The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

I'm cleaning out the basement, and I'm coming upon bags and bags and boxes filled with my junk.

Why would I save empty medicine bottles, old tooth brushes, rusty can openers, old utensils, dozens of nail polish bottles when I don't paint my nails.  And I'm still buying nail polish!

I can't hold on any longer to JUNK.  I don't want to be that person.  Not even sure why I'm posting this.

Did I say I was tired?  😒   lol

I would love it if there were aliens coming here but we don't even want to be here so why would they come who knows how many miles to get here.  It's just the government not wanting us to know what technology they have.  Look it's aliens they say.  The crazy videos we see yeah our government can do that right now.  So what else can they do?

It's funny everything seems to come with a carrier or a bag of some type to carry it in.  There is no way on earth anyone is showing up to a landscaping job with this leaf blower in this stupid white bag with the blower end sticking out a hole on the side.  No way!

I've watched TV--on and off--since the mid 1950s.  There were only a hand full of organizations that asked for your cash donations then.  There was no global overlook, no global network.  All the needs of the disadvantaged around the globe was lumped into a CARE package. 

Only one ad asking for your help for the world.  A very skinny and sun baked villager from a desert land looks up, and a cargo plane overhead drops a 6-foot rectangular box that parachutes down close to him.  I think he wore only a turban and and short white pants or wrappings, like Gandhi wore. 

So he would open the box, and inside were a rake, a hoe, a shovel and maybe another item or two, and seeds.  The man looks up at the plane, with gratitude. 

That was it.  I know it played for several years.  The problems of the disadvantaged of the world were being taken care of.  That was how easy it was in the Fifties to feel good.

Bulgakov

Mom was someone that sent to a lot to those charities.  They would send her something at least once a week begging for more money.  Of course they don't really beg.  They make you feel bad for not sending them more money.  They continued to come in the mail after mom passed away so I called them all and told them my situation and told them what happened to mom.  I told them I could really use their help.  I never got anything in the mail from them again after that and I never heard from them again.  

On Yahoo news today an article of a weightlifter who competed until 2013, as a man.  She's transgender now, and the Olympic committee has o.k.d her to compete in weightlifting as a woman.  I don't make moral judgements on that.  I do agree with Kaitlin Jenner who said simply, "It's unfair."  Course, that's when the headaches begin, considering what's fair and what isn't.

That's all interesting, but what I was thinking of recently was mixed martial arts, the UFC, in the same respect.   There's a good chance someone will give it a try given the money the UFC is bringing in.  By try it, I mean get the surgery, train and hit the octagon.  I think there are a few wannabes out there who would  go through reassignment for fortune and fame. 

I watch UFC matches on TV and computer.  I'll risk sounding sexist and predict the change will be in the direction of male to female, like the Olympic lifter.  And you can bet there will be female mma fighters willing to take the fight, and the money.  I first saw Bruce Jenner on a TV ad for Wheaties cereal, a champion Olympic decathlete--I think it showed him pole vaulting. 

All incredible stuff. 

Bulgakov

I can't believe that woman gave me that food to eat. It was not edible and it was a hard empty crust of nothing. I can't believe someone would give someone food that was that bad. Was it a way of her saying eat shit. 💩 So strange this life. It's a wonder my mouth didn't break out. 

News of the Near Future: 

"Mr. Cheops, Tear Down That Pyramid!"

The top stone of the Great Pyramid came down today, commemorating the first step to deconstruction, flattening, the structure.  Once known as one of the remaining "wonders" of the ancient world, proponents of deconstruction have emphasized it is a monument to elitism, built for one person, and its grandeur belies the fact it was the largest slave project in history. 

Edited by Bulgakov

From Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

Tune, in your head.  Lyrics below.

"Just whistle while you work
And cheerfully together we can tidy up the place
So hum a merry tune
It won't take long when there's a song to help you set the pace . . ."

Has anyone tried to perk themselves up by whistling or humming at work?  Try it.  Encourage your boss and coworkers to whistle with you.  I'm joking.

It reminds of a quote from late, great Alt Country singer/songwriter Townes Van Zant "There's blues, and the rest is just 'Zippity Doo Da'."

The Disney lyrics, contrasted with today's work issues made me laugh, not cynically, just funny how different.  Written today it could raise social issues about how the Man wants us whistling, humming and singing in the fields, through our lives, while we work.  A person or a coalition would sue to be able to whistle on the job.  But it wasn't meant that way of course.  It's written and sang in Zippity Do Dah.

Both blues and Zippity are sang at DF.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

I'm currently sitting on my bed listening to six60 with my sleeping cat in the corner on her favourite blanket. The weather has been rainy and moody all week, i'm contemplating whether or not I should get my CV in and then go to yoga. I bought myself a nice smelling candle because I love candles, they add a calming presence to the room. Last night I started to get embarrassed about what i've posted recently on here, ashamed at how pathetic I am. I have a lot of plants that im letting die because I find them too overwhelming to care for. I have an obsession with moisturising my skin, I do it at least 5 times a day, face, arms, body, everywhere. I have a fear of dry skin and showing age... even though its inevitable. Im thinking about another trip home but I cant really afford the trip. I also think I need to get my ass sorted and put out my damn CV in because I didn't move across the country away from everyone I love to stay at home. Life is hard, thanks for stopping by to read this random stream of thoughts. 

Edited by Charlee

On 6/15/2021 at 3:19 AM, Charlee said:

Last night I started to get embarrassed about what i've posted recently on here, ashamed at how pathetic I am

No, you're not pathetic. You're authentic. And that is a good thing in my book❤️

Edited by Nightjar