The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

Almost got hit twice today. Once on foot and the other by car. Somethings not right or the world is overpopulated. Is it overpopulated where you live or just here. The world is getting to big for its britches. Every road every street every highway every store busy busy busy. Where is it not busy?

11 hours ago, watalife said:

Almost got hit twice today. Once on foot and the other by car. Somethings not right or the world is overpopulated. Is it overpopulated where you live or just here. The world is getting to big for its britches. Every road every street every highway every store busy busy busy. Where is it not busy?

Overpopulation is certainly happening, but I think the root cause is something else. All I can say is that many people out there driving are not qualified to operate a vehicle on the road.

In the areas where I walk, there are a number of "hot spots" that really make this apparent. For example, one classic of a crosswalk reveals somewhat frighteningly how so many drivers will look one way while turning the other... straight into a pedestrian. Over the years, I nearly got run over too many times to count.

I see it as ridiculous even for me.  I got my driver's license at 18 which was 24 years ago and that's apparently the only time I'm going to have to prove I can drive a car in my life.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by sober4life

For new DFers, I'm old, retired, no friends, family or pets, and I try and entertain myself.  My interior monologues are sometimes responses to tv news of political skullduggery, with both parties accusing the other of of profound hypocrisy, and of trying to cancel their America. 

Most of my musings start with "god dammit, why the hell . . . . ...........

And end with ".... "mothra forkers"🤠

I think others are having similar conversations with their TVs.

I've had one covid shot, and that's enough for my icon to take the mask off safely.

best, Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

The news stations the ones that pretend to be bitter enemies on tv that came up with this scheme to keep us fighting to keep the charade going and the money rolling in.  How much do they believe what they're saying?  Ask the ones that have gone from one side to the other side and stuck to the script for each side when they're on the screen.  I am glad you got the shot @Bulgakov❤️

They're doing just that, following the script...

Good morning, welcome to the blue network, the red politicians are stoopid heads...

Good afternoon, welcome to the red network, the blue politicians are morons...

We all tell the troof, honest!

+------------------------+

Got my 2nd shot this morning and my gal got her fitst shot. We'll see how it goes.

Olympic History

The classic Greek states would call a halt to wars among them, to hold the Olympic games.  Athenian and Spartan athletes could be stabbing each other one day, and running a foot race with them the next.  You would be competing against regulation citizens, and those of royalty, or high office.  The practice predated the Athenian revolution and democracy.  Historians believe the games contributed to revolutionary sentiments by allowing people to see they were the equals of their rulers and governors. 

So "ironic" fits here when looking at the cancellations of the games over modern years.  It's the athletes at the highest levels who pay for the problems.  Not that social and moral issues should be ignored, anytime, around the clock, around the globe.  

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Apparently there were people who survived both atomic bombings in Japan. One guy was in Hiroshima when the first bomb dropped, then went on a business trip to Nagasaki just in time to take on the second bomb. If this were me, I'd probably think the world was ending, as opposed to merely attributing it to my bad luck.

Life really is like the animal shows I see on tv.  As far as the animals go I watch them all day and they are a million times more peaceful than people.  It shows what life is like to be a person though.  When you're on your own there's constantly people lurking around noticing your situation feeding you a line of bull trying to take advantage of you.  There always seems to be predators waiting watching in the distance waiting for their chance to pounce.

It amazes me in today's world when a show calls someone with a question and they even say if you have wifi you can even look it up and they end the call with I don't know.  This whole thing was setup for weeks or months.  Sit at the library when they tell you they're going to call if you don't have internet.  Do anything to make sure you're in front of the internet for the call.🙄

Edited by sober4life

8 hours ago, watalife said:

Whoever said cats sleep 18hrs a day is a dam liar. They must have drugged there cats because I've never seen it.

From what I've seen most cats are very active.  My last cat was like the guy on the couch from half baked.  The only reason he left the couch was to eat.  He would just lay on the couch and hiss and scratch anyone that tried to pet him.  Fun times!:coophelp:

1 hour ago, watalife said:

I can't believe they let the cat get this overweight. It just seems disgusting and sad. There poor little bodies aren't meant to be that big. Dam ignorant people everywhere I go. I'm fat too but im not a cat. 

So sadly the cat is probably giving you trouble because it's used to eating part of whatever the last owners ate and now you're feeding him right.  Once they know those other foods exist it's very hard to get them back to where they should be.

Age increases steadily from year to year, but 'aging' happens relatively fast.  In the words of Warren Zevon on his last album, "The s### that used to work, don't work now."  That's aging.

Another part is memory.  I have a good memory for events I relate to narratives, or stories.  I'm familiar with short term memory loss all the way from "chemo head" that occurs--and normally clears up--after a course of chemotherapy to, the classic but short lived effects of cannabis.  (Yes, if you stay stoned you can end up with ongoing short term effects.) 🤠

I noticed my age-related short term tricks only two to three years ago.  If you multitask, you might think it's like that.  And well, kinda it is.  In the case of classic multitasking, you are actually holding in mind several or more things or tasks to do, while focusing on one at a time.  Nowadays I sometimes forget what task or thought I'm considering; and I move on to something I can  work at until I remember what I was thinking  about.  It's like multitasking in the dark maybe.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

If no one calls by my birthday I will not care because I don't like running around at night and I've already bought myself lots of gifts. And I can go to any restuarant on my own and pay for it myself. It's Wednesday and still no plans have been made. Lol

19 minutes ago, watalife said:

If you took a vacation from whatever ...would you stay home or go somewhere? ( trip. Fun park. Event)

Oh, definitely go somewhere. Since I got mini lion I haven't had a single holiday 🙄 I'd love to stay in a country hotel for a couple of weeks with top notch food and cozy rooms and go exploring on day trips most days.. Have plenty of chillax time too. 

I wouldn't want to do it on my own though. How about you wata? 🤔 What would you like to do? 

Edited by Nightjar

@Nightjar long distance shopping I guess or go somewhere close to home. 1. I don't have a car to drive long distance 2. The people I know wouldn't want to pay their way 3. No one else drives 4.or they just don't want to go period (can't leave house)  I could go somewhere but it would be up to me to make it happen. No one every picks me up and takes me anywhere. Everyone needs a ride 🙉

@watalife

I think we should all do what we can, while we can. We need our good times to get us through the hard times. I say, go for it and do something you will enjoy.

If it's alone, it still counts and it can still be fun 👍 I find it a good confidence boost to do things by myself...Also, I find I usually chat with others at some point. I do find it possible to enjoy activities alone 🙆‍♀️

If I had the cash and a good babysitter for mini lion I would definitely go away for a few days by myself 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

If it's alone, it still counts and it can still be fun 👍

Riot on NJ!  Being alone is being alone with your thoughts, so you have to have an outlook, a perspective that somehow allows light to shine through sometimes.  Many "Survivor" contestants fail when, left alone, they feel their past thoughts beginning to gain on them.  You need to still find reasons to laugh when you're alone, and reasons to think straight.

Sitting Bulgakov