What Did You Do Today? #3

Got up early to take the dog out; it was 30 something degrees which happens maybe once a year so I had to bundle up.

I got a few more hours of sleep and then I had to take my husband to the next city for a checkup for his foot fracture. They took more x-rays and exchanged the boot for a brace he can wear under his shoe. But he still can't walk without crutches so they're finding him a physical therapist because his achilles tendon is too stiff.

Afterword, we got food at PDQ and then put in some prescriptions at Walgreens. Then we stopped for gas then home to give Etta another walk. After that, I finally got to relax for a few hours. Now I'm planning to take some sleep meds and anxiety meds and hope I actually get a solid 6 hours tonight. 

Been 5 days since I looked in on my mother so I picked up some lunch for her, stopped at the store to pick up cream for tea and we spent a nice afternoon. Shes recovering well from a broken humerus. Whilst there, I borrowed her scanner to digitize a couple of paper certificates of achievements I earned, uploaded those to my LinkedIn profile. I am hoping the admissions committee for the masters programs I'm applying to will see them. 

Later in the evening I attended the process therapy group for Ketamine treatment. Spent time with my K-pals and shared my grief and related feelings for the loss of persons I felt close to. The LCSW who facilitates the group helped me to refocus on self-cares. 

Ate dinner and watched some streaming television. 

Had a horrible headache that ached everytime I moved so I took some pills and slept as long as possible. Picked up Etta's overpriced allergy pills at the vet, picked up a cute throw pillow at Target and also a heart-shaped cookie cutter and pink sprinkles. My husband surprised me by getting a ride home from work, and we had dinner. Then we watched some TV, and now I'm trying to relax so I can fall asleep.

I really wanted to stay home as I'm having one of those days. However I needed refills on my meds so here I am waiting to see a doctor.

I really have a love hate relationship with my house. Now that I'm out I don't want to go home though I can't do anything whilst out due to low funds. Yet when I'm home I just sit around doing nothing :huh:

The baby cockroach I rescued has grown and I felt sorry for it living in the little enclose I made for it, so today I made a bigger enclosure and made it as "cockroach friendly" as I could with the information I have about the species.

I attended my niece's funeral. I avoid going to such events however I was asked to do the eulogy. The way I've been feeling I felt no one took notice nor understood. Except for my cousin who told me i did a great job 😊 He made my day. 

Facilitated depression/bipolar support group, moderately large turn-out though I was anticipating even more. Of course, my depression-mind is eager to assign meaning to this: I suck at facilitating, they're avoiding me. Ridiculous, narcissistic even. 🤷‍♂️

A couple of our group attendees were hospitalized this week for trying to end their lives. Hearing people share about that is activating, my own memories and feelings to account for in addition to irrationally feeling somehow responsible for everyone else's. One member shared about an assault that occured last year and I was super proud they did; they'd kept that to themselves, therapist and me. Unfortunately the cost of disclosing was reliving it and they needed extra care and attention due to PTSD flashbacks. 

Went out for coffee and socialized with group members. Did some shopping and shoved a sandwich in my face before talking on a video call with a peer from my Ketamine group. Then I worked on my grad school application letter until 2:30am. It's 3/4 done, needs editing and ya know what, I kinda dig it. 

5 hours ago, Atra said:

Facilitated depression/bipolar support group, moderately large turn-out though I was anticipating even more. Of course, my depression-mind is eager to assign meaning to this: I suck at facilitating, they're avoiding me. Ridiculous, narcissistic even. 🤷‍♂️

A couple of our group attendees were hospitalized this week for trying to end their lives. Hearing people share about that is activating, my own memories and feelings to account for in addition to irrationally feeling somehow responsible for everyone else's. One member shared about an assault that occured last year and I was super proud they did; they'd kept that to themselves, therapist and me. Unfortunately the cost of disclosing was reliving it and they needed extra care and attention due to PTSD flashbacks. 

Went out for coffee and socialized with group members. Did some shopping and shoved a sandwich in my face before talking on a video call with a peer from my Ketamine group. Then I worked on my grad school application letter until 2:30am. It's 3/4 done, needs editing and ya know what, I kinda dig it. 

@Atra I would like to say Bravo! For being a facilitator :Coopclapping:

I have a peer support group I attend once a week. We meet in the Mental Health building. We take turns facilitating but not obligated to if we don't want too. I've found the best part is right in the same building is the walk- in Emergency where there's a department for one to access an emergency mental health therapists. 

So whenever one of us is triggered or having a difficult time we can be seen by a qualified therapist to get the help we need right away.

We also go for coffee afterwards 😊

It's my birthday and my wish is to do absolutely nothing at all today 🙂  Just staying home and relaxing.  This afternoon my parents are treating me to dinner and I've decided we'll just order in.  I'll probably use DoorDash to get some burgers or maybe some tacos.  Oh my parents got me a new printer, which is awesome as my last one broke years ago and I never got around to buying a new one.  

4 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

It's my birthday and my wish is to do absolutely nothing at all today 🙂  Just staying home and relaxing.  This afternoon my parents are treating me to dinner and I've decided we'll just order in.  I'll probably use DoorDash to get some burgers or maybe some tacos.  Oh my parents got me a new printer, which is awesome as my last one broke years ago and I never got around to buying a new one.  

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy the burgers and/or tacos. Why not both? 🙂

I got woken up at 4:30 am to my husband hopping down the stairs with Etta in tow because she threw up on my comforter. I had to take her out in the dark but she did her business quickly and went back to bed. Of course I couldn't, so I was with the sun. I dropped my husband at the bus stop, and then resolved to get more sleep in. It took a while but I finally got a few more hours. Since then, I've taken Etta on a couple more potty breaks and now I feel like I relax as she seems to be back to her normal self for the first time in days (I spare you the details of all her tummy troubles). Her Bark Box actually came in the mail today, so we'll make a video of her getting her new toys when my husband gets off work this evening. I have a mild stomach ache, so I hope that resolves it itself tonight too.

4 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

Happy Birthday!:birfdayCake:

.....It was my birthday yesterday.. and all I did was nothing as well....... 

17 hours ago, shio said:

@Atra I would like to say Bravo! For being a facilitator :Coopclapping:

I have a peer support group I attend once a week. We meet in the Mental Health building. We take turns facilitating but not obligated to if we don't want too. I've found the best part is right in the same building is the walk- in Emergency where there's a department for one to access an emergency mental health therapists. 

So whenever one of us is triggered or having a difficult time we can be seen by a qualified therapist to get the help we need right away.

We also go for coffee afterwards 😊

Thank you @shio! And brava to you for your participation in group and for facilitating if and when you can. The group I belong to has been an important support for me, a leg on the self-care chair that keeps me upright. Running groups is often a challenge and eats up my free time. Yet my involvement has been rewarding, too. Ties to a community in my city, a sense of sharing a purpose - this helps prevent me from backsliding into that sunken place. 

And I think it's fantastic that you have access to therapists where you meet! We meet at a hospital that has psychiatric emergency services but how wonderful it would be if there was also counseling available for our group members who sometimes need extra attention. 

Thank you for letting me know about your participation in a support group and I appreciate the details about how and where it is run. Please message me if you're ever keen to share knowledge about peer groups. 🙂

Pizza, hot wings, salad and donuts with bestie and mom this afternoon. Nobody needed dinner after such a lunch. I favored the mushroom pizza because pepperoni plus hot wings invites a digestive crisis. 

Lent my ear and shoulder to my pal who's sadly enduring an emotionally abusive divorce. When I got home I finished writing the letter for my school application and sent it to my career coach. Somehow, my comments never were saved and are lost (thanks google docs) but that's not a big deal. 

Took a 2 hour call from my friend who is struggling with severe trauma from an assault last year and they are not coping well; dissociation, nightmares and flashbacks. That is not something I can make go away, it will require a lot more than a friend. But light conversation while sharing a laugh now and then plus some encouragement was sufficient for now. Wishing them some peace tonight and hoping they'll benefit from compassion in support group tomorrow..