The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

Singulair and inhaler for asthma, claritin D allergy,  vytorin cholesterol,  abilify, trintellix,  trazadone  depression,  prostate med, advil for pain, multi vitamin,  prescription vitamin D, 

Starting to feel like i run a drug store

If I was taking everything they wanted me to take I would be taking 20 pills probably.  I take various vitamins.  That's it.  I don't have any faith in the world anymore and really do I want something that makes it so I have to be here longer?🤣

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

If I was taking everything they wanted me to take I would be taking 20 pills probably.  I take various vitamins.  That's it.  I don't have any faith in the world anymore and really do I want something that makes it so I have to be here longer?🤣

I tried to cover up the truth for 20 years and there's nothing that can cover up the undeniable boringness/ nothingness of life.

Edited by watalife

13 hours ago, watalife said:

I can't stay off the internet. Please send help? Anyone else?

I've been hooked on it since it began and I've never really liked it either.  I just can't get away.

51 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I've been hooked on it since it began and I've never really liked it either.  I just can't get away.

I'm just glad I don't weigh 300lbs yet. Last night my brain zapped after I turned the phone off. I think it was trying to get me back on. 🤣

AA meeting in an hour, will be my first, really only going because therapist, doc and hospital think i should, so I'll go and try to keep an open mind, I'm not talking though, not even sure how it works except for what you see on tv if thats even accurate,  kinda nervous to go though

ok so the AA meeting was ok i guess, really didn't seem to relate though, i mean i can go days or weeks without drinking, most of the people there had not much control over drinking,  i use alcohol as a means to an end but when i do it is usually a lot, and sometimes those binges go on for a while until what's bothering me eases up then i stop, iIDK, does that qualify, i'm not sure, didn't talk any, maybe when i go back  i might ask but i'm sure they'll say yes, what is your thoughts

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

ok so the AA meeting was ok i guess, really didn't seem to relate though, i mean i can go days or weeks without drinking, most of the people there had not much control over drinking,  i use alcohol as a means to an end but when i do it is usually a lot, and sometimes those binges go on for a while until what's bothering me eases up then i stop, iIDK, does that qualify, i'm not sure, didn't talk any, maybe when i go back  i might ask but i'm sure they'll say yes, what is your thoughts

All it is is people in the same room that want to quit drinking.  Everyone has different situations.  I don't like the idea of saying we're powerless or don't have control.  If we are then what hope is there?  What's the point of talking about it if I'm not in control of anything?  I was probably a binge drinker too.  I just did it all the time.  Binges of anything is a big issue.  I mean it scares me that I can go on for a while feeling pretty good and then all of the sudden without any real warning I might need a bunch of something to cope with the day.

5 minutes ago, sober4life said:

All it is is people in the same room that want to quit drinking.  Everyone has different situations.  I don't like the idea of saying we're powerless or don't have control.  If we are then what hope is there?  What's the point of talking about it if I'm not in control of anything?  I was probably a binge drinker too.  I just did it all the time.  Binges of anything is a big issue.  I mean it scares me that I can go on for a while feeling pretty good and then all of the sudden without any real warning I might need a bunch of something to cope with the day.

I say no control over drinking because that was their words. But yes binges of anything can be bad i agree, i may decide to stop for a while, well for now it's the right move, but i may drink socially and see how it goes, i was binging to try and sleep which actually made it worse, now the new meds do that but i know i wont take them forever so, cycle back again when i stop? IDK, we'll see

With my new psoriatic arthritis diagnosis, I have to take a lot more pills. I was already taking a few different pills for my bipolar depression, anxiety, fatigue, and insomnia, but now it's gotten too be a lot more! I have to write it all down in a notebook and cross them off as I go, so I remember to take them all in the right quantities at the right time of day on the right days. 

I do have a multi pill organizer coming in the mail, so that should help out a ton. Just crossing my fingers that my body reacts well to all these medications and that I start feeling better soon. 

I believe I have arthritis as well.  That's all the farther it will go with me.  I'll never get a diagnosis.  I'll never bring it up to a doctor.  What's going on behind the scenes that they're trying to get through when everyone is watching the war?  They're close to decriminalizing marijuana in this country.  I know most people will say what I didn't know that!  One more vote in the senate is all it will take.  Maybe I'll go that route.

Edited by sober4life

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

I believe I have arthritis as well.  That's all the farther it will go with me.  I'll never get a diagnosis.  I'll never bring it up to a doctor.  What's going on behind the scenes that they're trying to get through when everyone is watching the war?  They're close to decriminalizing marijuana in this country.  I know most people will say what I didn't know that!  One more vote in the senate is all it will take.  Maybe I'll go that route.

i'd love to also but past drug addiction in my 20s says i probably shouldn't but hey it's just weed right

31 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

i'd love to also but past drug addiction in my 20s says i probably shouldn't but hey it's just weed right

At some point I need to realize I never stopped using drugs.  I just use the ones they say we're allowed to use and call legal.  

I wish we could choose.  Just imagine what we could accomplish if we could choose what we were addicted to.  It's unlikely that I've ever had a choice or say in anything so far.  I'm just along for whatever ride my mind wants to take me on.  I'm like a leaf flying around in a hurricane.