The Post Anything Thread #4

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I know how she feels.  I'm done with people too.  I've been thinking lately that there's probably something much more serious going on with me but I don't have any faith that I will be helped in any way.  I've been through the ringer in this life.  I felt like was going to fall over today.  I've been having spells lately.  I just don't care anymore.   Being done with this nightmare would be a blessing.

Oh no, I know you avoid the doctor like I do but maybe you could go in for a general health check? 

4 hours ago, watalife said:

@lindahurt she's busy rotating her 2 boyfriends so she doesn't have any need for small talk. I won't be calling her again I was just really bored that day. I don't understand why she's so interested in talking to me in passing but then never contacts me for any further conversation. 

watalife,

As you meet and interact with people you've find some are just users.  They only have time for you when its convenient for them.  If she's not reciprocating the support you're giving to her, then maybe you shouldn't make yourself available to her.  Always do what's best for you.

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I know how she feels.  I'm done with people too.  I've been thinking lately that there's probably something much more serious going on with me but I don't have any faith that I will be helped in any way.  I've been through the ringer in this life.  I felt like was going to fall over today.  I've been having spells lately.  I just don't care anymore.   Being done with this nightmare would be a blessing.

sober4life,

I agree with Nightjar.  It really sounds like you need a wellness assessment.  For sure something is causing your equilibrium to be off balance.  Please have faith and see a primary physician.  Even if you don't care right now, we do and only want the best for you.

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Oh no, I know you avoid the doctor like I do but maybe you could go in for a general health check? 

4 hours ago, lindahurt said:

sober4life,

I agree with Nightjar.  It really sounds like you need a wellness assessment.  For sure something is causing your equilibrium to be off balance.  Please have faith and see a primary physician.  Even if you don't care right now, we do and only want the best for you.

I know the people here want the best for me.  I love everyone here.  I just need rest.  I will think this over over the next few days.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

After the big fight last night I told him to get out! I stood with the door open for about 3 minutes and he didn't go. I don't think it will be much longer until this relationship is over. Never had this happen before. Evidently this cat is not a loner like me.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:22 PM, sober4life said:

I envy the dog.  He craps in someone's front yard and goes to the door and gets a treat.  It's never worked out too well for me when I try it.😒

Diogenes likes this post 👍

I like making people laugh, when I went out for some food earlier I asked the waitress to take a picture of me looking cool and casual and said it was for my instagram and my millions of followers in a believable voice, and it was at the point she was looking suprised that I went "NAAAAAH I'm only joking" 😂😂😂  and she burst out laughing 🤣

Word of the day: "avuncular"

I started to look it up today, and I thought, maybe it means having to do with an uncle.  But that would be silly.  Anyway, that is what it means, i.e., relating to an uncle, ha.  I'm pretty sure I've looked it up before and probably ran through the same thoughts. 

I'm settled in my new spot in Arizona.  So  I went to the nearest medical office, a small one, and it's made of nurse practitioners, and PAs, no doctors.  Which is fine.  I saw a PA and he was great, but for a new script on my clonazepam I'd need to see one of the resident NPs. 

Made an appointment, and saw an NP.  She was fine also, but explained she could only do a partial or temporary script.  The DEA has "strongly suggested" that ongoing treatment with benzos be discouraged, and that included doctors.   Doctors could, though probably would not rx benzos for long term, she said.  A referral to a psychiatrist would work, she said.

I told her politely--it wasn't her policy--that seemed like overkill to me.  So I don't know if following this guideline is local?  The DEA isn't local, it's federal.  The DEA is first and foremost a bureaucracy--takes lots of money--that has flourished through a "war on drugs."  It lost the war on drugs--and it will do what it has always has, clamp down on the consumer.  Yesterday it was marijuana, today it's benzos.  That should help solve the country's drug problems. 

Bulgakov

How often do you clean your bathroom? I just cleaned mine after using a flashlight looking for where the bugs were coming from, and it was dusty, dirty and mold on walls. These are normal living conditions aren't they? If not get me out of here. 😭

Edited by watalife

32 minutes ago, watalife said:

How often do you clean your bathroom? 

Not a set timeframe.  Usually if I need to put a few more things in the trash bag to fill it when it's trash day I'll say well maybe a couple of magic erasers or some paper towels will fill the bag.  I probably clean the bathroom 3 times a month.🤔

On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, watalife said:

How often do you clean your bathroom? 

I try to clean the bath after I've used it. Sometimes I will use it twice before I clean it though. Sink and toilet, I clean sometimes once a week and sometimes after two weeks if my energy is low. Sometimes I keep the sink really clean and clean every few days🤷‍♀️ 

I clean the toilet the least but will definitely clean it if it's dirty.