20YearsandCounting

TA's "What's On Your Mind Right Now?" Thread, Part 3

Tungsten Aromatic's (TA's) thread about what is on your mind.... anything at all, within ToS that is....

On 8/25/2019 at 10:33 AM, watalife said:

I was thinking of someone this morning wondering what had happened.  And as soon I opened the blinds he showed up. What a wonderful thing. 😄

On 8/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, nojoy said:

How everyone is doing and hoping they are having a good day.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, samadhiSheol said:

Even when I do something, for myself, for someone else, at work whatever..

I am just like so what? It doesn’t touch me (the accomplishment, what I have done).

I just feel empty, constantly dissatisfied and disappointed with myself and life in general, whatever anyone says, however many times people think I have achieved something in life (I haven’t, nothing I value anyhow but then again I don’t even know what I value).

It’s not the sentiment of emptiness per se as much as the void sucking the very essence of this husk I am. Realizing the emptiness isn’t really that bad. It’s the pointlessness of everything and the feeling I should be someone else somewhere else doing something else. What though? And where and as whom? I see my life as waste of time, space and energy. For me it IS, whatever anyone says.

Don’t worry, I don’t have clue either what I am about.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:25 AM, watalife said:

The world has no standards anymore. Anything goes and people can do whatever they want and no one cares. This world is not on the right track at all. :blah:  Eat your processed foods and work till your dead and shut up , don't you dare complain.   :sleep_1:

15 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

I just received the syllabus for a fashion runway class I'll be starting in two weeks, and it's going to be brutal. It almost entirely involves collaboration, every other week there's a field trip scheduled, and there are tons and tons of presentations involved. The instructor, who I've had before, is also a little terrifying. As someone with social anxiety, these are the things I most fear I'll have to deal with in any class. Based on what I've read online from those who've taken it, this was supposed to be a 'boring' class. 

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

It used to be I drank coffee just to function but anymore I'm like Beavis a lot.  I can't imagine people still think I'm sober when I barge into rooms and act as intense as Hulk Hogan used to act.

Posted (edited)

Just now, sober4life said:

I bet everyone is going to rush out and get KFC's plant based fried chicken when it comes out right?🙄

I'm waiting for their chicken based  squash, or plant based Soylent Red.

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

1 hour ago, watalife said:

No chicken or beef ☹ I cant live if living is without you 🍗🍔

They won't get rid of chicken or beef.  Restaurants offer healthy choices to protect themselves.  One day someone will say I ate at your restaurant 3 times a day for 30 years and now I'm dying so I'm suing you.  They need to be able to say well we have healthy options here he could have chosen each time.

Posted (edited)

Increased automation is coming to McDonalds. Right thinking people continue to make the case that the worst possible you could do to minimum wage earners would be to give them a raise.  I saw my first indoor kiosk the other day, drop in your change a big mac slud down the chute to you.   Micky Ds will follow the party line and claim that hiring people at their wage is slavery, and that automation will free them to become more than they can possibly be.  They'll offer exit training designed to get a foot in a Dollar Store.   Other fast food retailers will follow, shamed into laying off workers to automation for the greater good, like Micky D's.  Just try not to watch the news after that.

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

Posted (edited)

I do think there is Something Out There..and the concept of "god" isn't it at all. 

Not even close. Perhaps Eternity is in the space between Planck Time/Space.

I don't feel connected, though perhaps what I feel is in fact Connection.

Yes)No, True/False..dichotomies aren't the Universe.

Though they speak volumes as to our skewed point of view.

Edited by samadhiSheol

Posted (edited)

Considering my all-but-wasted week, a couple things so far today.  Congratulated myself on doing a round with the vac.

With Dorian bearing down (ostensibly north of us Sunday evening), the panicked hordes are already descending on my grocery store, fighting for parking spaces and carts...and, yeah, real fights eventually DO break out.  Y'know, good for me that I was apparently able to tap into what little is left of my mental health.  I just walked/drove away from the madness.

Edited by MarkintheDark

4 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

Yes)No, True/False..dichotomies aren't the Universe.

Though they speak volumes as to our skewed point of view.

I like that SS.  We insist on living in a black and white reality, it's easier.  But reality is always gray, and that's where we really live, like it or not.  That's why it's easy to go crazy. 

Bulga

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I'm very worried about you @MarkintheDarkand @evalynnIt says it might be a category 4 now when it gets to Florida!

TY sober. :hearts:  I can't speak for @evalynn, but I'm not terribly worried for myself for a number of reasons [digging out old amateur meteorologist's cap]:

Projected path takes center of circulation well north of me, which puts me opposite the wet side and considerably less subject to flooding storm surge ahead of the storm.  Wilma in 2005 was a direct hit from the west, Irma in 2017 was a virtually direct hit from the SSW.  And I live half a mile from any coastal evac area.  I'll also add that once it goes north of my latitude, I usually exhale.

Those on the coast near or north of landfall will have the worst problems.

My concern is a/c if the electricity goes.  That causes health issues for me.

And, remember how we've so often talked about the "benefit" of our disease is that we're more inclined to be calm in crises?  That's kinda where I am now, even as people are starting to panic in the grocery store's parking lot.  Some of 'em are acting like the hysterical crowds you'd see in an old Godzilla movie.  (I was gonna go stand in the parking lot and start screaming, "We're all gonna die!" just to see how many would believe me.)

Edited by MarkintheDark

@sober4life @MarkintheDark I'm pretty scared, because 1- This will be my second hurricane ever (first was Irma), and 2- I keep reading headlines saying things like 'This will be a monster storm" and 3- everything scares me. lol I live on Florida's west coast, in the Tampa Bay area, and the forecast keeps changing...yesterday they were predicting a category 4 to hit Monday or even Tuesday...I guess that gives us more time to build up supplies. 

I don't live too close to the water, although it is a beach town. My particular neighborhood is out of the flood zone, so I'm mainly worried about going days without power and tree branches. My dad has a generator, so if I end up going to his place I should be fine. *knocks on wood* My husband isn't very worried at all, and he's lived in Florida for about half his life. 

6 hours ago, evalynn said:

@sober4life @MarkintheDark I'm pretty scared, because 1- This will be my second hurricane ever (first was Irma), and 2- I keep reading headlines saying things like 'This will be a monster storm" and 3- everything scares me.

I understand the anxiety.  idk if I can do anything to alleviate something like that since, for folks like us, it's kinda hard wired.

Though I'm 50 miles south of expected landfall, electricity remains my concern.  No a/c, as happened with Irma, exacerbates my health problems badly...and loss has usually been due to wind.  If your dad has a genny, yes, go for it.  That said, and as Ollie Williams would say, "It gon rain!"  I'm not that familiar with mid-state soakers, but I understand Dorian's gonna linger a while.  Personally, I'd try to avoid the news.

fwiw, too, I'd point out you have family to support you through this.  I don't.  So, one thing that scares me this time is that my besties, my neighbor, just left in his U-Haul early this afternoon.  Normally, we'd be supporting each other thru this.  NEITHER of us was happy about that - yes, there were tears - but circumstances dictated otherwise.