The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

DF may as well be the pits of hell. We're all here screaming and reaching for help with no relief in sight. With new members being burned at the stake from the deafening silence of these forums. Let our imaginary gods save our souls. 😔

3 hours ago, watalife said:

DF may as well be the pits of hell. We're all here screaming and reaching for help with no relief in sight. With new members being burned at the stake from the deafening silence of these forums. Let our imaginary gods save our souls. 😔

If does seem quieter here. I can only guess at why this is the case during a time when mental health problems are skyrocketing 🤷‍♀️

Since so many people are losing their jobs, maybe they can't afford the Internet access any more? 

Or maybe because lots of folks have more people around them at this time, due to being made to stay at home, they therefore feel less need to reach out? 

Add to that, the epic task of home schooling on top of working from home coming into people's lives and lots of folks have a pretty hectic schedule which wouldn't leave much time for DF 😬

Could it be that we've also lost members to covid? 

Maybe all of the above? 

Anyway, wata, there are still people here and we do still support each other. Let's keep the faith and keep the support going here at DF. It's been a godsend for so many of us.. And helped us probably more than we know. :hugs:

Let's keep it going through this so that it will still be here when we come out on the other side. 👊

Edited by Nightjar

9 hours ago, watalife said:

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

If does seem quieter here. I can only guess at why this is the case during a time when mental health problems are skyrocketing 🤷‍♀️

COVID has a lot to do with it I am sure. Anxiety, uncertainty and of cause possibly being laid off from work, or even contracting the nasty side of covid. 

I can only speak for myself, but I am in no place to even attempt to offer any kind of solace when I don't see any hope myself. 

If I did say :"It will pass", or "it will get better eventually", anything like that, I just feel even more fake than usual and that I am spewing lies.

Just my two cents. 

Edited by samadhiSheol

28 minutes ago, samadhiSheol said:

I can only speak for myself, but I am in no place to even attempt to offer any kind of solace when I don't see any hope myself. 

If I did say :"It will pass", or "it will get better eventually", anything like that, I just feel even more fake than usual and that I am spewing lies.

Thanks for the input. 

I agree, I think it's important to be authentic. Why? Dunno. Just feels better 😂 Also, feels like I'm giving of myself and not just spewing some nonsense I'm making up to please others 😉

It's good to hear your side of things. I suffer from depression but I'm often in opposition to others here as I am a born optimist 😂 and always looking for the positive. I guess I am a walking contradiction and probably quite unusual. Sounds about right 😅 I try not to impose my attitude though I guess it probably slips through sometimes 🤷‍♀️

So, it's good to hear your reasoning for not trying to be falsely positive so that I can understand an opposite point of view. 

It's great when we can have constructive conversations like this where no one gets offended 👍

Edited by Nightjar

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

So, it's good to hear your reasoning for not trying to be falsely positive so that I can understand an opposite point of view. 

Optimism/pessimism.. Hrm. 

I definitely have a pessimistic outlook on life. But I believe there is a lot more going on regarding mental health than being either or.. Not that you are suggesting that, @Nightjar!

I subscribe to being.. No.. FEELING authentic.. God knows I rarely if ever feel "authentic". But yes I consider it important, perhaps it's even a (core) value?? 

Off topic somewhat, but I have been reading a book where the protagonist was ranting on about a friend who committed suicide. His theory was that there are no truly unhappy people.. Except the ones who fear to lose their respective( un) happiness. 

It struck a chord. I then remembered reading somewhere  that depression can be considered as form of masochism, where we beat ourselves up (sometimes physically too) in advance, in an effort to be in control of future setbacks and pain.. 

Go figure. Food for thought perhaps? 

Wow, this must worth at least four cents. Haha. 

It's great when we can have constructive conversations like this where no one gets offended 👍

Agreed. Forums like this should be places of respite, not sources of anxiety or adversity. 

My cat is not even 1 year old yet and he is already depressed and crazy insane. He hates being stuck in here he tries to climb the walls and looks up and down every corner looking for the way out. He hates this life he's been given. The cats on the outside don't look any happier if you ask me. Unless they are indoor/outdoor.

I like our current spam better than past spam.  They provide perfect facsimiles of id, including driver's license, and passport.  Their fabulous fakes are being used all over the world, the post says.  And "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaapido".

Bulgakov

6 hours ago, watalife said:

How much water should there be in the bottom of a dishwasher. Is it above the heating element or way below it? Google will not answer my question. 

What do you mean.  When it's done washing there shoudn't be any water in there anymore.:unsure:

1 hour ago, watalife said:

My cat is not even 1 year old yet and he is already depressed and crazy insane. He hates being stuck in here he tries to climb the walls and looks up and down every corner looking for the way out. He hates this life he's been given. The cats on the outside don't look any happier if you ask me. Unless they are indoor/outdoor.

If he is not quite a year old and psycho, it sounds like you are dealing with a kitty-teenager.  Imagine a hormone-fueled teenage human crossed with a sneaky, freaky, aloof cat; shake well; and get the h*ll out of the way!  The phase passes, but it is tough to survive.   You may want to consider tranquilizers for both you and the cat until it passes.   😉 😆  Good luck!

It's bad, real bad, but it's still one of the most interesting times in my history.  I watch a lot of news politics.  It doesn't make me mad.  Funny thing going on between the president and Fox.  They were tight, but there's friction now.  The president said there were good guys and bad at Fox now.  Within a few minutes he took time to acknowledge Laura Ingram of FOX in the audience.  "Oh, look, she's wearing a mask.  Never seen that before," the president added.  

I'll try and catch Laura's show later to see if she says anything.  Maybe I'm imagining things.

Yesterday's rally in PA--I think--the only thing I noticed was a blonde lady behind the president with a "Love Melania" sign, trying to get her hair right.

Bulgakov

I remember way back when I first joined DF I was always greeting new members and trying to help.  It actually made me feel good to do so, and I even made some friends.  Eventually I ended up on the DF staff for a while and enjoyed that too and made even more friends.  Then somewhere along the line I found that I had less and less to say.  My mind would go blank so I just stopped posting in the main forums altogether as I became much less social.  Sometimes I would stop coming to DF for long periods of time.  It's all kinda sad in a way.  But I'm still here after 7 years so DF means something to me even now, it would seem.    

The foods that we eat are not real. That is why we can't get full but we keep getting fatter. Because we're still hungry we keep eating. Whatever these chemicals are they are very fat enducing. Seems weird that foods that have no nutritional value would cause large weight gain.  First it was the water now its the food. Whatever is in all of these foods makes you fat as hell. How can there be so many big people and that become the new norm. 

Yeah the great pumkin has arrived!  Sure people will say that's just the weird drifter that shows up wearing the snowman costumes and the scarecrow costumes.  Look they say the head is a hollowed out nerf basketball and the suit is an old dirty orange blanket duct taped together but I'm not buying it.  Why?  The great pumpkin would never lie to me.🎃

Watching the president in PA again today, delivering speech.  Today is the first day he's sounded tired.  Way less than the explosive deliveries he's been doing, volume down.   He's my age, so I'm personally amazed at how much he goes and goes. 

No dog in the fight, Bulgakov

18 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I been kicking about here for at least 20 years, possibly longer 🤔 I've had three different names since I've been here but it's only been the last two years that I've been a regular poster. 

I've been here longer too.  I remember being here earlier.  There was a forum before this.  I think I originally came here in 2003 maybe.:unsure: