The Post Anything Thread #4

I think I will try to a point up to a certain age and then say I'm going to do whatever I want until the end of this life.  What can they really do to me that is worse than my life already.  I can certainly imagine other people feeling that way especially this year.

@anon22ae

I never was accepted by any cliques my whole life during my school years, even online as well. People just don't accept me for what I like, my interests, beliefs,  opinions and vewis on things. I'm  happy to not be labeled as something since I never like lables in general. I'm  truly my 100% self all the time, you either like me or you don't. I don't care what people think of me anyone. I like what I like, dress how I want and ect. I'm  always and willl forever be my true authentic self and will never change for no person. 

18 hours ago, sober4life said:

I think I will try to a point up to a certain age and then say I'm going to do whatever I want until the end of this life.  What can they really do to me that is worse than my life already.  I can certainly imagine other people feeling that way especially this year.

This reminds me of the poem 'Warning' by Jenny Joseph.  You might like its sentiment.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yes and like the end of it I'm practicing a little of it now so people aren't shocked or maybe I've always been practicing.:unsure:

I'm practicing now too 😄 I always believed I'd be happier later on in life. I'm definitely getting more forthright as I get older.. Speaking up and not taking crap from people. I'm already living a life far from the norm and I look forward to expanding on that 😁 I plan on being a mad old bat, happy as a badger, free to do do whatever, whenever 👍 and unconcerned about other people's opinion. 

Non-judgemental people only need apply to be my friend and that can only be a good thing 😉

R.I.P., the Squigman, "Squiggy", David Lander, passed away at 73 yesterday.  I always enjoyed the joking intros that Laverne or Shirley would say just before Lenny and Squig entered the scene.  One would say something unrelated like ,  " . . . two of the ugliest bugs on the block . . . " and you would hear Squiggy or Lenny, "Helllooo," as the two breezed into the room.  It got to the point I could tell they were coming by the setup line.  Good sitcom. 

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

Ok so they want us to say hello or speak to everyone we pass by at work.  So if i pass by 100 people i have to say something 100 times. How about 50 hellos and how are yous. This seems like a rule not a general interest in the person you are speaking to. 

40 minutes ago, watalife said:

Ok so they want us to say hello or speak to everyone we pass by at work.  So if i pass by 100 people i have to say something 100 times. How about 50 hellos and how are yous. This seems like a rule not a general interest in the person you are speaking to. 

I couldn't do it I would have to quit.  My communication skills are a lot better than they used to be but to me saying hello implies that I'm happy to see them and I just can't do that.

3 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Just go around with a smile and greet everyone with a "Phatic good day!" or "A big phatic how are ya to ya!"

If you want the people at work to leave you alone, greet them with a friendly remark that makes no sense.  "A picnic would be nice!"  "Purple is a poor color choice for a ceiling." "Bluegrass needs more watering than most other lawn types."

I am willing to bet they will start avoiding you, and you will no longer have to worry about 'greeting' your coworkers.   🤣

I'm neurotic so I would probably make it my mission to get away with not saying hello as much as I possibly could and even when confronted about it would deny it.  I would play the game until the end insisting I said hello to everyone.  Of course it would be easier to just say hello but you know how it goes.

Edited by sober4life

On 12/8/2020 at 9:15 AM, jkd_sd said:

If you want the people at work to leave you alone, greet them with a friendly remark that makes no sense.  "A picnic would be nice!"  "Purple is a poor color choice for a ceiling." "Bluegrass needs more watering than most other lawn types."

I am willing to bet they will start avoiding you, and you will no longer have to worry about 'greeting' your coworkers.   🤣

I pretty much forgot what it's like to see people at work. Occupied offices, people in the hallways, a busy lunchroom... all have become sort of distant concepts nowadays. This could well be permanent and the "new normal," given the shift to work from home. I guess that's a silver lining of COVID?

3 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

I pretty much forgot what it's like to see people at work. Occupied offices, people in the hallways, a busy lunchroom... all have become sort of distant concepts nowadays. This could well be permanent and the "new normal," given the shift to work from home. I guess that's a silver lining of COVID?

I think it's businesses taking advantage of this time and doing what they've wanted to do for a long time putting as much of their business online as possible but we will get to a point where it will go too far and we'll say where is everyone going to work?

8 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I think it's businesses taking advantage of this time and doing what they've wanted to do for a long time putting as much of their business online as possible but we will get to a point where it will go too far and we'll say where is everyone going to work?

Could be. Maybe we'll go back to pre-Industrial Revolution times, when work from home was the norm. Most people had no workplace to go to, such as factories or office buildings. Nowadays we're seeing that the old ways could be fine.

4 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

Could be. Maybe we'll go back to pre-Industrial Revolution times, when work from home was the norm. Most people had no workplace to go to, such as factories or office buildings. Nowadays we're seeing that the old ways could be fine.

Yeah this way could be better.  Maybe we're all figuring out we're not as social as we claim to be.  We're more comfortable staying at home and really only comfortable with our small circle of regular people in our lives.  We all scream and jump up when someone comes up the driveway saying oh no who's that.

I was just thinking of an old country western tune, and playing it in my head.  It's called "May The Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose."  They don't make a lot of "comic" or novelty songs now.  For several decades songs like "Please Mr. Custer"  "One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater" "Guitarzan" and "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" had a fleeting shot at the top ten. 

Things are much touchier now.  If a deejay plays "Grandma Got Run Over . . ."  he'll get calls from grandmothers, and the benevolent protectors of the reindeer; and maybe grandmothers feel they can watch out for themselves, and the reindeer do need protecting.  People are just too snake bit from cultural identity crises to feel wacky.

Bulgakov