The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

Suppose that this subforum at this time was your only means of communication with the outside world. Also suppose you're experiencing a life-threatening emergency. What could you write here, if anything, to get someone to send help, such as calling 911 for you? Just saying you're serious or it's not a joke doesn't seem like enough.

8 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Suppose that this subforum at this time was your only means of communication with the outside world. Also suppose you're experiencing a life-threatening emergency. What could you write here, if anything, to get someone to send help, such as calling 911 for you? Just saying you're serious or it's not a joke doesn't seem like enough.

It's not the best place to call for help in an emergency because people log on and look through different posts sporadically. Sometimes it can get very quiet....... 

You'd have to be very specific about where you were so that one of us could get help to you. Someone would respond I'm certain, but it wouldn't be a fast response 🤔

12 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It's not the best place to call for help in an emergency because people log on and look through different posts sporadically. Sometimes it can get very quiet....... 

Certainly... it's only a hypothetical question. I'm just wondering what it would take to make me decide that someone is serious and to follow up as needed. I guess everyone has their own threshold or trigger for this, but maybe there's something universal.

39 minutes ago, watalife said:

Meow meow meow meow, 🎶meow meow meow meow, 🎶MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW 🎶MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW🎶

Are you singing the meow mix commercial?  I would love to get a cat suit and sing that in random crowded places like go to the food court at the mall at lunch time and jump up on one of the tables and sing the jingle and then jump down and leave without saying anything.

I still go on in person spending sprees.  Why?  I do it for it the feeling and I don't get that same feeling buying online.  Like today you can't beat the look on someone's face when you're buying the complete series of ALF and Mama's Family at 7:30.😂😂😂

This time of year waking up hearing the birds outside makes this place feel like a much more hopeful place.  It so hard getting through the winter looking out at all the trees and everything looks dead out there.  Everything comes to life this time of year and makes me feel a lot better.

On 3/10/2021 at 5:09 AM, watalife said:

It's Easter basket season! Anyone else getting creative? 🐰🐇🌼

I remember the first time I got a chocolate bunny. I was a naive kid, so I thought the whole thing was solid chocolate. My reality changed when I discovered that it's just a chocolate shell filled with air. I think this was the first time I started seeing the world as not all good and perhaps even hopelessly evil for pulling something as viciously nasty as this.

I think everyone figures out the world.  The older people get they become more bitter and angry and disgusted with everything.  You become afraid of everything and everyone.  A lot of us are happy as children but we slowly figure out everything around us and by the end we can't wait to get out of here.

As for shopping, I have over 300 items in my Amazon shopping cart.  I can spend hours debating "keep?" or "delete?"  Or looking for something else I don't need but wouldn't mind having.

Another reason I like online shopping is that I DON'T HAVE TO DEPEND ON MY WALMART OR KROGER OR ALDI OR WHOEVER to have what I liked the last time but cannot find again.  (I feel so pissed and disappointed that I made the trip to the store out of faith in a vendor to keep it stocked (*#$%#@@!!!)).  Shopping online, I'm nearly always assured that I'll find it, if not in one online store, then another, and I don't have to run around town looking in one store after another.  Disappointment is far more exhausting than going from store to store looking for s h i t  I'm not going to find.

They say people are crazy that see things that aren't there but I think some things really are there and that evil is all around. And I'm not just talking crazy. No wonder people clench on to God so tightly.

Edited by watalife
E instead i