20YearsandCounting

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 3

49 minutes ago, evalynn said:

Grasshoppers fly?! I saw a grasshopper--I think-- just chilling on the wood bannister on the walkway in the park and as I about to study it, it flew away like a rocket! 

I just googled it and it said most grasshoppers have wings and can fly well.  I never knew they could fly either.

Some large wolf spiders have been moving into the garage the past few days, no doubt due to the cold weather (I think you mentioned that one time @sober4life).  I nearly stepped on one at the foot of the stairs.   A couple will make it into the house I'm sure.  I don't mind them but they really are kinda creepy.  After researching photos online I realized that what I had been calling wolf spiders for years are actually not wolf spiders.  But the ones in the garage definitely are...they look like 3 inch tarantulas, they're huge.    

41 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

Some large wolf spiders have been moving into the garage the past few days, no doubt due to the cold weather (I think you mentioned that one time @sober4life).  I nearly stepped on one at the foot of the stairs.   A couple will make it into the house I'm sure.  I don't mind them but they really are kinda creepy.  After researching photos online I realized that what I had been calling wolf spiders for years are actually not wolf spiders.  But the ones in the garage definitely are...they look like 3 inch tarantulas, they're huge.    

In my old house there were very big spiders sometimes ever bit the size of my wallet.  The one I saw recently here was hanging out on the side of the house right beside the vent to the dryer.  The latch won't stay open unless I use a clothes pin.  I almost grabbed the spider.

I think it's terrible having dogs outside.  I feel sorry for them.  It's almost dark and the neighbor dogs are still begging to be fed and then the winter will come and they will have to live an outside life most people wouldn't survive.  It makes me angry!

I just love coming home after a long day and turning on the tv to see blood and guts. NOT! What a sick world with sick puppet masters that are allowed to put this crap on television. Bring back the love bring back the passion bring back Melrose place and little house on the prairie. Ewww 

While hiking a trail in the woods, I observed how people I encountered seem nicer than in other environments. More eager to offer help, initiate and make conversation. At very least smile and greet me whilst passing by. 

Except if they're jogging or riding mountain bikes, then they sort of just zoom by. 

I wonder if it's the natural surroundings that foster that kindness and connection or if people who choose to spend time walking in the woods are just a little kinder than others?

In healthy relationships, people give each other s p a c e.

text 🗨️ wait an hour then text again 

get upset I won't share my daily schedule

get upset I don't want you to join me in every activity

ask if I'm jealous you went on a date

ask if I was afraid that you might drama-bomb the support group

We have a lot to discuss when I see her tomorrow, regarding bulldozing of boundaries and what it means to be a partner vs. a hostage.

Attraction and desire will cloud the mind, I got to stay mindful. Within me there are emotions equally as strong to draw upon - anger, fear, disgust - if I'm about to turn into a lump of jelly squirming on a spoon, begging to be slurped.  

My refrigerator quit working 4 times now.  It happens on warmer days like today.  This is the last warm day.  More than likely it shuts itself off when it gets too hot like the sweepers they have now.  It probably will keep going to a point until the motor finally blows up.  I should have gotten a new refrigerator the first time it quit but my stubborness will be my downfall in this life.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

My refrigerator quit working 4 times now.  It happens on warmer days like today.  This is the last warm day.  More than likely it shuts itself off when it gets too hot like the sweepers they have now.  It probably will keep going to a point until the motor finally blows up.  I should have gotten a new refrigerator the first time it quit but my stubborness will be my downfall in this life.

It might save you if you use it right.

Trying to manage my responsibilities properly and take care of my health.  Not wanting to get a new laptop but mine's OS is obsolete and I was offered a decent deal on a new one today. 

Slipped up at my job last week but managed to correct it.  Got my head around a few things today. 

Trying to be more talkative with people.  Glad that I helped the client with some math today.  Had to google a few things.  Having a boss that is a jerk makes me not want to be.  Hell, I was raised by a guy who did tasks that some would consider beneath his station. 

I looked back at past months on my calendar, month-view displaying the number of events one each day but not specifics. I noticed how in recent months my days are much busier, I'm more scheduled than earlier in the year. I've met new people been spending time doing things with them. Volunteering. That's good I suppose. Still not earning no money though.