The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

6 hours ago, watalife said:

If you took a vacation from whatever ...would you stay home or go somewhere? ( trip. Fun park. Event)

I love visiting outlet malls. They are generally in the middle of nowhere so it is a nice drive to get to them. Don’t really even love the shopping part. More like the getting there part. Oh and fun to people watch as well. My favorite one is a few hours away in a nearby state which also happens to contain my favorite city to visit. Usually hit both several times a year but it feels like it has been forever since I have seen either.

2 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Riot on NJ!  Being alone is being alone with your thoughts, so you have to have an outlook, a perspective that somehow allows light to shine through sometimes.  Many "Survivor" contestants fail when, left alone, they feel their past thoughts beginning to gain on them.  You need to still find reasons to laugh when you're alone, and reasons to think straight.

Sitting Bulgakov

Thanks I needed this big time right now.  You're so right.  I need to get my sense of humor back.  So much of what they feed us on these idiot boxes like grandma used to call all this technology with screens gets us sucked into dark holes and I'm so sick of it.  I need to laugh and smile again.

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Having my covid vaccine next Tuesday! I'll probably whip myself into a nice little anxious mess for it, I expect.... And frighten myself about potential side effects 😬

Thank god I don't want you to go through this nightmare.  I'm getting better and feeling pretty good now but at the worst times I honestly thought I might have been poisoned.  That's how awful it is for the first 4 or 5 days.

It's funny how people on the internet actually believe they need to do that.  They've had control of our minds for a long time.  We've been turned into puppets or gears in their machine at this point.

Edited by sober4life

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

LeVar Burton wants to host Jeopardy.  That's the first time I've thought yes that's the one they should hire.

Well, isn't his visor hooked into the cloud so he knows the answers before the questions are even asked? Or rather the questions before the answers are asked. Or answered. Ok, it doesn't make much sense, but then what in this world does?

Just now, sober4life said:

LeVar Burton wants to host Jeopardy.  That's the first time I've thought yes that's the one they should hire.

It's a time of change for movies, actors.  Big movie companies are moving online to distribute their films.   Actors lucky enough to stay in films used to move into character roles as they aged.   Now they're lucky to get roles in commercials.  What were big names are showing up in some pretty funky action movies now too. What was part of our cultural conversation, movies and movie stars, will fade.  

Bulgakov

16 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

It's a time of change for movies, actors.  Big movie companies are moving online to distribute their films.   Actors lucky enough to stay in films used to move into character roles as they aged.   Now they're lucky to get roles in commercials.  What were big names are showing up in some pretty funky action movies now too. What was part of our cultural conversation, movies and movie stars, will fade.  

Bulgakov

Totally, there are remakes of everything, creative thought has been declining for a while now but even more with covid and actors being stuck at home which makes sense to a point. However I feel there is something else going on in regards to the increase in the wealth gap, things have just changed a lot since the 80s/90s

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

🤠  Soarsie18, I agree, there does seem to be something else going on with that wealth gap! 

At the moment it is getting bigger unfortunately, with the 10 richest people in the world holding the same wealth as 50% of the worlds population. No need to vote for politics because money rules the world. But i guess thats off topic .. but definitely a factor in individual creativity

Edited by Soarsie18

1 hour ago, watalife said:

My silicone liquid nails won't come out of the tube. So they sold me a tube of glue I can only see but not use 🙉

There is something that's called a nozzle cleaner.  I got it with something at some point and I've kept it.  It's basically a pin you stick in the end of things that won't come out of the tube anymore and unblocks it.  You might have something small enough around the house that will fit in the tube and unblock it.

Edited by sober4life

3 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

🤠  Soarsie18, I agree, there does seem to be something else going on with that wealth gap! 

We were given technology to distract us from what the rich people were really up to starting in the 80s with the in home computer and Nintendo.  Today they have the nerve to even have the distractions be what they say are their real jobs but nobody cares because we're social media stars.😎

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

We were given technology to distract us from what the rich people were really up to starting in the 80s with the in home computer and Nintendo.  Today they have the nerve to even have the distractions be what they say are their real jobs but nobody cares because we're social media stars.😎

It's amazing that popular streamers and other media stars can make millions for playing video games or opening packages. Compare this to a guy who actually does something useful, like picking up garbage or doing brain surgery. They get paid far less. (Well, garbagemen do make nice change because no one wants to be picking up nasty garbage at 4am, and brain surgeons do make money as well, but not the millions or more made by playing Fortnite or unboxing dolls.)

You can devote your life to studying, getting a degree and advancing in your career via hard work -- or you can play video games and get paid lots more while doing something fun. Your choice!

It's true what others have said on here. There is no friends or family to turn to there are only people who want something from you. She only wanted me as her 3rd servant, he only needs a ride somewhere, nothing else, and he just cares about his glory world. I thought I had the perfect neighbor there for a while but all she wanted was my home cooking. I wish I didn't need anything from anyone. I guess that's what its like for rich people. 🤔

Edited by watalife

On 4/19/2021 at 2:01 PM, watalife said:

I wish I didn't need anything from anyone. I guess that's what its like for rich people. 🤔

No need to be rich per se, just self-sufficient (or financially independent). Still, the problem is that we always need something from someone, whether it be food, clothing, Internet, medical help, car repair, etc. It's pretty much impossible to be truly self-sufficient nowadays, and it doesn't sound like much fun to be so anyway...

I never expected it to be fun.  The loner that wants to hide away from everyone is done.  However it is hiding away here is better than going out there they say.  Every time I go out I'm gritting my teeth I mean my gums.  Maybe that's what will keep people away.  Everyone that stops by it will be like the South Park episode here comes gummy bears!

I still cant believe that if I had just not went to the dentist not worried about my teeth not let that man touch or even look at me that i would still have those 2 teeth. They were 2 together and they were not bothering me or visibly discolored or breaking, I just wanted to do something I hadn't done in a while that would save any bad teeth. They told me they would all fall out in a couple years (2015) and it's 2021 and the only ones that have came out are the 2 he drilled into. One he put a big hole right in the middle and filled it but it came straight out in no time. Why do we listen to other people telling us what we should do. I hate being so uninformed about everything and realizing how dum I am for trusting anyone. Parents please teach your kids about dental and thinking it's no big deal. Im glad I'm not interested in people so I don't have to care what they think but I do have to eat. I'm not letting any doctor do anything to me ever again. 

Edited by watalife

On 4/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, watalife said:

Why do we listen to other people telling us what we should do. I hate being so uninformed about everything and realizing how dum I am for trusting anyone. Parents please teach your kids about dental and thinking it's no big deal. Im glad I'm not interested in people so I don't have to care what they think but I do have to eat. I'm not letting any doctor do anything to me ever again. 

When I was young(er), I thought doctors could do no wrong. Later on I realized they're just like everyone else in making mistakes. Also, they might do a shoddy job, but you might not even know it, thinking that the pain and other aftereffects are to be expected. The human body tends to compensate and heal itself over time.

Eek. I've just been browsing facebook. I haven't done that in ages. It really sucks when you see people you know doing all of the things with their lives that you wanted to do but haven't been able to because you have been bogged down in abuse and mental health issues and just trying to survive.. Ugh.

Edited by Nightjar