20YearsandCounting

Natasha1's "How Is Your Weather Today?" #19

How is the weather where you're at?  What do you think about it?  How does it affect you? 

Let us know! 

On 8/27/2019 at 9:19 PM, Epictetus said:

I left Albuquerque where it was hot and dry and took the train to Chicago where it was hot and wet and humid and now I am back in Albuquerque where it is hot and dry.  By the way . . . the air conditioning on the train could have been better too!  Not that I'm complaining.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, evalynn said:

Now they're calling Dorian a hurricane, a category 3. It's supposed to hit the east coast of Florida this weekend. I'm seriously thinking of just spending the weekend at my dad's, since he has a generator and he has the whole house to himself since my sister is out of state. I'll have to decide as it gets closer. 

On 8/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, evalynn said:

Ok, so maybe my sister meant it's supposed to become a category 3 because I swear the weather lady on TV just said category 1. Still I should get bottled water, canned food, batteries and gas. When Irma was coming, we waited til the last minute and the batteries at Costco were all gone and the lines inside and at the gas station were horrendous. 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:39 PM, AloneGuy said:

It's a clear night here and 70 F under a waning crescent moon 🌘 

@evalynn I hope Dorian sputters out before it reaches you guys!   

Still good.👍🏽

As a matter fact --and please, don't let me jinx this 🤞🏽-- since last night, my county is completely out of Dorian's path! It seems to be heading up the eastern shore, so I hope that everyone in the Bahamas, Eastern Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas is prepared and safe! My thoughts are with you. 🙂 

Edited by evalynn

1 hour ago, Tactac286 said:

Sunny but warm and humid. 

Same. I wanted to go for a walk later but I'll turn into a sweaty mess if I do. I don't mind sweating when I'm alone, but if I'm outside, all of these people will think I'm some kind of freak* as I walk by with sweat streaming down my face and wearing a soaked shirt.

-----------

*Well, I am a freak so they would be correct in their assessment.

Edited by JD4010

@JD4010

I walk early  in the morning's  every day since the heat where I reside can get pretty bad in the summer time. In a way it works out to walk earlier as possible to be somewhat decent out and enjoy being outdoors. I'm excited for Autumn to come soon so I can walk and be out more. 

1 minute ago, Tactac286 said:

@JD4010

I walk early  in the morning's  every day since the heat where I reside can get pretty bad in the summer time. In a way it works out to walk earlier as possible to be somewhat decent out and enjoy being outdoors. I'm excited for Autumn to come soon so I can walk and be out more. 

Yeah, I am looking forward to autumn as well. I can walk around in shorts and T-shirt when it's 32F/0C outside. I am built for the cold, not heat.

Just now, Tactac286 said:

@JD4010

I think  the perfect temp for me is 70 to 65F to walk and be out in. Too much heat for me affects me pretty bad however the cold I'm  used too for the most part. 

I'll even have my windows open on a 32F day. One benefit of that is the cats will snuggle up close to me when it's cold. 🙂 I think of them as portable biological heating devices.

2 minutes ago, Tactac286 said:

@JD4010

My cat radiates extrem heat all the time when next or laying on me. (o,.,o) It's nice sometimes..  (>,.,>) I hope my sister and I can open our windows in our place soon so we can breath in fresh air and our cats can enjoy it as well. 

I think I will have to use the air conditioner when I go to bed later. Otherwise I won't sleep. And I'll need a fan blowing on me full blast at the same time.

The (window) air conditioner sounds like a B-29 taking off but the cool air outweighs the loudness.

My two kitties make life worthwhile for me.

5 hours ago, Tactac286 said:

@JD4010

I walk every morning.  From now until mid November will be great walking weather.  I will keep walking until the snow gets here.

@sober4life 

It's a huge thanks to my mother I got more into walking that I truly enjoy it now and don't think of it as exercise. However I do walk as well to exercise and stay fit but when I walk I don't think of that to be honest anymore. I just get out there take my time and enjoy nature and being outdoors. Walking is something I really enjoy and love doing now and I'm excited for the Autumn season since I'll be walking more and be outdoors longer as well. Or at least try too, heh.  I walk 1 mile each day or try my best too.

It's wonderful you  and other people walk everyday like myself that's really awesome, so good for you~! My mother only said for me too try to do it to get out for my mental health and body sake since I was struggling extremely badly I have to admit at the time and was very sad as well. My mother was 1000% right it improved my mental state tremendously and made me feel wonderful, healthy and truly well again. Also it is  true I lost and are still losing weight ( slowly ) ever since I started walking in March this year. Which I'm extremely beyond words proud of myself and just amazed by it. Doing this form of exercise and I get great results still.

I just have to get my workout routine started again soon since I haven't done it in a long while. However I still get exercise from walking regardless if I don't do or haven't been. Sometimes a break is alright at least for me it is. With Autumn on it's way I'll do my best to workout once again and as always continue walking till the Winter season. 

@Tactac286I enjoy walking.  I don't think of it as exercise either.  I walk every morning and use that time to think over what I'm going to do that day and the rest of the week.  It gives me a chance to think things over instead of rushing into things like my mind always wants me to do.  I started walking when I was 21.  I met my best friend I've ever had while I was homeless.  The first day this man took me under his wing and helped me through an impossible time in my life.  Neither one of us had a car so we walked because we had to walk but as both of our situations improved and we got money for the bus and cars of our own we still chose to walk anyway because by that time we enjoyed it.  I've been walking ever since.  It is exercise but not strenuous exercise.  It helps your mental state more.

20 hours ago, evalynn said:

Hopefully it fizzles out by the time it gets to Virginia. 

Looks like we might get some rain and tropical force winds, but it can still go anywhere. 

Most of the teaching/childcare staff where I work are hoping we will not be open. 

Today was very warm and humid, looking forward to cool temps but not the storm