The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

I'm serious.  If anyone says to me in real life I have to get tested that will be the last time they see me.  I'm never getting tested or getting a vaccine and I'm never letting anyone take my temperature again in my whole life.  I don't care if it's 50 years from now I'm not letting anyone take my temperature.

Do you think regular books will ever be collectors' items? Like, do you think someday an ordinary dictionary will be worth $1M to a rich auction addict with nothing better to spend his space-travel-business-money on? "Look, you have to use fingers to see what's next!"

Silver lining of the corona crisis: Less money spent on clothes, since I can easily wear socks with holes in them, torn underwear, and t-shirts that are ripped because of old age, not some sort of fashion statement. But I need to replace my shoes, because water has started to seep in through the bottom sole, despite that they are waterproof.

There just isn't any force out there that cares if we have good lives.  I was watching a nature show today about a certain bird's first flight.  The bird has to jump from a 1000 foot ledge for it's first flight knowing at the bottom on the ground is foxes and bigger birds that eat other birds waiting for it.  That seems to be life.:sniffle1:

That awkward and amusing moment when you choke on your soda cause you've got an irl relative named Josh.

Long story short, he was at my grandma's today and since my first thought upon hearing "Josh" is always Josh Dela Cruz (the current Blue's Clues host) I choked cause I thought he'd somehow stopped by.

I realized recently that I have no one ...not one person I can lean on.. someone who has my best interest in mind....someone to talk to ....  These past months with this stay at home thing has been just like any other day for me; nothing changed.. except that my anxiety grew to unbelievable heights. Sleep is hard, the day is hard....but the solitude has become even harder- even though its the same solitude...no tears are left,,,  depression pills don't work...  what family I have - they can only care so much as they have their own struggles- like everyone.. I feel I can not ask for help as I have asked for help for years now and the help does not really exist. I have to help myself- which I have always known I have to do-  I thought by asking for help,,, it was suppose to help somehow.. but It's just a Beatle song that I sing.... I have really nothing to look forward to in these last years of life. I did buy a tiny house to live in. It hasn't been delivered yet. I know I am lucky enough to have had the retirement money to buy such a thing.. but what little I had is gone and I feel I made a terrible mistake. I don't know, I have made bad decisions all my life. I don't really know if it matters in the end.. perhaps this was the agreement my Soul made when it came back to this life....  well, thanks for reading my ramblings...

25 minutes ago, SoulSurvivor said:

I realized recently that I have no one ...not one person I can lean on.. someone who has my best interest in mind....someone to talk to ....  These past months with this stay at home thing has been just like any other day for me; nothing changed.. except that my anxiety grew to unbelievable heights. Sleep is hard, the day is hard....but the solitude has become even harder- even though its the same solitude...no tears are left,,,  depression pills don't work...  what family I have - they can only care so much as they have their own struggles- like everyone.. I feel I can not ask for help as I have asked for help for years now and the help does not really exist. I have to help myself- which I have always known I have to do-  I thought by asking for help,,, it was suppose to help somehow.. but It's just a Beatle song that I sing.... I have really nothing to look forward to in these last years of life. I did buy a tiny house to live in. It hasn't been delivered yet. I know I am lucky enough to have had the retirement money to buy such a thing.. but what little I had is gone and I feel I made a terrible mistake. I don't know, I have made bad decisions all my life. I don't really know if it matters in the end.. perhaps this was the agreement my Soul made when it came back to this life....  well, thanks for reading my ramblings...

Exactly.  Except that I don't have a tiny house, but always wanted one.  I think it was a good idea for you to get it. 

6 hours ago, TopekaK said:

Exactly.  Except that I don't have a tiny house, but always wanted one.  I think it was a good idea for you to get it. 

Really?  Do you think it was a good idea?  I am having doubts.... I used up my small retirement to buy it, with the thinking that at least I wont be homeless as I get older and older. I didn't get a loft for that reason. It's just one floor.... It's been very challenging trying to find where it will be placed though. And contrary to what people think, Oregon isn't very tiny house friendly,  especially the ones on wheels.. Thank you for saying that it was a good idea...:smile:

I've never wanted to be here.  How long does someone continue to be the weird creature that gets to sit in the corner and watch everyone else live?  I've done everything I can think of to get myself to the best version of myself and it's not good enough.  I hate myself more and more every day of this.

A deer scared me big time again.  They seem to like to sleep in bushes or tall grass close to the road.  I'll be walking lost in my head and then all of the sudden hear a loud snort that makes me want to jump and they start running knocking down trees and bushes.  She actually stood there today not running just continuing to face me doing the snorting thing.

1 hour ago, anon22ae said:

I have read good things about spiders in the home. Thus, I no longer evict them. I don't **** unless absolutely necessary, so I used just to capture them and put them outside, but now I just leave them alone.

Yeah they take care of all the other bugs and usually hide in areas of our home we rarely go to like the back corners of closets.  I do recommend making your bed though because they sometimes will hide in unmade covers and I recommend checking all of your shoes before putting them on.  I've had too many poisonous spiders run up my leg!

There have been a lot of bear sitings around here lately so I hope I see one on my walk today.

On the other hand, I'm afraid that roaches are always killed on sight. I wish this weren't necessary, but there's just nothing good about roaches. It's somewhat sad that roaches are killed simply because they're roaches, but then one might say that it's what they do, not what they are.

8 hours ago, anon22ae said:

On the other hand, I'm afraid that roaches are always killed on sight. I wish this weren't necessary, but there's just nothing good about roaches. It's somewhat sad that roaches are killed simply because they're roaches, but then one might say that it's what they do, not what they are.

I don't know what they do other than climb on the ceiling so no I don't **** them they are too far away.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, sober4life said:

I don't know what they do other than climb on the ceiling so no I don't **** them they are too far away.

Mainly spread germs, toxins, allergens, and other noxious stuffs, as well as damage materials and objects by trying to eat them. Other than that, they're perfectly harmless...