20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #4

The woman I'm dating, she done messed up. Again. She apologized for the manipulative texts she sent and yet, I dunno... I don't like being treated like I'm a mood stabilizer.

I think I'm realizing if she doesn't get me by now ain't gonna get me in another 4 months. Ugh. But I hate holiday-time break-ups, you know? 

12 days till Christmas 🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁🎅🍭🎄🎁 ...

I got to find the time to make 8 quarts of my locally famous, 7 pepper chili con carne recipe. When it gets cold, I want hearty and spicy food but I need somebody to help me slice and dice the ingredients. Just need another set of hands. 

I need to make a list of the Christmas movies I haven't watched yet and get them in this week. I found the Smurfs Christmas special on Youtube and I bet they have some other old ones I've forgotten on there too. 🙂

35 minutes ago, evalynn said:

I need to make a list of the Christmas movies I haven't watched yet and get them in this week. I found the Smurfs Christmas special on Youtube and I bet they have some other old ones I've forgotten on there too. 🙂

what about the new christmas romance movie that is out? 😊

2 minutes ago, hocico said:

what about the new christmas romance movie that is out? 😊

The one written by Emma Thompson? I was planning to see that, but I haven't gotten to it. Or are you thinking of another one? 

Also, one time I started reading Dickens' A Christmas Carol but I never finished it. 

7 minutes ago, evalynn said:

The one written by Emma Thompson? I was planning to see that, but I haven't gotten to it. Or are you thinking of another one? 

Also, one time I started reading Dickens' A Christmas Carol but I never finished it. 

If it's the one where the lady spends her working hours as an elf (her costume needs more bells tho..) and they go ice skating 😊

Oddly enough that was the last christmas movie I saw.. 

Just sat watching Frankenstein at the moment 😄

But how are you going to get a brain?

*Baron Frankenstein pushes professor off the balcony*  

This scene reminds me of the Monty Python Elephantoplasty sketch :laugh:

"There just aren't enough accidents and it's time consuming to go out and cause them" 

Edited by hocico

I love animals but I admit it bothers me sitting here at the computer in my bedroom hearing a coyote howling and it bothers me when I take my walks to the lake and every time I can hear a big animal following me from the woods.  There are many dangerous animals out here.

Yeah, I just saw a raccoon at the garbage bins and instead of running away it just stared me down. I said "shoo!" and it just looked at me. Finally it took it's time walking away. I'm never going out there at night again.

9 minutes ago, evalynn said:

Yeah, I just saw a raccoon at the garbage bins and instead of running away it just stared me down. I said "shoo!" and it just looked at me. Finally it took it's time walking away. I'm never going out there at night again.

A lot of the time raccoons travel in packs.  I have seen mother's take around their young ones and the whole family will tear up the trash.  Most of the time they will run away but if they are cornered they will attack and they have very sharp claws.

I just threw away cake batter because the butter curdled up and it looked so gross. I don't know why it happened, but then I read that sometimes it happens and it might still work. But honestly it looked disgusting. So now I have to start from scratch with less ingredients and I found a vanilla cake recipe and some leftover cinnamon icing I had in the freezer. So I'm doing that now I guess. If something else goes wrong, I give up.

At least the living room looks decent. I threw all the clutter upstairs and swept the floor. Not going to dust, but I think it looks all right. Kitchen is a disaster but I'll keep everyone out of there tomorrow if I don't have the energy to wipe down the counters. 

Ok, this new batter looks and tastes great! I made a vanilla cake--something I would usually deem "too simple"--but I tend to overcomplicate things unnecessarily... I was just shy of enough butter and I was a little afraid of using applesauce (will it affect the flavor?) so last minute I saw the coconut oil and added two tablespoons of that. I used the Kitchenaid mixture and the batter is so fluffy and beautiful. 😍 It just went in the oven. My frozen cinnamon icing has melted and its a little crunchy looking but it tastes great. I think it'll be ok! Phew!

But note to self: stop waiting until the last minute to do things!

Also, I'm not going to worry about the kitchen. If it looks a mess tomorrow, que será, será.

Now about getting this little doggy to go outside after all the fireworks tonight...

5 hours ago, evalynn said:

But note to self: stop waiting until the last minute to do things!

I think it's commendable to reduce procrastination - and perhaps that's in part a side-effect of perfectionism (well at least in my case, it is). Lets maybe work on that in little bits this year. Yet the same time, you really came through in a pinch with cake version 2.0 and it's got to br good to know you're able to perform brilliantly under pressure. It must feel especially satisfying to prevail after the setback with vanilla cake version 1.0, cursed by curdle. 

6 hours ago, Atra said:

I think it's commendable to reduce procrastination - and perhaps that's in part a side-effect of perfectionism (well at least in my case, it is).

In my case too. I make myself so anxious by trying to do everything perfectly--it makes anything that's even a bit difficult so miserable that I put it off as long as possible.

6 hours ago, Atra said:

Lets maybe work on that in little bits this year. 

You read my mind. I came here to say exactly that. I need to trust myself and the universe more. I worry and worry and for what? 

6 hours ago, Atra said:

Yet the same time, you really came through in a pinch with cake version 2.0 and it's got to br good to know you're able to perform brilliantly under pressure. It must feel especially satisfying to prevail after the setback with vanilla cake version 1.0, cursed by curdle. 

Yes, it does feel good. I live in this constant cycle of worry worry worry and then relief when it turns out all right. It's probably better to just stay cool and calm the whole time. It's good to know I can come through under pressure, but I shouldn't create all this pressure for myself in the first place!

After all that, my dad's friends didn't even come with him so I didn't have to worry about the house being perfectly clean, and the cake was good even if it was wasn't the original flavor I wanted to do. I need to shoot for good enough instead of perfect. 

2020 will be my year to work on this. I need to be more Zen.

Excellent post @evalynnEverything you said I could have posted myself.  I feel exactly the same way.  Me having 2 working refrigerators is a perfect example of how much of a pressure cooker time bomb doing all of this on my own has turned me into.  I'm so worried about everything I need a backup of everything.  What's next 2 stoves, 2 washers, 2 dryers?  I hope we can have some peace this year.