The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

4 hours ago, watalife said:

Happy Halloween ghost and goblins 

👽

🎃🎃

🎃🎃🎃🎃

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

👻👻👻👻

☠️☠️☠️

🕸️🕸️

🕷️

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 

Could you imagine having 2 kids and a husband with enough many to do whatever you want and still having time to interfere with other peoples lives who are lot less fortunate and have physical and mental issues. Get a life!

Edited by watalife

18 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

Here's a suggestion: Why not pick a president by having every citizen submit the top 10 people they want to be president? They can be any people at all. Then we tally it all up and pick the one chosen most often in the top spots.

Sure sounds good.  Let's be honest as is we're given the choices that they want in and too many of us say I guess I'll pick that one because of party.  Half the time we don't even know anything about them.  They come out of nowhere sometimes!  It almost feels like the voting on tv singing shows or talent shows where they manipulate us into voting for the winner and in the end we think we made the choice but did we really?

Edited by sober4life

Sadly it has been picking the one you dislike less than the other. Most of their commercials are about how bad the other person is, not how good a job they can do and how they'l do it. Then the debate becomes nothing more than a comedy central roast, all insults, little actual information. Our political system has turned into a complete circus. And we're not alone... Look at many other countries and how their government works.

3 hours ago, anon22ae said:

The Here's a suggestion: Why not pick a president by having every citizen submit the top 10 people they want to be president? They can be any people at all. Then we tally it all up and pick the one chosen most often in the top spots.

Considering the mess we have made of the current process, this is a great idea.

In theory, the current election process should work.  Anyone interested in running the country, please raise your hand.  Thin out the entire group of volunteers to 2 - 3 of the best qualified, then every citizen vote for their pick between those.  But, with all the name calling, bad behavior, bickering, etc., ... the system is a mess!

Makes me wonder.  If we 'broke' one potentially workable election system, would we humans (read as 'idiots') just break the 'next' one too?

Have you ever thought you knew the most evil cruel person in the world. I mean awful, a person so bad you couldn't believe they were free to roam the streets and continue there bad behavior. A person that literally laughs out loud at others struggles and kicks animals out of there way. A person that ruins peoples whole lives. My only hope is that the saying ' what goes around... ' is true. Textbook criminal psycho who hasn't moved to the next level.

I've noticed that birds hit windows more often this time of year.  I watch birds a lot and I've noticed they don't fly like many people might think.  They conserve energy and let wind blow them as much as they can and it's more windy this time of year.  That's why this happens right?

@sober4life :

For birds, glass windows are worse than invisible. By reflecting foliage or sky, they look like inviting places to fly into. And because the sheer number of windows is so great, their toll on birds is huge. Up to about 1 billion birds die from window strikes in the U.S. each year...  from allaboutbirds.org.

It's not just windows though.  I think the reason I really started watching their behavior was when I would see them hit into the pine trees in the backyard.  This is a very windy place sometimes and they ride the wind currents and sometimes they can't stop from hitting the trees.

Things haven't changed much yet.  I was used to listening to experts and politicians detailing the minutiae of Covid, scandal, and culture.  Today I'm listening to election officials detailing the minutiae of balloting, and the politics of balloting, and of observing balloting . . .

I'm happy with the election results.  I've never been an extremist of any type.  I've never been far left or far right (though I lean left on some things and right on others)...always an independent.  But I voted for Biden because I really, really wanted Trump gone.  He had to go.  So I'm happy about that.   

Why is everyone playing games with me this week.? First it was a bad check from a family member, second I was told I had a job over a month ago but I can't start yet because of the computer system, third I was told by another job I could be rehired but they just sent a ' we're sorry'  email. No one's accountable for anything anymore, just run off at the mouth say whatever do whatever. Who do you believe? Why can't I just run off into the sunset and POOF! ☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁