What Are You Eating? #3

Farmer John took my bacon

I've mentioned that two of my favorite market brands are "ends and pieces" and "reduced for quick sale."  For a couple of years I've been going to a Albertson's--big chain grocery--and getting excellent bacon ends and pieces produced and packaged at the store.  Over the time, popularity grew, and they increased the amount of their ends and pieces packages. 

Yesterday I saw that Albertson's scrap bacon was gone,  and new Farmer John brand packaged ends and pieces had taken their place.  I don't know if that's good or bad, and didn't check the price of the branded bacon.  It struck me though, that I've seem Farmer bacon everywhere I've traveled in the U.S., and this is the first time I've seen them pack and offer ends and pieces.  Regular packaged bacon is stupid expensive, and the cheaper brands cut strips so thin you could papier mache' with them. 

Bulgakov

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A frozen pizza that cost 8.50 and has no flavor. Can someone tell me what the high price is for. Home cooking is the only way to get good food. And sit down expensive restuarants but who can afford that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...