft pumpkins in various sizes, a few skulls and skeletons, some orange candy corn lights, and a bag of autumn leaves.  At Target I found a really funny looking spider skeleton decoration with a head that I think is supposed to look like a human skull...but actually looks kinda funny and cute because of the way the eyes were painted.  I had to have it of course so I bought it and it's now sitting on the coffee table.  A bit of a busy day for me but lots of fun.   

Which store had the bag of autumn leaves?