Jump to content
20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #4

Recommended Posts

I was trying to come up with a name for a social action group with attitude and thought of "See You In The Streets".   I didn't think about the acronym, and at first glance the letters didn't suggest anything, until I sounded them out.   That made me laugh. 

Who's that clamoring in the streets tonight dear.

Husband peeking between the blinds, I think it's the SYITS, hon.

Sighs, Ain't it though.

Bulgakov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sports are back in full swing. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, racing, and so on. They're doing it all for the fans because we need it. Has nothing to do with big $$$. Nope, just for the fans. Funny, it doesn't make me feel any better. Must just be me. I doubt it'll cause more Covid issues. Everyone will behave properly and wear masks and social distance. It appears that pigs have grown wings and fly now too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is looking for something to do for free, check out the e-resources of your local library. Mine has free subscriptions to a variety of e-learning websites (Lynda, creativebug, Gale). It also has a lot of free online newspaper and magazine subscriptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Sports are back in full swing. Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, racing, and so on. They're doing it all for the fans because we need it. Has nothing to do with big $$$. Nope, just for the fans. Funny, it doesn't make me feel any better. Must just be me. I doubt it'll cause more Covid issues. Everyone will behave properly and wear masks and social distance. It appears that pigs have grown wings and fly now too...

It's not just you.  I am a sports fan.  I couldn't wait for basketball to come back and I couldn't stick with it for more than a few days.  Their comebacks aren't doing well in the ratings.  Why because we needed an escape from everything going on and that's not happening.  It's not an escape from everything anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching an MMA match, and in commercial,  an announcement was made celebrating Hispanic Heritage month.  The auto "CC" closed caption read,  celebrating "piss panic"  heritage month.  I knew things were bad, but I didn't think we were commemorating it already. 

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 6:41 PM, sober4life said:

There's a 3 inch long wolf spider on the building.  You said you were happy to see spiders.  Here we are!😬

Now a brown spider on the building too.  So now I have 2 spider friends and these 5 finger puppet friends.  7 friends is pretty good.😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A convicted felon has a better chance at getting a job than I do. I wish I was a man so I could do construction,  landscaping or something not involving a register or food. I hate this life. It's quite lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, watalife said:

A convicted felon has a better chance at getting a job than I do. I wish I was a man so I could do construction,  landscaping or something not involving a register or food. I hate this life. It's quite lame.

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do either 🤷‍♀️ Not sure I could cope with wearing a mask all day 😳 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do either 🤷‍♀️ Not sure I could cope with wearing a mask all day 😳 

Fast food restaurants and retail are already bad enough.  You hate every moment you're there.  Customers treat you awful.  I can't imagine what the job is like now constantly having to tell customers that act like they hate you already you have to wear a mask or you're not social distancing.  I would be in a fight by the end of the first day because people will absolutely come into places like that and say I know you're new here and I'm going to make your first day miserable. 

Edited by sober4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...