The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

23 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

"dont b foold by fake news, trumps gonna be prez 4 more years"

Is it too much to ask for intelligent discourse expressed in proper English?

It's one of those things where you wonder was it a mistake or was it done on purpose to get people talking like the Starbucks cup on Game of Thrones.  Of course they did that on purpose to get people talking.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's one of those things where you wonder was it a mistake or was it done on purpose to get people talking like the Starbucks cup on Game of Thrones.  Of course they did that on purpose to get people talking.

Never underestimate the "power" of human illiteracy. 

What would the world be like without our smartphones? Would it be worse because people wouldn't have anything to occupy there time or would people be happier and healthier? I'm about to turn my phone off I think it's sad to be on here all day.

28 minutes ago, watalife said:

What would the world be like without our smartphones? Would it be worse because people wouldn't have anything to occupy there time or would people be happier and healthier? I'm about to turn my phone off I think it's sad to be on here all day.

Of course we would be happier and healthier without it.  Having is like having endless drugs in our pockets.  The brain is like a puzzle though.  If we take away that piece of the puzzle the brain will suggest other things to fill that space.  Do we need it?  No we were fine before it started replacing real life experiences.

2 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

"Trump explodes at Nixon comparisons as he prepares to leave office"  (CNN) 

Hahaha compared to Dump, Nixon was a statesman. 

Ok that was the funniest thing I've read so far in this whole tragedy called Trump...

Agree wholeheartedly too!

59 minutes ago, watalife said:

Oh we'd have dumb phones instead. Motorola, Nokia and the like would have  seen to that. 

Oh wait.. they ARE dumb phones. Silly me. 

Edited by samadhiSheol

I have higher self esteem now.  I have no problem whatsoever being myself.  Flip phones forever for me.  Maybe I'll even switch to consumer cellular.  Nobody has the nerve to say anything in real life.  On the internet people fight all the time.  In real life I could dress like a rabbit for a month and only get a few comments from people.

1 hour ago, watalife said:

Yes we would be happier. We've gotten too connected in my opinion. We're creating the Matrix. The hardware tech companies are the enablers. The scary ones are the online companies like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc... Their tracking and predictive systems are dangerous and serve to manipulate the public. As was noted in that movie about Google, we are the product. Google and Facebook and the like sell us to the companies peddling their products. Marketing has gotten so out of hand it's ridiculous.

I don't use my smartphone to read forums and newsgroups. Don't play video games on it. Don't watch movies on it. It's a handy tool I use for phone calls, text messages, calendar, camera, navigation, logging meals and workouts. Other than that it sits on the table doing nothing.

Any internet I do on my desktop or laptop and only for a limited time each day.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, watalife said:

I agree too often people use a smartphone as a substitute for real life.  But the ready access to important information can save lives.

Smartphones are like any 'tool'.  A hammer is invaluable while building a house to provide shelter and a home.  However, a hammer can also be used to beat a person's head in and k*ll him.  

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

The hammer doesn't constantly beg you to come back though with strategic updates that they know will make you emotional like a status update from an ex lover or something like that.

Unfortunately true.  

From The Matrix:

This is father.  A human battery pod has been diagnosed with Covid.  All other cells in the mind gobbling fields of  pod people will continue to isolate--😉 AI joke.  Stay in your pod, and live virtually.  Also, some of the political programs have gone rogue and developed attitude. 

Edited by Bulgakov

There's this one commercial that's stayed around much longer than most commercials on TV.  A slim young brunette in a slinky clingy top walks toward the camera saying something like:  "Have you been told you can't get fast Internet?  Well now you can." 

I must have watched it a hundred times . . . what's that commercial about anyway?

Bulga

Edited by Bulgakov

16 minutes ago, watalife said:

Why do so many women black there eyes out with makeup? A little bit is good but the whole eye 😬

Is it because they're trying to hide a flaw, or wrinkles, just don't know how to put it on right for their face?

I'm kinda curious too. Done right makeup looks great and lets you gals get different looks depending on the color schemes you use. My gal goes easy most of the time and honestly I really like the Urban Decay makeup. They have some awesome colors.