The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

Can someone please tell me what is going on. People are lying and disappearing with no explanation. If convicted felons have work programs then there should be work for me. I'm not a felon but I feel like one. 🤷

Edited by watalife

36 minutes ago, watalife said:

Can someone please tell me what is going on. People are lying and disappearing with no explanation. If convicted felons have work programs then there should be work for me. I'm not a felon but I feel like one. 🤷

Sorry I can't be of any help wata. I don't know much about living in America. 

All I can say is, sorry that you can't find work right now. I really want a job too.. I feel like I need to move first though. 

After that, I'm guessing if might not be so easy for me to find work with so many people out of work due to covid but the best I can do is to keep trying 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Nightjar

2 hours ago, watalife said:

I don't know what it's like where you're at.  When I need a job I go to a temporary agency.  Usually they hire anyone that walks in the door and half the time you will be working within a day or two.  Yes it's very hard work usually like factory work but it's something.

@sober4life I've did that before in the past and as soon as I do the paperwork and wait for 1 hour they say they don't have anything that would work for me. If I'm so crazy why didn't I get approved for a check. No one should have to be in this mess if they dont even want to be  alive.

Now I know why I spent all those years working 40 hours a week skipping all family gatherings birthdays and whatever else because family don't give a dam about you. And if they don't really care why would I care. Now that I'm out of work and in one of the worst depressions I've had ( I've had about 2 3 or 4) there is still no one there. I will never refer to family again once I get out if this or 'if' I do. It will be work work work then on my death bed or floor. 

On 11/10/2020 at 4:54 AM, sober4life said:

Yes it's very hard work usually like factory work but it's something.

Is there still factory work in your country? Thought all of them have moved to China/Southeast/South Asia because those countries have no minimum wage laws. 

6 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Is there still factory work in your country? Thought all of them have moved to China/Southeast/South Asia because those countries have no minimum wage laws. 

Yeah the world the politician that wants to raise minimum wage seems like the good guy but in reality he will take jobs away from the area.  The reason he wants to raise minimum wage is probably because he makes money from overseas companies.  He has a nice smile though so he must be a nice guy.

"I looked out on the throw outside of my window
Outside there wasn't anything nice to see
I wanted things to smell, like meadows not like hell
Dying dandelions and bumble bees
I looked out at the throw outside of my window
Outside there wasn't anything nice to see
I wanted things to smell, like meadows not like hell
Dying dandelions and bumble bees"

Sleaford Mods - Mork n Mindy

"You only die once
You'll never come back
You're gone when you're gone
So, love what you can
You only die once
You'll never come back
You're gone when you're gone
So, love what you can" 

Idles - Carcinogenic

Bleak I know, but thanks to these tracks I am not as *****d up atm. 

Lemur Followup

There's a ring-tailed lemur named Maki in my photo album.  Someone recently tried to kidnap him from the SF zoo, and he escaped from his captors, etc.  Coincidentally, a lemur documentary came on tv so I watched.  Googled then a little. 

They're amazing primates, and some--primates--like the ring-tailed lemur and the golden lion marmoset, look like they just leapt from a Dr. Seuess page.  Of 90 to 100 known lemur species, all live on the small island of Madagascar.  And to a species they're all on the endangered species list because of creeping habitat loss.  You could write you congressman, or have a car wash to raise awareness, but seriously nothing will help the lemurs. 

It seems very sad, but that may be because we're in the peculiar position of being aware of these global changes like no one before us.  From Google:  "Scientists estimate that at least 99.9 percent of all species of plants and animals that ever lived are now extinct."  I've heard that before.  That includes many human species. 

Most of history, the only way you'd notice if an animal species was dying out was if it had been a part of your diet, or you a part of its. 

We get more information than we can handle I think, more than we can juggle into meaning.  "Well, I'll be a ring-tailed lemur," used to mean something to people. 🤠

Bulgakov

On 11/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, samadhiSheol said:

I can't bare the stupidity anymore. 

We are so lost even google can't find us anymore. 

Humanity is it's own enemy. We haven't a chance in hell. 

Yeah I don't think people see what's coming.  It's so scary feeling like the only one that sees what's really going on around me most of the time.  We're all on a big ship headed straight for a huge iceberg and most of the people on board are pointing at the ice saying look how shiny and pretty it is.

2 hours ago, watalife said:

Why would 2 pieces of wood the same size and type weigh differently? 🤠

Bugs like ants or termites sometimes eat the wood.  The wood might be eaten hollow.  One of the trees I took down this year it had an outside shell but that's about it.  The ants destroyed it.

7 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

@sober4life has one good explanation.  Another possibility is difference in density due to different growing conditions while the wood was being formed.

Wow I never thought of that.  An oak tree here might be completely different somewhere across the country.  It makes me think of that show on now Kiss The Ground talking about the soil.

@jkd_sd  I figured that was it. I just can't believe the difference in appearance as well. I went to the competitor across the street this time. After staining and glossing you wouldn't believe how beautiful. Wowza! What the neck are they selling at the other store because it was flat and dull with no grain appearance. 🤠

19 minutes ago, watalife said:

@jkd_sd  I figured that was it. I just can't believe the difference in appearance as well. I went to the competitor across the street this time. After staining and glossing you wouldn't believe how beautiful. Wowza! What the neck are they selling at the other store because it was flat and dull with no grain appearance. 🤠

Oh I thought you were trying to find wood for your wood burner.  Finding good wood at stores is tough.  It's a lot of junk with knots and it's warped a lot of the time too.  I need to get into some projects myself.  No way I can sit here all winter!

@sober4life I saw this idea online and I can't believe I didn't know of it sooner. It's really great for passing the time but it takes money. Once I'm done I will be thinking of something else to do.  I hope I'm happy when finished but I know I will be on to my next distraction.

Edited by watalife