The Post Anything Thread #4

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

I guess Pat Boone is filming a new movie so he must be telling the truth about everything else on the relief factor commercial.

Yea, I saw the commercial and did notice he said he was in a new movie.  He was a teen heart throb for a while.  And I'm sure at least a handful of people remember him from "Journey to the Center of the Earth".   I wish he'd  said the name of the movie, but , he--Pat-- was doing a pain relief commercial, not a guest spot.  But he's there because of his celebrity, his image as the relief factor guy, who used to sing songs and star in teen-to-twenties romantic comedies most people haven't seen.  His lawyers should have held out until relief factor agreed Pat could say the name of his movie. 

Given his age, and mine, any other decision would be a clear result of ageism . . . 🤠 wow!

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

3 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Yea, I saw the commercial and did notice he said he was in a new movie.  He was a teen heart throb for a while.  And I'm sure at least a handful of people remember him from "Journey to the Center of the Earth".   I wish he'd  said the name of the movie, but , he--Pat-- was doing a pain relief commercial, not a guest spot.  But he's there because of his celebrity, his image as the relief factor guy, who used to sing songs and star in teen-to-twenties romantic comedies most people haven't seen.  His lawyers should have held out until relief factor agreed Pat could say the name of his movie. 

Given his age, and mine, any other decision would be a clear result of ageism . . . 🤠 wow!

Bulgakov

They left the name of the movie out on purpose.  People will say no way he's doing another movie and they'll look like I did.  That truth is enough to make the whole commercial true for some people.  Is it I don't know it doesn't matter anymore.  Hey I'm already on the internet let's go to their website.

Just saw a new commercial for Die Hard car batteries, and it has Bruce Willis in his sweaty dirty sleeveless t-shirt, and Samuel Jackson for a moment.  I haven't seen him in commercials before, but he's been doing a lot of bad movies lately--like a lot of other ex movie stars.  Struck me as funny, but everyone has a right to make a billion.  Nothing against Bruce.  I don't know what he does with his money. 

Bulgakov

Catastrophic news doesn't have much of a shelf life today.  What happened to the border crisis?  Life as we know it was being threatened.  For now at least, the story is on the back burner,  but it's amazing how fast media virtually drops coverage of one calamity or injustice to cover the next.  They have to keep the buzz going.  And how about those uighurs huh?  Think they'll get paid this year?   That'd make the news.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

3 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Catastrophic news doesn't have much of a shelf life today.  What happened to the border crisis?  Life as we know it was being threatened.  For now at least, the story is on the back burner,  but it's amazing how fast media virtually drops coverage of one calamity or injustice to cover the next.  They have to keep the buzz going.  And how about those uighurs huh?  Think they'll get paid this year?   That'd make the news.

Bulgakov

I guess we only need one big thing at a time to keep us occupied so we're not paying attention to the infrastructure bill.

Oh my xxx another day I have to live and go to a nasty job I hate. And my poor cats have to suffer the same day over and over inside this carpeted box. Xxx this is boring! I don't see how people stand it they must really be having a pleasant enjoyable experience. 

Edited by watalife

I thought I wasn't doing too bad today but all I have to do is see the dog's soccer ball laying in the yard and it's enough to make me start crying.  The dog doesn't even have to be outside.🙄

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I thought I wasn't doing too bad today but all I have to do is see the dog's soccer ball laying in the yard and it's enough to make me start crying.  The dog doesn't even have to be outside.🙄

You got me crying mow over what I don't know or understand.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, Bulgakov said:

@Bulgakov

That is why I gave up on the News.

Bbqdad

On 8/22/2021 at 2:19 PM, sober4life said:

I guess we only need one big thing at a time to keep us occupied so we're not paying attention to the infrastructure bill.

What are some other bills?

What are they hiding?

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

Things are unbelievably bad in the world right now!

I ran across this item to brighten your days and nights.  I clicked on a "25 Gadgets You Can't Do Without" and one of the 25 was this.

"10. GlowBowl™️ - Toilet Gadget Turns Potty Time Into Party Time!" 
Beneath the headline, a trio of equally spaced toilets with the lids up are pictured.  The background of the page was dark, and the three toilets were lit up from the inside.  Each glowed a different color:  purple, blue, or red reflecting on the lids behind them.  Very spectral looking.

The images look more than anything like portals to another dimension to me, the kind you've seen in lots of movies and on TV.  I'm not sure I want to get whisked, butt first, into another reality . . . though, if that was the only way to get there . . .

Anyway it understandably makes no claims to transport you to another existence, only to "turn potty time into party time."  I'm not sure I want to do that, either. 

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Could you imagine a life so horrible that the only excitement you had was buying a bottle of soap. I never get to go anywhere. I was born to work and nothing else. No you can't go to the mountains to smell the fresh air or hear the water float down stream, no you can't go to the theme park and eat funnel cakes no you can't browse around at the outlet mall because there to far away no you can't go swimming anywhere at anytime to have fun. It's over and all there is is soap. 😭

Oh and the cats are over it to, they are bored out of there skulls. 😿😾😭

Edited by watalife

4 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

im so out of shape it aint funny, spent 6 hours today climbing up and down a ladder painting and discovered muscles i never new i had, damn i hurt

I know how you feel.  I painted all of my decks last year.  After I was done I felt like I was in a car wreck.  I never knew how sore I would be from painting before I did it.