The Post Anything Thread #4

Well football is back today and I couldn’t care less. Pretty much everyone in these parts will either be at the stadium or watching the game at home or in a bar. People are crazy and passionate for this team and they are pretty good with a decent chance at winning and part of me wishes I could get into it but then again, it just feels like a pointless waste of time and the team winning or losing has zero bearing on my life. And sitting there for 3 hours watching people I have zero attachment to just does nothing for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Advice to the lovelorn:

"Honey, just allow me one more chance
To get along with you . . .
Honey just allow me one more chance, I'll do anything for you . . .

Well, I've been looking all over for a girl like you
I can't find nobody
So you'll have to do.

There's just one kind of favor I'd ask of you

Honey 'low me one more chance."

Bob Dylan

So i went and got my flu shot yesterday trying to be proactive,  you know prevent getting the flu,  woke up this morning with the side effects kicking my behind, worse then the covid shot side effects,  funny thing is i have never had flu shot side effects,  damn

We all know Dog the Bounty Hunter is going to find Brian Laundrie.  All the government agencies are saying we can't let some reality tv show guy find him before we do but he will find him.  There's no doubt in my mind.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

We all know Dog the Bounty Hunter is going to find Brian Laundrie.

I thought you might be joking--didn't doubt you, just thought you were kidding.  But of course you weren't.  I hope the woods don't end up full of tv trophy hunters.  Remember what happened in JAWS after a big bounty was originally offered to anyone who could bag the shark.  The whole shallows of the beach and beyond filled with drunk cowboys and girls ready to shoot something.  Lots of radio and tv talk show hosts might be out there in camo gear trying to snag Laundrie too.  Finally, some news.

The media word of the day or week or long as it lasts is:  "algorithim"

Real meaning: 

Algorithm | Definition of Algorithm by Merriam-Webster

Algorithm definition is - a procedure for solving a mathematical problem (as of finding the greatest common divisor) in a finite number of steps that frequently involves repetition of an operation;

Anyway, algorithms are mathematical tools--computer "routines" for one--and help in lots of science.  But today they are simply the media word of the moment, like many words adopted and parroted by news, like "quaqmire" and "efficacy" .   For most of us the "algorithims" just remind us that understanding how things work is out of our grasp.  

Thanks for that info on Dog, Sober. 

Bulgakov

TV is getting much worse.  They know most of it is streamed into our homes now so they make it barely better than looking at the wall and it's good enough.  They no longer have to make it good enough to leave our homes.  I'm disgusted with this world.  Everything has gone way down hill in my life.

@sober4lifeI finally figured out why reruns keep being replayed. It's just a reminder to let us know that this is what life is, a rerun. Don't get your hopes up because all life is a rerun. Cable does the same thing playing the same shows over and over. I think someone wants to keep us down. Do you know how many different episodes there are hundreds. But they only show 15 episodes over and over. Everybody wants there money when there show comes on. No extra episodes only these ones. Lol

It used to be companies tried as hard as they could to make us happy.  They've shifted from that though.  They give us as little as they can possibly get away with giving us for the money.  They don't want us to actually say we were ripped off but they want to come as close to that as they can get without us saying it.  Every company does this now.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:31 PM, surfcaster said:

So i went and got my flu shot yesterday trying to be proactive,  you know prevent getting the flu,  woke up this morning with the side effects kicking my behind, worse then the covid shot side effects,  funny thing is i have never had flu shot side effects,  damn

Pretty much exact same for me.  Got my flu shot on the 3rd, and a flu like reaction for the next two to three days.  And, like you, I've taken the flu vaccines for maybe thirty years, and never had a reaction before.  I can't be sure it was the shot, not enough data 🤠, but the sequence was same as yours. 

Bulgakov

I got my flu shot and didn't have any reaction.  My arm wasn't even sore.  I'll admit I'm to the point where I don't even believe they're giving me the flu shot.  I'll go as far as saying I don't believe he gave me any shot.  I wouldn't be surprised if they poked me with some safety pin they had behind the desk.  I'm to the point in this world where I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up today to hear Tom Selleck has always had a fake mustache.  My trust in people is gone.

Does anyone believe a cat can lose weight? I mean a heavy cat with a big fat middle section.  Can she lose the weight or probably no? I didn't make her fat the previous owner did. 

Edited by watalife

Justin Bieber, famous for being Justin Bieber, is starting his own line of cannabis products, and the brand will be called "Peaches".  (This is no joke.)

Can't wait until TV ads for mj are allowed--it'll happen.  The Bieber will take a hit, sit back and say, "That's peachy."  Other celebs, social media influencers, and whoever, will line up to become brand spokespersons.  "If you're not smoking Mine Field, then hold on to your liver, because I'm coming for it."  Danny Trejo, smiling.  Should be fun. 

Bulgakov