The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

On 1/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, surfcaster said:

tonight, tonight i am taking my fifth of jack and spending the night sitting on the beach by the waters edge, allowing the ocean to put my mind at peace, while i slip into the void.

well too cold for that plan, oh well.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:32 PM, monicott17 said:

I used to take pride in my work and be extra cautious. Now….meh. I do the bare minimum required of me and I came across a error…which was clearly an careless not paying attention type of error…and I really wasn’t bothered by it. I fixed it of course but in the past, that would have been the type of thing I dwelled on for a good while. 

i get it, sometimes things make you lose focus, don't do it for anyone else take pride in  it for yourself

8 hours ago, surfcaster said:

i get it, sometimes things make you lose focus, don't do it for anyone else take pride in  it for yourself

I get it too. I used to take pride in my appearance but now, many of my clothes are worn out and I do the bare minimum to be presentable. Its so strange how life can do a 180 on you. 

On 1/11/2022 at 7:32 PM, monicott17 said:

I used to take pride in my work and be extra cautious. Now….meh. I do the bare minimum required of me and I came across a error…which was clearly an careless not paying attention type of error…and I really wasn’t bothered by it. I fixed it of course but in the past, that would have been the type of thing I dwelled on for a good while. 

Ugh…today is really bad, this week has been really bad. I think I don’t have a choice at this pont…I have to find a different space in the house to work. It won’t solve all my problems but I think it will refresh me some and maybe motivate me a bit more. My bedroom is just too cold, lonely and depressing. 

As bad as I have been of late…I am not at all behind, in fact I am pretty caught up. Because the workload coming in of late has been less than usual. I don’t have enough to do most days and have to stretch out the work I do have for as long as possible. Not a great feeling and it makes the already long days go by even slower. 

36 minutes ago, watalife said:

Would you talk to someone you strongly dislike if you were bored? Or would you find other ways to prevent being bored? 

The better answer is to find another way to prevent being bored but I can't even do it myself.  I honestly have days where I crave being around the toxic people in my life.  I get these feelings I have to see everyone today.  It's because we're so lonely we can't stand it.  I need to find better people but I never have the strength to find anyone new so I keep going back to the people I know.:ermm:

I know how you feel.  Having anxiety and depression means our brain craves people to feel less depressed but they make us want to run for the hills because of the anxiety.  People have screwed me up big time.  I'm 42 and honestly have no idea how to have a healthy relationship of any kind with anyone.

3 hours ago, watalife said:

I wonder if there are people out there that really enjoy life. We see people everyday but are they really happy or do they feel like we do but hide it better. 

I don't think they feel as bad as us lot but I think that they paint a picture of life being great when its far from it. I think the majority of people are pretending 🤔 

3 hours ago, watalife said:

I wonder if there are people out there that really enjoy life. We see people everyday but are they really happy or do they feel like we do but hide it better. 

good question, i think maybe both

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I don't think they feel as bad as us lot but I think that they paint a picture of life being great when its far from it. I think the majority of people are pretending 🤔 

Everyone is pretending.  They have the mentality of I have to be tough for everyone else even though nobody is really tough.  I found that out the hard way.  When people think you are tough they will say well you take care of everything then.  Nope I tell people how I really feel more often now and surprisingly most people seem to be just as big of a mess as me.

Yeah I watch some playoff games.  The people around here won't be thinking about the storm.  The Bengals won yesterday and they get to watch the Steelers today.  That will be all that's on their minds today.

On 1/15/2022 at 10:48 PM, surfcaster said:

Enjoying the Buffalo bills total annihilation of new england

I live among their fanbase…and lets just say, they are uh, extremely loyal and passionate…as in throwing themselves into card tables for fun. Ans sitting for hours in 6 degree weather to watch them play. Not my thing at all but Buffalo is a super depressing place (and covered in deep snow at the moment) so if it helps the morale of others…than so be it.

You would think these cats would be self sufficient but no not these two. They need there momma all day long. Watcha doing momma, where you going momma, give me some chicken momma, don't go outside momma, I'm still hungry momma, we're bored momma, let's play momma!! Lol

6 hours ago, watalife said:

You would think these cats would be self sufficient but no not these two. They need there momma all day long. Watcha doing momma, where you going momma, give me some chicken momma, don't go outside momma, I'm still hungry momma, we're bored momma, let's play momma!! Lol

Aww, little sweeties 🐈🐈😘

the snow is forcing me to take a rest day, i was on a roll fixing the deck which felt good to be doing something,  the next 10 days is going to be too cold to really do anything,  tried spray painting the bottom of the washer with appliance epoxy, what a mistake that was, you need to spray that crap outside, way more toxic then standard spray paint, really thought i was gonna pass out.

It sounds like me.  I got ceiling paint recently.  I have even admitted to someone you can't tell it needs to be repainted unless you go into the bathroom when it's dark and flash the flashlight up on the ceiling.  Why did I ever do this?  I have no idea really but I have to be doing something all the time.  I have to be convinced I'm always moving forward in some way.  I've never even thought about repainting the washer though.

My male cat is almost 2 years old now and already looks worse than I do, like he's lived a life imprisoned in hell. Could you imagine ruining someone else's life to make yours a little better. What a punch in the gut.  I thought he wanted me to take him home that day from the shelter when was meowing so loudly but he was just wanting out of the cage. 😭 lol

15 hours ago, watalife said:

My male cat is almost 2 years old now and already looks worse than I do, like he's lived a life imprisoned in hell. Could you imagine ruining someone else's life to make yours a little better. What a punch in the gut.  I thought he wanted me to take him home that day from the shelter when was meowing so loudly but he was just wanting out of the cage. 😭 lol

😿

Maybe Jackson Galaxy can help?

I used to have a stray mother cat with a daughter cat. The mother was the most loving cat I've come across, while the daughter snapped at me and threw up all over the floor. I don't know how to modify cat behavior, unfortunately.