Hello,

I'm not very good at making introductions  very well or even conversing with others in general  so I apologize  if this isn't the greatest introduction. I've  been on this fourm a very long time ago when I was in my teens I think  so I know about the place quit a bit. I don't  remember my username on here though I know I've  been here before.  I'm  extremely shy and tend to stay to myself mostly so I might not talk much to people on here unless I feel comfortable or want to. I wanted to try and join to socialize with others since I only have my family for support. For more information about me I rather not share at this time but If I feel more comfortable then I might more. I'm  not sure what else to say so I'll  keep it short thank you for listening. 

I just wanted to add I'm  in a extremely good place in my life right now and overcame  a lot of hard things in my life. However I still struggle at times every now and then but over all doing extremely wonderful. My relationships with people other than my family  and help team is  really not good. I have no friends more or less. The reason why I joined like I said is to try and socialize  more since I have major trust  issues still and suffer from bad social and regular  anxiety. I've been hurt beyond badly by people online and in person but deep down I still hope or hoped in meeting the right people that are good. I am very shy and cautious still  so again I might not talk too much to others right away unless I want too and feel comfortable around the person. So I apologize if that's bad. That's all I like to add to my introduction so again thank you for listening.  

Welcome Tac Tac,

Hope coming here can help relieve some of your issues.  There are plenty of people here with problems like yours, social anxiety, inability to make friends.  If and when you feel like saying some more specific things that trigger your anxiousness, or may be reasons for your reactions, I'm sure people will respond to them.  If you just want to rant or cry about how things are going, that's welcome too.

Have you ever spoken with a counselor or therapist?

Bulgakov

@Bulgakov 

I'm  currently  not seeing a therapist at this time due to me not being ready from a lot of failed one's in my past. To be honest only one out of 5 I've seen over the years has been a really great fit  for me and helped  me over come so much but sadly she had to leave due to a family matter and I was looking for a new one again. I'm  content with my family being there for me which they help a lot and support me but it  will be a while longer till I decide if I need one again. To be honest I lost faith  in them due to none of them but one I said truly helping me with my problems and helping me get through it and become better more with coping techniques and so on. The very last one I tried after the one I liked she made it extremely bad between my family and I and she messed me up even more. But I'm  doing much better now and right now doing wonderful  with not talking to anyone.

I've  been  doing a lot to get myself well and healthy and things are improving tremendously  for me so I'm  in a good place right now. 

3 hours ago, Tactac286 said:

I've been hurt beyond badly by people online and in person but deep down I still hope or hoped in meeting the right people that are good. I am very shy and cautious still  so again I might not talk too much to others right away unless I want too and feel comfortable around the person. So I apologize if that's bad.

Welcome back to the forums. Nothing you do is bad. I perfectly understand how you feel. I wait until I feel very comfortable before I talk to anyone, mainly just answering the person's questions and agreeing with the person.  With meds and counseling, I'm doing better but still it takes me a while before I really open up to anyone.  There are many good people here who have helped me with what they have posted. When you feel comfortable, please post until then read what others have posted.

I, too, welcome you back! Many of us find it hard to have close friends yet I have found this site to be very supportive and helpful. We are here to support you as best we can. We understand depression and anxiety and the hardship of living with it.

Hope you keep coming back, reading, and posting.

BW

Hi Tactac,

It's nice to meet you.  I also want to welcome you here.  Perhaps I read your posts when you were here before.   I've been around here since 2012.  I've met so many wonderful people here over the years.  I hope you will have good experiences here, like I have.

- epictetus