20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #4

I've bought 3-4 kindle books to read this year, but I haven't started any yet.They had the All Souls Trilogy on sale for $1.99 last night, so I might start with those since I enjoyed the first season of the BBC show (called A Discovery of Witches, just like the first book in the trilogy). Sometimes the hardest part is starting the book, but once I start I can't put it down. 

On 1/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, evalynn said:

I've bought 3-4 kindle books to read this year, but I haven't started any yet.They had the All Souls Trilogy on sale for $1.99 last night, so I might start with those since I enjoyed the first season of the BBC show (called A Discovery of Witches, just like the first book in the trilogy). Sometimes the hardest part is starting the book, but once I start I can't put it down. 

That's like me.  I get all amped up and go on a shopping spree.  I have to have this.  I have to have that.  Then I come home and crash and wonder why I got any of it.

We have been witnessing weird stuff at work during the past six months or so(weird as in something else than me haha and possibly supernatural!).

I won't go into details as to where I work as I am paranoid most of the time( and someone might figure out who I am), but the place I work at is a restricted area and I am pretty much in the know as to who comes there and when.

Stuff has gone missing and mysteriously found somewhere else, if even found anymore. Recently we have been hearing strange noises in a certain area of the facility, a knocking or banging. Now it could be the ventilation system but the sound is in the wrong direction and sounds..well..wrong. 

In another part of the facility a few of my collegues and I have felt a presence when there is no one else around.

It could be my/our imagination playing tricks on us. But who knows?  Perhaps the facility was built on an ancient burial ground. Haha.

@samadhiSheol  That's really interesting.  You know paranormal investigators are a dime a dozen these days, might be kinda cool to see what they'd come up with there.  Maybe even make it onto one of the many ghost hunter shows haha.  Or maybe take things into your own hands and try some EVP sessions with a voice recorder or something haha.  I actually believe in that kind of stuff (hauntings, etc), although like 90% of the time there's a more mundane explanation...there's still that 10% 🙂  

I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life.  I suppose the only ones I can trust are the ones where other people were there.  I'm ok with believing in ghosts if the people can choose when they appear and then go back to an after life.  The last thing I want is for a spirit to be stuck in a house and can't escape and they live eternity there between life and heaven.  I don't even want to be here.  The idea of being stuck here forever sounds terrible!

I saw a UFO once.  My uncle was a pilot and taught me how to fly and I know quite a bit about aviation, aerodynamics and such, so I don't think of myself as a "kook."  I saw an aircraft going very, very fast and coming to a complete stop midair and making 45 degree "L" turns.   It was flying in a huge rectangular pattern.  This was in the 1970's.  My parents saw it too and told me it was just an airplane.  I told them that I didn't know of any aircraft that could go that fast, stop and make "L" turns. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life.  I suppose the only ones I can trust are the ones where other people were there.  I'm ok with believing in ghosts if the people can choose when they appear and then go back to an after life.  The last thing I want is for a spirit to be stuck in a house and can't escape and they live eternity there between life and heaven.  I don't even want to be here.  The idea of being stuck here forever sounds terrible!

I think that the ghosts that appear to be trapped in this world are actually "residual hauntings".  Like leftover energy tied to the place where the person spent most of their lives.  I think their actual conscious souls have gone off into the afterlife.  But in hauntings where spirits actually try to communicate or interact with the living, I believe those to be conscious souls that for whatever reason haven't "moved on" yet, or have come back for a specific reason (like to comfort a loved one, or to warn them of something).  And then I also believe in non-human spirits like angels, demons, nature spirits, and animal spirits.  👻🙂 

Edited by AloneGuy

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

I think that the ghosts that appear to be trapped in this world are actually "residual hauntings".  Like leftover energy tied to the place where the person spent most of their lives.  I think their actual conscious souls have gone off into the afterlife.  But in hauntings where spirits actually try to communicate or interact with the living, I believe those to be conscious souls that for whatever reason haven't "moved on" yet, or have come back for a specific reason (like to comfort a loved one, or to warn them of something).  And then I also believe in non-human spirits like angels, demons, nature spirits, and animal spirits.  👻🙂 

I tend to think in terms of "archetypes" as in Jung. In fact a lot of the crap I write on df is Jung-inspired. Haha. But Ghosts, paranormal..I don't think it's really a case of real or unreal as in objective being/nonbeing.

I think some of us are either wired to be..more perceptive for lack of a better expression, or at certain times in our lives, or even in certain states of mind, more prone to "the supernatural", whatever it is.

It does seem weird though, that people have similar experiences in a certain places without knowing about one another.

Nothing new to report, btw. I think our resident ghost is shy. we have had a lot of people recently where I work.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:00 PM, sober4life said:

I've had a few experiences myself. I have been "assaulted" by a ghost once( this could be a case of sleep paralysis though, but go figure, other people had reported weird stuff happening in the vicinity, not that I knew at the time), some mild poltergeist-y stuff happening when i was a young adult (light bulbs exploding in my proximity, electric appliances not working properly etc) too.

But most of the times i feel like a ghost myself.

Edited by samadhiSheol

On 1/8/2020 at 7:04 AM, Epictetus said:

I saw a UFO once.  My uncle was a pilot and taught me how to fly and I know quite a bit about aviation, aerodynamics and such, so I don't think of myself as a "kook."  I saw an aircraft going very, very fast and coming to a complete stop midair and making 45 degree "L" turns.   It was flying in a huge rectangular pattern.  This was in the 1970's.  My parents saw it too and told me it was just an airplane.  I told them that I didn't know of any aircraft that could go that fast, stop and make "L" turns. 

No idea what ufo's could be, but there seems to be way too many observations like yours to be dismissed as either a vivid imagination or a "misinterpretation" of a sort.

18 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

I tend to think in terms of "archetypes" as in Jung. In fact a lot of the crap I write on df is Jung-inspired. Haha. But Ghosts, paranormal..I don't think it's really a case of real or unreal as in objective being/nonbeing.

I think some of us are either wired to be..more perceptive for lack of a better expression, or at certain times in our lives, or even in certain states of mind, more prone to "the supernatural", whatever it is.

It does seem weird though, that people have similar experiences in a certain places without knowing about one another.

Nothing new to report, btw. I think our resident ghost is shy. we have had a lot of people recently where I work.

I've had a few experiences myself. I have been "assaulted" by a ghost once( this could be a case of sleep paralysis though, but go figure, other people had reported weird stuff happening in the vicinity, not that I knew at the time), some mild poltergeist-y stuff happening when i was a young adult (light bulbs exploding in my proximity, electric appliances not working properly etc) too.

But most of the times i feel like a ghost myself.

As far as ghosts go I saw mom's ghost and grandpa's ghost.  They were both comforting situations.  As far as poltergeist situations go the house I grew up in was absolutely haunted.  Mom, my brother and I all went through very terrifying situations.  Don't want to discuss further.

I never would've considered myself a bird watcher, but we have so many exotic and interesting birds around here that I see in the parks by my house. Black ones with neon red-orange beaks, ospreys and peacocks that just chill in the street or in my backyard, big gray ones, that mysterious black fuzzy one I've yet to identify online, and I've even seen parakeets flying around downtown St Pete that someone must've let loose.

And speaking of wildlife, there was a monkey who used to wander loose around Tampa Bay who even had his own Facebook page chronicling the sightings of him. Eventually he was caught and now he lives in a reserve somewhere. 

Tomorrow I'm going to PetSmart to look at the kitties up for adoption!  I was looking online and they currently have 4 at that location.  Two of them in particular have caught my eye but I'd like to meet them all before deciding (I'll only be adopting one cat but believe me I'd adopt more if I could).  There's another shelter that I may visit as well, but PetSmart is closer so I'll go there first.  Apparently both places work together with adoptions anyway.    

I've already bought all the necessary supplies, toys, etc (I'm not reusing any of Sissy's stuff as they were special to her and are packed away, and some of her toys are on her memorial altar).  And I bought a cat tree from Amazon last week that I finally put together today.  It wasn't as hard to assemble as I thought it would be.  When I was ordering it took me forever (hours!) to decide on which one to get, and I studied and compared all the reviews and dimensions haha.  I went with a shorter but wider one that specifically said it was for large cats, as many of the other cat trees have platforms and houses that are just too small for even an average size cat. 

So anyway I'm very excited about tomorrow and hope to welcome a new cat into my life!  😺     

18 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

Tomorrow I'm going to PetSmart to look at the kitties up for adoption!  I was looking online and they currently have 4 at that location.  Two of them in particular have caught my eye but I'd like to meet them all before deciding (I'll only be adopting one cat but believe me I'd adopt more if I could).  There's another shelter that I may visit as well, but PetSmart is closer so I'll go there first.  Apparently both places work together with adoptions anyway.    

I've already bought all the necessary supplies, toys, etc (I'm not reusing any of Sissy's stuff as they were special to her and are packed away, and some of her toys are on her memorial altar).  And I bought a cat tree from Amazon last week that I finally put together today.  It wasn't as hard to assemble as I thought it would be.  When I was ordering it took me forever (hours!) to decide on which one to get, and I studied and compared all the reviews and dimensions haha.  I went with a shorter but wider one that specifically said it was for large cats, as many of the other cat trees have platforms and houses that are just too small for even an average size cat. 

So anyway I'm very excited about tomorrow and hope to welcome a new cat into my life!  😺     

That sounds wonderful!  I need to get a pet myself.  Mostly depression is taking away the pet from me saying I'm not good enough and don't deserve a pet.  Blah blah blah.  I love animals.  It's time for me as well.  A dog would love it here.

21 minutes ago, sober4life said:

That sounds wonderful!  I need to get a pet myself.  Mostly depression is taking away the pet from me saying I'm not good enough and don't deserve a pet.  Blah blah blah.  I love animals.  It's time for me as well.  A dog would love it here.

Thanks!  Yeah depression will say that.  You know when Sissy passed I went into a bad depression and had similar thoughts like "I have no business owning a pet anyway I can barely care for myself", but it isn't true...not for me or for you, or anyone.  Pets can greatly help with mental illness and I'm proof of that.  Yeah you love animals and I think you should really consider getting one.  A dog would love to go with you on your walks 🙂   It's a great thing to share your life with an animal friend.  And you know what's cool?  They never judge or criticize or think you're not good enough.  I really do hope you get a pet Sober 🙂 

Announcements