Submitted an application for grad school. The next one should be easier and isn't due until first of March. Washed laundry. Went out with friends for drinks at a pub. 

I got up this morning took my dogs to do their morning consitution. Feed them then went back to bed. Cried on and off as I held one of my furbabies. 

Mid noon now and forcing myself to eat. 

Stomach hurts but I think I'll go for a walk as it's started to rain. Maybe it might make me feel better

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I "rested" which means I sat around thinking about all the bad things in my life the whole day.

I'm sorry you too are having that kinda of day.

My heading won't stop thinking of the people from my past who were rude,  for a better word, to me. 

5 minutes ago, shio said:

I'm sorry you too are having that kinda of day.

My heading won't stop thinking of the people from my past who were rude,  for a better word, to me. 

I can't remember anyone that wasn't rude to me so far.  I know how you feel.  People have been making me sick my whole life.

I just missed buying a used car that I'd had my eye on. My old car is so rusty that I fear it has lost some of its structural integrity. It needs work but I don't want to sink much money into it because of the rust. I love the old beast but all of the salt on the roads in the winter has taken its toll. I found another car much like my current one but with only 1/3 the miles on the odometer...and much less rust. Somebody else got it just before I stopped to look at it. No biggie; I'm still driving a car I really like.

On 1/31/2020 at 4:08 AM, Atra said:

But how can you help on the phone in just 10 minutes? Apologetically disclose the time constraint. Let them talk. Interrupt or interject when time boundary is approaching and offer empathy, compassion and understanding. Like Lucy from the Peanuts cartoon in the booth that reads "Psychiatric help 5 cents". Speed-counseling. 

Good observations.  It's another example of fast food medicine being served by practitioners from dentists to mental health counselors.  Not to bang on the "have-mores" but the wealthy have options like concierge medicine, and tailored counseling.  We of the huddled mass will see longer lines, and shorter face time with medical professionals. 

The wack-a-do world of constantly streamed global crises and tragedy wears on us all.  There is nothing we can do about hundreds dead and thousands injured on the other side of the globe; it's hard to empathize with hundreds dead, again.  

PTSD, a diagnosis reserved until recently for soldiers returning from war, has gone mainstream.  I think that may be partly the result of ongoing low level trauma piled on us by media of all kinds.  That's just a thought.  But, it's the malady of the day and should send more looking for relief from a world in crises.   Keep up the worthy effort Atra, there just needs to be more of you.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I "rested" which means I sat around thinking about all the bad things in my life the whole day.

I can so relate to this. Everyone thinks that I should be relaxed if I have a day to myself, but really I just spend it ruminating or worrying or both. 

Slept in far too late and had a series of bizarre, unnerving dreams and woke up still feeling like crap. Etta was very low energy today, but I took her out about 10 minutes before the sun set and we took a nice brisk walk in the park. Then I watched TV/read online, looked up cookie recipes for tomorrow, and checked my pantry for ingredients. I picked up my husband from work and we were both too tired to stop at Walmart so I'll get what I need tomorrow and bake the cookies before going to my Dad's house. Feeling sleepy...

17 hours ago, sober4life said:

I can't remember anyone that wasn't rude to me so far.  I know how you feel.  People have been making me sick my whole life.

I can empathize 

16 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I just missed buying a used car that I'd had my eye on. My old car is so rusty that I fear it has lost some of its structural integrity. It needs work but I don't want to sink much money into it because of the rust. I love the old beast but all of the salt on the roads in the winter has taken its toll. I found another car much like my current one but with only 1/3 the miles on the odometer...and much less rust. Somebody else got it just before I stopped to look at it. No biggie; I'm still driving a car I really like.

Great perspective. Good on ya @JD4010

I did the usual Sunday thing... Went to Trader Joes, Went to Grocery Outlet, Went to Fred Meyers, Came home and since it is semi-sunny out, I swept my patio of all the winter debris which had accumulated...  Oh and Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow.. so according to a giant North American Ground Squirrel, we will be seeing Spring early this year...:winkkiss:

Edited by SoulSurvivor
my keyboard is lame

Went to Target and got a few supplies, then walked Etta, then got everything together to bake. With the Puppy Bowl on in the background, I made no-bake chocolate snowballs (chocolate, oats, coconut flakes...) and chocolate chip/butterscotch chip cookies. Now I'm done with about 45 minutes to spare until I pick up my husband and head to my Dad's. 

1 minute ago, evalynn said:

Went to Target and got a few supplies, then walked Etta, then got everything together to bake. With the Puppy Bowl on in the background, I made no-bake chocolate snowballs (chocolate, oats, coconut flakes...) and chocolate chip/butterscotch chip cookies. Now I'm done with about 45 minutes to spare until I pick up my husband and head to my Dad's. 

I love those no bake cookies...what a great thing to do on a Sunday

2 hours ago, SoulSurvivor said:

I did the usual Sunday thing... Went to Trader Joes, Went to Grocery Outlet, Went to Fred Meyers, Came home and since it is semi-sunny out, I swept my patio of all the winter debris which had accumulated...  Oh and Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow.. so according to a giant North American Ground Squirrel, we will be seeing Spring early this year...:winkkiss:

Yeah :yay:squirrel! 

2 hours ago, evalynn said:

Yummers chocolate, oats n coconut flake roundies .... best of all no bake

20 hours ago, evalynn said:

Slept in far too late and had a series of bizarre, unnerving dreams and woke up still feeling like crap. Etta was very low energy today, but I took her out about 10 minutes before the sun set and we took a nice brisk walk in the park. Then I watched TV/read online, looked up cookie recipes for tomorrow, and checked my pantry for ingredients. I picked up my husband from work and we were both too tired to stop at Walmart so I'll get what I need tomorrow and bake the cookies before going to my Dad's house. Feeling sleepy...

Oh @evalynn I'm sorry you had unnerving dreams. And to top it off making you feel like crap. 

I hope you'll sleep well tonight and get enough rest :flowers:

Had a little bit to eat this morning and went back to bed. Slept for a couple hours. Woke and went outside  fed my horses hay. And spent a bit of quality time with my fuzzy yearling colt, Frostie. 

Now I'm inside watching the sunset sipping my hot chocolate. 

Attended lip reading class, first one in many months and oh man... so rusty. It was good to get back at it at any rate since I'm still losing low frequency hearing in my left ear. I had a couple of hours to myself afterwards, walked to a tea shop and drank a couple of pots of builders tea with scones, clotted cream and lemon curd then met a friend for dinner and a movie. 

7 hours ago, Atra said:

Attended lip reading class, first one in many months and oh man... so rusty. It was good to get back at it at any rate since I'm still losing low frequency hearing in my left ear. I had a couple of hours to myself afterwards, walked to a tea shop and drank a couple of pots of builders tea with scones, clotted cream and lemon curd then met a friend for dinner and a movie. 

Scones clotted cream n lemon curd! Yummmm I truly miss British foods. I lived in Bedfordshire eons ago. Loved my walks to pretty much anywhere along with the train rides to London