Jump to content

The Post Anything Thread #4


Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

Recommended Posts

Finding Jimmy Hoffa remains a popular subject, and now they are narrowing in on the metal drum that contains his remains.  I remember when he disappeared.  I happened to be in the Teamsters at the time.  I wasn't a truck driver, but a worker in an ag chemical plant that was Teamster unionized. 

There were a lot of metal drums, as most of what they made was shipped in 30 and 55 gal drums.  It was a running joke to tap on a  drum as you passed asking, "Jimmy, you in there?" 

In News of the Near Future:  Watch the upcoming special, "Reconstituting Jimmy Hoffa." 

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a terrible habit of shopping around online, buying stuff and then by the time it arrives I have mostly lost interest in it. Several unopened packages are sitting on my floor right now.  Guess it is mostly impluse buys and stuff I don’t really need. But I am bored and lack hobbies so shopping is a good time waster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, monicott17 said:

I have a terrible habit of shopping around online, buying stuff and then by the time it arrives I have mostly lost interest in it. Several unopened packages are sitting on my floor right now.  Guess it is mostly impluse buys and stuff I don’t really need. But I am bored and lack hobbies so shopping is a good time waster.

I don't get that feeling from online shopping.  I enjoy going to stores browsing and shopping.  It's the feeling I get from those two things.  It doesn't always matter what I bring home.  If I'm out for hours once I am home looking through bags I'm already surprised by some of the things in the bags.  Wow I forgot that I got that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything is online now. I recently tried to purchase some ready to frame artwork only to find out they no longer sell it in the stores. So i went online and ordered 2 prints to frame. Then realized something was up when the order didn't ship quickly. I found out they have to print the pictures out as they are ordered which can take several weeks and they may have defects in the prints. I cancelled the order. I hate online ordering most of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, watalife said:

@sober4life now where is the exact location of this vaccine lottery. It's going to cost me a fortune in gas. 😆 hope I don't run out.

As far as I know anyone that gets a vaccine over the next 5 weeks in Ohio is automatically put into the drawing for the million dollars.  There's a once a week winner.  5 kids can also win a full college scholarship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, sober4life said:

As far as I know anyone that gets a vaccine over the next 5 weeks in Ohio is automatically put into the drawing for the million dollars.  There's a once a week winner.  5 kids can also win a full college scholarship.

It strikes me that they are bribing people to get this vax. Some places are offering free donuts for a year, or free beer, or whatever...my suspicions are raised when this kind of thing happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

It strikes me that they are bribing people to get this vax. Some places are offering free donuts for a year, or free beer, or whatever...my suspicions are raised when this kind of thing happens.

Of course it worries me.  It's worth 5 million dollars to our governor to make this happen.  Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

Of course it worries me.  It's worth 5 million dollars to our governor to make this happen.  Why?

Wow! All we got offered was our vaccine card laminated for free. I should have held out for what's behind door #3...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bulgakov said:

Finding Jimmy Hoffa remains a popular subject, and now they are narrowing in on the metal drum that contains his remains.  I remember when he disappeared.  I happened to be in the Teamsters at the time.  I wasn't a truck driver, but a worker in an ag chemical plant that was Teamster unionized. 

There were a lot of metal drums, as most of what they made was shipped in 30 and 55 gal drums.  It was a running joke to tap on a  drum as you passed asking, "Jimmy, you in there?" 

In News of the Near Future:  Watch the upcoming special, "Reconstituting Jimmy Hoffa." 

Bulgakov

Never let a stranger in your cab, in your house or in your heart... unless he is a friend of labor 🙂

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried the most expensive cat food because everyone said it would be more satisfying to the cat and they wouldn't need as much food. Another lie!!! The cat is still hungry every minute licking the bowl. Won't be buying that kind again. Plus it causes farts. 😣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ads are like that everywhere.  They make us emotional so we spend money.  The internet makes me worse every time I go on it but it's an addiction.  I can't seem to get away.  That's everything in my life.  Everything is a need that drives me insane or kills me or both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...