The Post Anything Thread #4

I found another robin's nest.  I don't know how other birds are but I think robins literally wait until the mom and the baby can't both fit in the nest anymore.  At the end they're almost the same size and it looks strange with both of them in the nest.🤪

I can not believe that dentist. I just can't believe what he did. Why did I go there? Why!!!!! The sooner this life is over the sooner these thoughts will stop. Eat these potatoe chips and you'll feel better. Ooops! just damaged another tooth.  If I had went somewhere else it would not have happened this way. I was just trying to stay closer to home so I went there. 🤐

Edited by watalife

3 hours ago, watalife said:

I wouldn't keep talking about this but this is something I can't fix or buy. I'm literally stuck with the outcome. 

I would say sue them but they probably made you sign a paper before things started like I had to with my dental work promising not to sue them.  I know how you feel believe me.  Some people seem to be able to do whatever they want in this world and they get away with it every time.  I'm sick of it and I've been through plenty of things like this myself.

17 hours ago, Nightjar said:

No, you're not pathetic. You're authentic. And that is a good thing in my book❤️

but, its not normal right? to just blurt out everything, I dont know how to human. I got by as a kid, but as an adult.. 

6 hours ago, Charlee said:

but, its not normal right? to just blurt out everything, I dont know how to human. I got by as a kid, but as an adult.. 

It may be better to keep it light with people you don't know very well 🤔 But only because many people only want to know your business so that they can gossip about you later 😬 It's better to establish trust first I think... 

But in an ideal world we could all be honest and open, goddammit 😔

Some people are brutally honest regardless and these people really are gamechangers. I guess it depends how well you can handle the consequences of being totally honest 🤔 

9 hours ago, Charlee said:

It feels safe to talk about hard things here.  Real life feels like playing a role.  The only time it feels safe to be yourself is at home with nobody else around.  That's it.  Other than that it's keeping up appearances in real life.  

Let's see.

Around people you don't know. Never be too honest. mildly honest at most. Too much politically correct BS in the world. Strangers don't want to hear it.

Around people you know. Be very honest, but not brutaly honest. Don't complain all the time or tell everyone about their faults. You just drive people away. It's a balance of good/bad news.

At work. Never tell executives the brutally honest truth. Even it means saving them millions of dollars. They don't want to hear it. C-level types consider you a problem not telling them what they want to hear. Mid-level managers consider you a trouble maker because you tell them stuff they don't want to pass up the food chain to those C-level types. Line managers. Tell them anytrhing you want. They're powerless and just there to babysit, drive cattle, and do as their told. Fellow workers. Anything you complain about they have probably already heard. You're just preasching to the choir.

In general anything that has "brutaly" in it is going to come back on you and then you'll be upset that someone does something brutal to you.

I've learned to carefully craft my answers and comments if I don't want a ration of shyt for it, or worse...

I suddenly realized that Phillip K. D!ck is writing my life's story. I'm living in one of his novels. The mixture of dystopia & mental anguish in his stories fits my life perfectly.

Edited by JD4010

On 6/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, In2deep4me said:

Let's see.

Around people you don't know. Never be too honest. mildly honest at most. Too much politically correct BS in the world. Strangers don't want to hear it.

Around people you know. Be very honest, but not brutaly honest. Don't complain all the time or tell everyone about their faults. You just drive people away. It's a balance of good/bad news.

At work. Never tell executives the brutally honest truth. Even it means saving them millions of dollars. They don't want to hear it. C-level types consider you a problem not telling them what they want to hear. Mid-level managers consider you a trouble maker because you tell them stuff they don't want to pass up the food chain to those C-level types. Line managers. Tell them anytrhing you want. They're powerless and just there to babysit, drive cattle, and do as their told. Fellow workers. Anything you complain about they have probably already heard. You're just preasching to the choir.

In general anything that has "brutaly" in it is going to come back on you and then you'll be upset that someone does something brutal to you.

I've learned to carefully craft my answers and comments if I don't want a ration of shyt for it, or worse...

I have yet to return to the office but when I do, I am going to do whatever I can to avoid any sort of conservation or interaction with co-workers that is not work related. I have always been uncomortable with “small talk” and avoided sitting in tne lunch room and hardly ever attended gatherings or happy hours but now will avoid them 100%. I don’t like sharing personal info especially in regards to a certain issue that is a popular topic these days.

I didn't realize I was so fat. I guess I will have to start exercising. I like exercising but there's nowhere to exercise here that is close or shady enough. I would just walk around and around here but people be staring. 👀🏃

1 hour ago, watalife said:

Went to Starbucks the other day for a special treat and my drink was 40% whip cream. What a rip off! 😾

I remember when I worked at McDonalds and I was learning how to do the new machine they got years ago that made the drinks you're talking about and every person I asked hey how do you do this drink I got a different answer.  I'm sure it's the same way everywhere people putting the cup on the machine and filling it with whatever they want at the moment.😒

Every store around here now asks you do you want a bag and do you want a receipt.  They're told to ask that.  That's how cheap everyone is right now but you will see a $150 wheelbarrow.  I want everyone to remember how all the corporations laughed and said we're not losing money.  We're going to make the consumer pay much higher prices.  This is their thoughts after we all could have died from the pandemic.  The hell with them they say we need to stay rich.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Marketing plans--unless otherwise imagined--are drawn with an eye to profit.  Even large corporations are motivated at every level to find new methods to get the most from consumers. 

I mentioned, I think, Amazon Prime as a primo example.  If you've gone to rent an Amazon movie, and found that you'd joined Amazon Prime, that was no accident.   But today I'm talking about the pc virus software "Avast".  When my year's subscription ended, I was auto renewed, butI hadn't chosen to auto renew when I'd signed up last year. 

When I first purchased the virus software  I missed a small checkbox--and it is small, and not at all obvious--that is "pre" checked to enable auto renewal in a year.  Why not leave it blank, make it obvious, and allow people to choose, to check their own boxes?  I'm sure they make a lot of money doing it the way it's done. 

So I wrote them a short email.  I don't rant or call names.  I did say though, that their marketing practice was "chicken####".     I didn't ask for a response in my email--I'd cursed so didn't expect one.  I think they've heard the complaint before.  I'll paste their  quick reply below.

"Thank you for contacting Avast. We understand your concern. We would like to inform you that many of our customers have benefited from the autorenewal option which is turned ON by default during the purchase. We want to make sure that the computer is protected at all times. 

We appreciate and welcome the fact that you wish to renew the Avast product. We would like to transfer this case to the concerned team who will help you in the purchase of the Avast product and immediately turn OFF the auto renewal option as you wish. They will contact you via this same email address. 
Best regards,"

They were looking out for me, and you, but we would rather look out for ourselves maybe.  Even large corporate entities look for profit in every direction, at all levels, by even chicken#### methods.  I'm not a commie.  It's just a problem.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Posted (edited)

Mom had auto renew on for her computer and the money actually came out after she passed away while the estate was still being settled.  Did they pay the money back?  Of course not.

Edited by sober4life

I had to go to the mall today and return a total of 5 items from 2 different stores. 3 of the items were defective…the other two looked nothing like their online photos. And have one more item to go from an online store…which was an obvious customer return as it looks used and it is the wrong color. And the color I wanted is now not available plus I have to correct their error at my expense. This may sound odd…but experiences like this add to my sadness and depression. Things just aren’t what they used to be and I fear will continue to get worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was watching a movie online.  As it started the "cautions" came up. The intro warned that the movie had instances of smoking, and language--meaning bad language.  And, a new warning I've not seen before, "fear".  So I was forewarned that the movie included scenes with people smoking and maybe cussing.  I'm not so sure about "fear."

Does that mean that I will see scenes of fearful people,  scared people?  That's nothing new, fear is a part of the drama of action movies, suspense, horror, etc. 

So I guess it means the viewing might cause fear in the  viewer, a warning that would be appropriate for these touchy times.  I liked the movie but it caused moments of fear so I couldn't recommend it?  I don't know.  Gave me a laugh though.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

I'm finding the Biographics channel on youtube fascinating,  I can't see that knowing Aristocles dad was called Ariston is going to prove any practical use but what fun the simple act of learning has proved to be 😊

Edited by hocico

happiness is in the small things

like a de-carbonated mountain dew rise thats been opened and shared over the course of 2 hours

a marlboro red's flame sleepily nearing its filter, comfortable between my two fingers, and Him next to me, alighting a fresh one between His chapped pursed lips

a dark closed childhood park filled with distant reminiscent memories of a younger happier time, 4 am

"Why'd the music stop?"

"My phone died, let's use yours."

Ray Lamontagne, "all the wild horses", Our song filling the cold early summer morning air

Another burning sip of Jimmy Beam to numb the mournful apprehension of a later "The sun's rising, will you skate me home?"

Our friendly neighborhood meth head offering us a soft powder, mumbling of Elmo and why Mac DeMarco is Jesus Christ returned

You pulling me closer 

Please don't ever let me go

Don't go

Don't go

Happiness is the small things i suppose, and i suppose the small experiences of life are what we are meant to live for

For what else is there?