The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

22 minutes ago, watalife said:

Does anyone else think coke and Pepsi taste different recently. Not the diet just regular. 

I googled it and got this:

Pepsi, as we know it, is about to change. According to an Economic Times (ET) report, the cola giant announced that it's changing its formulation to be less sweet and more fizzy.  

10 hours ago, watalife said:

@sober4life Dr pepper and mello yello and orange varieties still seem the same but not coke/Pepsi. The taste is weird like a cilantro or something flowery😣 must be dental related

I haven't drank any soda with sugar for probably 10 years.  I did have the same issue you have at the end but I don't know why.  I had numerous health issues and I don't want to speculate what might have caused it and worry you.  I did have dental issues at the end.  It might have been the cause.

6 hours ago, watalife said:

I haven't been sick in a long while and after going to the family gathering now I'm sick. Not bad but annoying enough. Washing hands and not spitting while talking is very helpful in preventing colds. Lol. 🤧

I get sick every time I get together with family.  I'm going to say I just have a cold too.  No I'm not getting tested.  The test was getting two shots and well I've been sick ever since.  It looks like I might have been fooled again.

Lesson all of us need to learn:

Help yourself because no one else will. Everybody else are only interested in leaving us for dead…if they aren't also the ones who kicked us down into the ditch in the first place.

Stop believing that humans are kind, helpful, or altruistic!!!

20 hours ago, watalife said:

Just checked the extended weather forecast and we are not having a winter.

Winter has basically gotten pushed ahead here.  We'll get a bunch of snow in February and March which is better because the temperature through the day will warm up enough to melt a lot of it.

In April of 2020 I bought my first kalimba.  I have four now, all tuned to different keys--C, A, B, and B flat.  Covid had just started and I wanted something to add to my daily life.

Lots of people here go back and forth, needing people in their lives, and hating people--or saying so--in their lives.  For lots of reasons, I live the life posters here wish for sometimes, the life with, really, no friends or family.  I'm as friendly and easy going as you'll find, but I'm not looking for amigos.

Point being, I have no distractions--people or fur--and enjoy playing something, by myself.  The kalimbas are perfect for the pandemic.  One has a solid plank body, so I bought a stick-on pickup and a small amplifier so you could hear it. 

How much time though, have I spent?  How many hours have I entertained myself since April 2020.  I've played a couple of instruments in my life, but like everyone, I started with practicing scales on one kalimba.  The more you play, the more your brain makes connections between thumbs, notes, and melodies.  It's slow going at first.  I figure I've been at it for about 18months.  Except a few days sick, I've played every day anywhere from one to four hours.  I average at least two hours, thumbed out over the day.  

So, averaging to 30 days in a month, times 18 equals 540 days of playing at average of two hours per day, and you get 1080 hours, call it 1000.  That's a thousand hours I didn't spend worrying about myself or others.  The playing takes "me" out of it, and that's the kind of "hobby" you need to help fight depression.  There are still the other twenty or so hours to deal with. 

If I can remember the melody, I can pretty much play most of the songs I can think of now,  with a few minutes prep.  It only took a thousand hours.  I'm  eclectic in my tastes and lately have been playing "Mammy" by Al Jolsen, "He's Not A Rebel" by the Crystals, and "When I Paint My Masterpiece" played by The Band. 

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

The NBA 2K games are that for me.  Do I watch basketball or play basketball or have any idea when the last time I did either one?  No not at all but I play the games a couple hours a day.  I have been for the entire time I've been on my own.  Do that with the radio on at the same time and the bad thoughts go away.

wishing 2022 brings good things and a renewed belief in life and faith in each other,  this world needs a break, we all need to do our part to get along,  but mostly those of us mentally struggling just to see tomorrow really need a break, all you folks are my inspiration to keep fighting.

happy new year my friends

The pain is worse than it's ever been.  I feel like you feel the next day after a bad car accident and for what reason exactly?  The saddest thing is I don't believe I live in a world where it's even safe for me to find out why I'm in pain all the time.

I know I am being judged by loved ones because I have a different point of view on something than the “majority”. They pretend like they care and say they are okay but I know they don’t like my decision and will likely at some point try to force me to change my mind.

I used to be paranoid about what family thought about what I was doing.  The truth is they forget all about me every time I leave their house.  Nobody cares about anything but going after whatever their next urge is.  They would all choose a piece of pumpkin pie over me.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:17 PM, sober4life said:

The pain is worse than it's ever been.  I feel like you feel the next day after a bad car accident and for what reason exactly?  The saddest thing is I don't believe I live in a world where it's even safe for me to find out why I'm in pain all the time.

sorry you're in pain,  but you need to know why, well at least i would want to know if it was me

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

sorry you're in pain,  but you need to know why, well at least i would want to know if it was me

Thank you.  I guess I need to stay in the mindset that this might be temporary to get through these times.  If someone told me this is something that's going to last for the rest of my life my life wouldn't go on much longer.

I’ve toyed with the idea of trying meds and talked about it with my therapist but have not gotten to a point where I was comfortable with it. Still not quite there but I don’t think I have a choice any longer. I can’t function, I live in a state of 24-7 anxiety/worry, more depressed (especially at this time of the year) than I have ever been and now even my OCD (emphasis on the O) has returned. 

I've had OCD my whole life.  I heard a story about Howie Mandel where he actually bought a guest house just in case anyone else in the house got sick they could stay there.  That's me for sure.  I honestly think the only thing that keeps me going is being obsessed with something.  My entire life could be renamed obsession.  That's all it's been the whole time I've been here me being obsessed with one thing or another.

Edited by sober4life

On 12/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, evalynn said:

I can never remember how old I am or what year it is. I feel like I'm too young to be having this problem already. 

I was googling it how to deal with an existential crisis and a lot of the blog posts talk about people feeling this way when starting  their 40s , 50s and 60s and I’m just now turning 27 and already feel like this 🥴 I can’t imagine how I will cope in 10 -20 years from now . If I make it that far 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, watalife said:

Does anyone else think coke and Pepsi taste different recently. Not the diet just regular. 

To me Pepsi has always tasted sweeter and it hasn’t tasted any different than that lately 🤷🏻‍♀️

@sober4life sounds like my life. I had to give up the obsession for people because that will get you in to trouble. Now I can only be obsessed with food, cats and soap. I'm also finding out that cats are not a good obsession since they tend to be so sickly and problematic. 

Food will also **** you so literally everything will **** you so maybe I'm not paranoid maybe im just to aware of the what if. Lol

Edited by watalife

2 hours ago, watalife said:

@sober4life sounds like my life. I had to give up the obsession for people because that will get you in to trouble. Now I can only be obsessed with food, cats and soap. I'm also finding out that cats are not a good obsession since they tend to be so sickly and problematic. 

Food will also **** you so literally everything will **** you so maybe I'm not paranoid maybe im just to aware of the what if. Lol

People obsession was my younger years but I'm almost 43 and have never gotten anything good from people.  If I did it might continue but an obsession that's like shutting the trunk on my hand over and over it doesn't work.  Finally I think my mind realizes nothing good will ever come from anyone out there.  Nobody will ever complete me and do I even really want to see my other half?  No I'm too old and tired and worn down for any more abuse.

This whole pandemic has been political.  Facts, reality it's never mattered to anyone in charge this whole time.  My whole life me and everyone I know has been a pawn on a chess board in a chess game we never asked to be a part of.  My whole life has been a Twilight Zone episode and there's nothing I can do to change things.😢