The Post Anything Thread #4

6 hours ago, watalife said:

Why would a manager make some employees work and let others get away with doing nothing. Personally I think it's disgusting. 

Well it's because they have no ability to manage.  They just know if things go the way they always do things work out maybe.  You're probably like me when you work you're a worker.  You have to do a good job.  Most people seem to purposefully do just enough to not get fired.  I can't live with myself being that way so when I have a job they try to make me do it all.

@sober4life - Agreed!

Poor manager skills. Probably shouldn't be a manager in the first place. More than likely the next one in line to get the job, even though they shouldn't get it. They're also pawns just like you and me. Their job is to do the dirty work the higher level management don't want to deal with. You also have the issue of people threatening to sue the company if they get fired. So managers are really careful and usually afraid to fire someone without ridiculously large amounts of issues to back it up. It's easier for them to let the people who will work hard cover it. Sadly another example of how f'd up our society is...

On a positive note. There are plenty of good managers out there who really do care and try but even their hands can be tied sometimes. I've had more good than bad, but it's close.

25 minutes ago, watalife said:

I should have never got another cat. It causes me alot of stress worrying about them. They are nice to have but not to base your whole life's happiness on.

Hey babe, I completely get this. I adore my cat but she's so high maintenance it's like having a baby.

It's not so easy when you live alone with a kitten or high maintenance cat. There is no-one else to step in and take care of them if you want to do something away from home or if you're going to be late home. Also, finding the money for vet bills when you are on your own can be tough. 

The worrying, I get that too. We are 100% responsible for their happiness and health. I feel guilty if I have no energy to play with mini lion and I worry about her health a lot. 

After 5 years building a relationship with mini lion I can't abandon her now. She is literally my baby. But if you feel you can't cope your little one is young and healthy enough to adapt to a new owner really well I think 🤔

I sometimes wonder why I got another cat.... Especially such a high maintenance one. I am skint and really should get out more. Also, I love to explore and travel more than anything. This is almost impossible for me now. I wouldn't trust anyone to care for mini lion 😬 She relies on me to such a big extent. I only leave her for four/five hours max at the moment 😬

51 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I love animals but the fact is they have automatic feeders that can hold a week's worth of food and litter boxes.  You still can have a cat and also live whatever life you want outside of the house. 

My cat would be extremely stressed if I did this. She wouldn't live long 😬 

18 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

My cat would be extremely stressed if I did this. She wouldn't live long 😬 

Ok and my response to this is I've never seen a no cats allowed sign anywhere in my whole life.  Maybe we just assume we can't take cats places but honestly who doesn't like cats?🤔

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

Ok and my response to this is I've never seen a no cats allowed sign anywhere in my whole life.  Maybe we just assume we can't take cats places but honestly who doesn't like cats?🤔

I like your thinking but unfortunately my cat was traumatised as a kitten and finds different things and places very stressful so this wouldn't really work either. 

I probably will spend more time away from home if I manage to get a job 😬but I dont think it's fair on any creature to be left alone all day and night with no way of fending for themselves 🤔

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I like your thinking but unfortunately my cat was traumatised as a kitten and finds different things and places very stressful so this wouldn't really work either. 

I probably will spend more time away from home if I manage to get a job 😬but I dont think it's fair on any creature to be left alone all day and night with no way of fending for themselves 🤔

😀

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

That's the problem.  It's always been my problem here.  This place seems much different than real life but is it?  There are certainly people here that I would trust to watch my pet when I'm at work so those kinds of people must exist out in the real world as well. 

Just now, watalife said:

They are nice to have but not to base your whole life's happiness on.

Good one wata.  Seems to apply to everything.  Aristotle would agree with you.  The nature of happiness was one of the earliest discussions in Western philosophy.  Aristotle thought happiness was achieved by a collection, an aggregate of many conditions in a life, but his teacher, Plato thought that happiness was a state of being,  a state which approached an "ideal", perfect, happiness that existed in perfect form somewhere or other.  The more you approached that ideal form, the happier you got. 

Plato sounds like a Hindu.  Aristotle sounds familiar.  Western philosophy has always observed, then broken things into component parts to understand them.   It's what the politicians--and all of us too--and the media do day after day until the solutions get mired in complexity.  Heaven and earth have been explained by interactions of sub atomic particles.  Just rambling.

Bulgakov

Yeah that's me constantly trying to get to the ideal perfect happiness.  You never enjoy the now though and never reach that perfect place even though you might have been there all along.  Not a chance of knowing it though.  At this point I'm always trying to get somewhere else because I try to hold onto the illusion that there is a such thing as happiness for me.  I just haven't gotten there yet.  Kurt Cobain summed up me perfectly though she should have died when she was born.  My life has been exactly like Sam Kinison showed Al Bundy on the Chrismas episode as an angel.  Everyone really would have been better off if I was never born.

I think having to keep going when you don't want to go is so death defying. Having to coexist with people you don't like or people you would never hang out with is also very unsettling. I don't know what I'm saying but I have to go to work soon when all I want to do is work on projects and look for a few Christmas gifts. 🎄😭😭😥🎁 I'm only working part time and I still can't get anything done. I can barely get out of bed.

Edited by watalife

On 12/18/2020 at 3:52 AM, sober4life said:

The mouse is back in the house again.  I know how they get in now the obvious big hole on the outside of the house the dryer vent.

I thought rats can get in through a hole the size of a quarter. Or at least this seems to be an oft-repeated truism.

When I was 8 or so, I caught a mouse once to keep as a pet. I didn't see a difference between it and the hamster I had. Unfortunately, the mouse escaped. Come to think of it, every hamster I ever had also escaped eventually. I don't know what it's like to see a hamster grow old and die.

11 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

I thought rats can get in through a hole the size of a quarter. Or at least this seems to be an oft-repeated truism.

When I was 8 or so, I caught a mouse once to keep as a pet. I didn't see a difference between it and the hamster I had. Unfortunately, the mouse escaped. Come to think of it, every hamster I ever had also escaped eventually. I don't know what it's like to see a hamster grow old and die.

Well all the mouse has to do is climb in the vent and push the dryer hose out of the way enough to get into the wall and he's in.  He's welcome here any time he wants to be here.  He'll eventually jump up on the couch and watch tv with me I'm sure like the hamsters I had.  I put hamsters in their cage to sleep when I had them but for the most part let them run free during the day.  There is no difference between the two.  The world likes to pick and choose what is cute and what is scary.  

Edited by sober4life

47 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Well all the mouse has to do is climb in the vent and push the dryer hose out of the way enough to get into the wall and he's in.  He's welcome here any time he wants to be here.

I do understand the 'live and let live' sentiment.  However, it could become a problem if 'he' turns out to be 'she', and 'she' has a litter of babies inside your house.  😒

6 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

I do understand the 'live and let live' sentiment.  However, it could become a problem if 'he' turns out to be 'she', and 'she' has a litter of babies inside your house.  😒

I doubt that will happen.  I'm here alone.  That won't happen until the next time family stays here for a couple of weeks.  What you're saying did happen when my brother stayed here for a while after mom passed away.  Honestly I'm fine with it.  It's a warm place for them.

5 hours ago, watalife said:

What if you were born with a mentality or personality that nobody liked? You couldn't help it because it was the way you were. And you didn't really care if they liked you either. Is this you? or what do you think? Lol

That's how it seems to me. Unfortunately, unless we're self-sufficient, we sort of have to care enough to get by and, say, get a job, not get fired, etc. It's just a matter of pragmatism in this society.

One day maybe I can save up enough or otherwise become self-sufficient, at least enough to go off and live like a hermit.

16 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

That's how it seems to me. Unfortunately, unless we're self-sufficient, we sort of have to care enough to get by and, say, get a job, not get fired, etc. It's just a matter of pragmatism in this society.

One day maybe I can save up enough or otherwise become self-sufficient, at least enough to go off and live like a hermit.

I keep trying to get to self-sufficient.  Every single problem I have that I have to ask for help I watch the person and learn how to do what they're doing and try to get the tools I need to do it.