Sweet n Tart - roasted almonds, raisins, pistachio, dried cranberries and dried sour cherries 

I love this mix  very yummy

On 3/19/2020 at 5:38 AM, Atra said:

Brilliant idea and I suppose I could ask whomever answers to surveil the cookie isle. Maybe hide a bag behind some item nobody is likely to over buy. Whey protein perhaps?

Good idea 💡 

This sandwich was not just delicious discovery, it was a sort of food awakening. There are yummy treats like this that I still haven't discovered so I must survive! Today I got emotional over a sandwich, I'm a nutjob you know. And although you didn't pick me, I'm on your team anyway! :mad1:

Smoked peppered turkey, spicy cranberry sauce, muenster, bacon, tomatoes, red onion, pickles, pickled jalapeno and spinach on dutch crunch.

Made Bison burgers on the grill last night. Washed them down with a nice Pinot Noir.

I don't know what the big deal is about Bison meat. It's ok but I'd rather have cleaner hamburg, like 90/10 and not take all the fat calorie hit. Bison was 80/20. At least it was organic, all natural, blah, blah...

17 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Me too!  My gal makes me one every few months if we can find the rhubarb.

@In2deep4me lucky!!! Nothing beats homemade strawberry rhubarb pie:happy: Mine was store bought and to be truthful i ate the filling with the top crust only. The rest of the pie was too crusty, if that makes sense. 

Has your gal tried frozen rhubarb? It's not the same as fresh but gets you by in a pinch

7 hours ago, shio said:

@In2deep4me lucky!!! Nothing beats homemade strawberry rhubarb pie:happy: Mine was store bought and to be truthful i ate the filling with the top crust only. The rest of the pie was too crusty, if that makes sense. 

Has your gal tried frozen rhubarb? It's not the same as fresh but gets you by in a pinch

It's always been my favorite pie. Yes I understand dried out crust. I don't do store bought pies often.

When we can find it and it looks good we buy a bunch. I wash it, cut it, bag it, and throw it in our extra freezer for when it's pie time! 😉  She hasn't done fresh rhubarb strawberry pie for a long time.

The grocery stores around here most people don't know what rhubard is. Most of the people at checkout ask. And want to know what we do with it. The people who maintain the produce section let it get pretty nasty before someone realizes it died...

I cooked a quart of taco meat for use in taco salads all week. I'm critical of most restaurant taco salads - it ain't a salad IMO if lettuce is the only real veggie. At home, I make a healthy 5 veggie garden salad. And then I dump a ton of unhealthy tortilla chips and cheese on it and cover it all with salsa. 🤤

14 hours ago, evalynn said:

@Atra recipe please?

Sure.

Salad: chopped romain lettuce, grape tomatoes (the sweetest you can find, often orange), red onion, cucumber, carrot, shredded sharp cheddar, black beans and tortilla chips. 

Meat: 1.5 pounds ground chuck, 85/15 and .5 pounds ground turkey breast. I use a pre-mixed taco seasoning for simplicity and because it contains a corn starch that really helps seasonings stick to the protein. You'll have lots of leftovers yay!

Salsa: essentially used as the salad dressing and to add heat. You could make your own but there are plenty of good premade options. Taco sauce also works.