The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

On 12/9/2021 at 8:43 AM, hocico said:

Not really feeling Christmas this year, it just seems more of a chore than fun.

agreed, i moved to the beach, my daughter bought her own house and is 2 hours away,  i dont see her everyday anymore and it just feels like i inadvertently isolated myself and it just sucks

I enjoyed it when I was a kid.  My brother and I would bake cookies with grandma a couple of days before Christmas.  We would bake all day.  All through life you assume things will last forever but they don't.  One day life is just over and all that's left is sitting here waiting hoping you'll get an early release from prison so you can see all the people again that aren't here anymore.

Wow, not a fan of sharing bad news, but amazingly bad break for the state of Kentucky last night.  Lots of people here have seen or been near tornadoes.  One struck Kentucky last night--several but apparently one big one.  The main one touched down and stayed on the ground for 225 miles according to the governor.  Normally, they just don't do that.  The tornado also made a path trough populated areas over those 200+ miles.  That sustained ground time is unbelievable.  Many casualties.

Bulgakov

On 12/11/2021 at 1:06 AM, surfcaster said:

agreed, i moved to the beach, my daughter bought her own house and is 2 hours away,  i dont see her everyday anymore and it just feels like i inadvertently isolated myself and it just sucks

Sorry to hear that's happened, it can be hard to be disconnected from family. I think part of the problem I'm finding is the uncertainty and the fact the usual christmas things I often do aren't happening. 

"1 point until your next rank"

I thought I was close to gold when I got to 1000 posts, but the number is 1100.  I'm not sure how to get a "point".  Posts are posts, points are reputation points I guess, and I'm not sure how that's calculated.  I hope this post gets me that point.  That's the point of this post.

Bulgakov

3 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

"1 point until your next rank"

I thought I was close to gold when I got to 1000 posts, but the number is 1100.  I'm not sure how to get a "point".  Posts are posts, points are reputation points I guess, and I'm not sure how that's calculated.  I hope this post gets me that point.  That's the point of this post.

Bulgakov

Point taken. And given 😁 Go for gold Bulga 🥇

I get very depressed, when i do i pull out eyebrows and lashes. almost totally permanent and bald. completely shaved head included.cant stop and dont want to. I enjoy it and like the look, been like this for 2 years now. I also want to be fullytrans have had top for over 20 years. twice got supper drunk and started to cut bottom. stillwan to but the last time landed me in a phyc hospital for 10 days, got let out because of covid. if i do it again that means at least 6 months involuntary up to 1 year stopped drinking for over a year nownut still get the urge. the commitment is the only thing stopping me. and I do get other thoughts too.

It's because of anxiety and because we're overwhelmed.  The pile always seems too big.  None of us are sleeping well.  We're not enjoying life.  We're drowning in the quicksand of life.  I always want to run away from life but I don't have the strength or energy to get out of here!

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's because of anxiety and because we're overwhelmed.  The pile always seems too big.  None of us are sleeping well.  We're not enjoying life.  We're drowning in the quicksand of life.  I always want to run away from life but I don't have the strength or energy to get out of here!

:hugs:

On 12/20/2021 at 1:02 PM, regina1 said:

got let out because of covid

Hi Regina,

That's some rough stuff Regina, and I hope you find a little peace.  Our country, and I guess most, don't have adequate medical systems or paths for the disenfranchised.  The treatments you've received border on incarceration. 

I was in jail once, over fifty years ago, for 60 days, county jail.  It was for disorderly conduct and the reasons are uninteresting.  One of my cell mates was a quiet young Mexican in for strong armed robbery.  He'd been having sharp abdominal pains, so he was taken to see a doc.  The doc said he had a kidney stone that needed treatment.  The next day after his visit, he was told he was getting set free.  Remember, this wasn't the Big House, just county jail.  He was told, indirectly, that the county didn't want to foot the bill and didn't want to be held responsible if no treatment was given.  He was free.  Reminds me of your story.  The current social upheaval worldwide is, in the sense of social equity, headed in the right direction.  But it won't really change until hearts change. 

Congratulations on a year's sobriety!  I quit within recent years too.  That's an accomplishment.  Stick with it. 

Best to you, Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

Hi Regina,

That's some rough stuff Regina, and I hope you find a little peace.  Our country, and I guess most, don't have adequate medical systems or paths for the disenfranchised.  The treatments you've received border on incarceration. 

I was in jail once, over fifty years ago, for 60 days, county jail.  It was for disorderly conduct and the reasons are uninteresting.  One of my cell mates was a quiet young Mexican in for strong armed robbery.  He'd been having sharp abdominal pains, so he was taken to see a doc.  The doc said he had a kidney stone that needed treatment.  The next day after his visit, he was told he was getting set free.  Remember, this wasn't the Big House, just county jail.  He was told, indirectly, that the county didn't want to foot the bill and didn't want to be held responsible if no treatment was given.  He was free.  Reminds me of your story.  The current social upheaval worldwide is, in the sense of social equity, headed in the right direction.  But it won't really change until hearts change. 

Congratulations on a year's sobriety!  I quit within recent years too.  That's an accomplishment.  Stick with it. 

Best to you, Bulgakov

thank you for your support. I dont realy have any desire to drink

I’d love to spend the holidays on a quiet beach with no trace of decorations or music and nothing but sand and ocean waves crashing in the background. I realize I am the oddball on this (pretty much the case on most things as I have long been the “black sheep” of the crowd)  but I live in winter misery and am tired of cold, snowy, unpleasant weather this time of year. Also, lights and decorations do nothing for me.