The Post Anything Thread #4

Message added by Forum Admin,

Post anything  does not mean you can post pictures. If you want to post pictures, start a gallery for yourself, or a blog to post your pictures and then post a link to your  DF’s Blog or Gallery ❣️

2 minutes ago, SoulSurvivor said:

I love that entire album!!  I bought it when it came out...  I just watched a documentary , Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten.-  it's on Hulu if you haven't seen it....   he was so talented... I can't believe he's been gone for 18 years😢

That's cool you were an original fan.  I was only 3 when it came out and didn't really start listening to them until I bought a singles collection cd in 9th grade.  Oh I haven't seen that documentary but I'll check it out.    

Last week I had a dream where I went into an abandoned building in my town that is between an apartment building and a TV station.  In the abandoned building I found a box full of money.  When I looked at the money I realized it was fake.

Last night I had a dream where I went back into that building and found the box of money again but it was real.  I remembered that previous I had been in this building and found a box of money. 

This is the first time in my memory that I have had a dreamed that referenced another dream.  Strange.

9 hours ago, AloneGuy said:

That's cool you were an original fan.  I was only 3 when it came out and didn't really start listening to them until I bought a singles collection cd in 9th grade.  Oh I haven't seen that documentary but I'll check it out.    

Yes... an original fan I suppose.. there is something to the fact that  being someone of a era to hear songs for the very first time ever is somewhat amazing.. Such as the Ramones first album in 1976 with side one beginning with Blitzkrieg Bop..... :biglaugh: too cool to even describe... or Patti Smith,   Horses.....  seemed like anything was possible back then

The news goes from dead dead dead to look at whose got the virus today, we're doing everything we can do, arguments between people in charge, let's sing our selves to health 😒 let's feel happy, sad and scared about the virus. Welcome virus your here to stay. All day everyday.

Edited by watalife

I freaked this morning when i couldn't get online. I couldn't even access my phone as there was no mobile access. Service was restored soon there after. Sad.... my only source of connecting with people is via the internet even more so to this day...

Do It Anyway By Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;

It was never between you and them anyway.

26 minutes ago, shio said:

I freaked this morning when i couldn't get online. I couldn't even access my phone as there was no mobile access. Service was restored soon there after. Sad.... my only source of connecting with people is via the internet even more so to this day...

There have been times the internet stopped working.  As soon as that happens the paranoia and conspiracy theories start going through my head.

My life has been a waste.

I don’t think I have ever felt satisfaction in my life.

I have never known what I want. I don’t know who I am, what I stand for. 

I have no idea what to do about anything. I have no intuition. 

Life isn’t worth living like this. This emptiness and pointlessness. I feel terrible, hopeless,  angry yet  also absolutely nothing.

I want to be dead. 

Edited by samadhiSheol

16 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Last week I had a dream where I went into an abandoned building in my town that is between an apartment building and a TV station.  In the abandoned building I found a box full of money.  When I looked at the money I realized it was fake.

Last night I had a dream where I went back into that building and found the box of money again but it was real.  I remembered that previous I had been in this building and found a box of money. 

This is the first time in my memory that I have had a dreamed that referenced another dream.  Strange.

Most of my dreams are like this. References and “memories” from previous dreams.

My take on it is that the mind is intent on telling one something in cases like that. A recurrent dream of sorts. Perhaps?

51 minutes ago, SoulSurvivor said:

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;

It was never between you and them anyway.

I had read this before, but thanks for the reminder.  I feel so much better when I remember this, but I often forget and get sucked into the whole 'rat race'.   You know what they say about the rat race -- even if you win the race, you are still a rat.   😉

I have been watching 👀 to see who is hoarding TP 🚽.

Planning a midnite raid :sneaky2: on those hoarding.

If you want to join the raid, meet at the large tree 🌳 in the middle of the town square. 

And extra points for finding those hoarding hand sanitizer 🖐️.

Take no prisoners 🧑‍🤝‍🧑 and  only 🚽TP.

Here in Colorado Gov. Polis has told us to wear masks (of the homemade and non-medical variety) at all times when going out of the house.  I just happen to have an unopened package of plain white t-shirts which I'm going to use to make some for my parents and I.  He said to make mask wearing the cool thing to do and have fun with making them haha.  I like him he gives entertaining news conferences.  

Well what's next really?  Plenty of people have a right to be angry.  Millions of people's lives are ruined at this point with no real belief any of that will change.  When this is over the streets will be filled with buildings that are boarded up and millions of homeless people.  The government will be saying sorry as they're shrugging theirs shoulders.  The government won't put things back the way they were when this is over.  Their fix will look like the morning after at a party house.  But those people can't complain when they're backed into a corner and forced to lose everything.  Their idea isn't working I scream at the top of my lungs.  The world needs a compromise here!

People in Japan wear face masks even when there aren't any international pandemics going on; I saw a few people wearing them when I was in Tokyo in the 90s. It might be a fun project for me to make myself a bewelled one. 🤣

13 hours ago, evalynn said:

People in Japan wear face masks even when there aren't any international pandemics going on; I saw a few people wearing them when I was in Tokyo in the 90s. It might be a fun project for me to make myself a bewelled one. 🤣

Brilliant idea! Bejewelled face mask! 🤣

1 hour ago, shio said:

Brilliant idea! Bejewelled face mask! 🤣

14 hours ago, evalynn said:

It's mostly because the air is so polluted over there and there are millions and million of people living on top of each other....  I just saw an ad on line for ONE pink (Not reusable) face mask for $74!!!  vendors are really gouging people all over the world.. I clicked on it because it said 6.99.. but when I got to the page it said $74!  ruthless

I did a act of kindness today and feel pretty good then also really nervous about it. Since I never spoke with anyone in a long while. However it's never bad to be kind and try to make someone happy or smile I think. Though I still really worry with my fear of people. So for now I'm taking my time with my healing process and taking baby steps when approaching and speaking with people. A good thing that happened a person was kind  to me and it makes me think here at least isn't really bad or too scary. 

8 hours ago, Shijima said:

I did a act of kindness today and feel pretty good then also really nervous about it. Since I never spoke with anyone in a long while. However it's never bad to be kind and try to make someone happy or smile I think. Though I still really worry with my fear of people. So for now I'm taking my time with my healing process and taking baby steps when approaching and speaking with people. A good thing that happened a person was kind  to me and it makes me think here at least isn't really bad or too scary. 

Conversation used to be impossible for me.  Leaving the house used to be impossible.  At this point I pretty much talk to everyone the same way knowing the other person is just is afraid as I am.  We're on a level playing field with every person we come in contact with.  I just wing it with no fear.  What's the worst thing that can really happen?