20YearsandCounting

The Post Anything Thread #4

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Wow, what times we are living in.

*Nightjar says: Don't watch the news all day folks. Just get the essential information. Watch for 5 minutes, then do something else. It's gonna make you panic if you watch it all day. The most helpful thing we can do for ourselves and each other is to stay calm. Be practical and consider others. Don't let this thing turn you into something you're not. Be kind and focus on what you can do to help yourself and others around you. 

* You don't have to listen to nightjar but you can if you like. 

The Nightjar is wise :hugs:, over watching the news does nothing more than make us feel more panicked and worried. The best thing we can do is not to let it affect our behaviour and just help others as best we are able given the current circumstances. 

On 3/19/2020 at 3:50 AM, Nightjar said:

Just get the essential information.

I listen to Nightjar. 🗣️👂🙂

Being informed is important but If somebody wants to binge on news, I will say my piece: balance fascination with protecting mental health. 

Now and then, someone who believes news bingeing is "being responsible" or "prepared" tries to throw shade at me - and I won't abide that. This is my stance on consumption of coronavirus news, you do you:

✖️  I dont binge on virus news. Doesn't make me "one of them" - "the stupid", "the ostriches" and (somehow) "part of the problem". I'm balancing being informed with maintaining a healthy mind in my own way

✖️  "being informed" isn't the same thing as reading every scary outcome and sensational story

✖️  incessantly talking about catastrophic predictions is not "educating people", it's irresponsible. it is making others manage emotions you're struggling with

Posted (edited)

It's official. 

I don't want to live in this efffed up world any more.

People are idiots. Humanity will succumb to it's stupidity 

The world is stopping because of a bad case of flu. Our reactions are not in proportion to the actual threat it has on the gen.pop.

We are going to these extreme measures because our disregarded, taken-for-granted respective healthcare systems have been systematically downsized in recent years, despite the knowledge that in many western countries the population is biased towards the elderly and are in need of healthcare . In short, it can't take the preassure.

Apparently its more cost efficient to shut down the global economic system than invest in premptive healthcare. 

We have known for decades that a virus outbreak is inevitable as the world is overpopulated and billions are living in poverty without an appropriate healthcare system.

Screw humanity. I hope I die soon.

Edited by samadhiSheol

Posted (edited)

That's true many hospitals have been closed down.  If they weren't we might not be in this situation.  One thing I will add is if you look at the numbers it does look like it's flu numbers but those aren't the real numbers.  The true numbers are much higher.  If this virus started in China in December it started in most of the world in December.  A lot of countries started counting cases of the virus and deaths from the virus much later than that because they couldn't count something they didn't know existed yet.

Edited by sober4life

14 minutes ago, sober4life said:

That's true many hospitals have been closed down.  If they weren't we might not be in this situation.  One thing I will add is if you look at the numbers it does look like it's flu numbers but those aren't the real numbers.  The true numbers are much higher.  If this virus started in China in December it started in most of the world in December.  A lot of countries started counting cases of the virus and deaths from the virus much later than that because they couldn't count something they didn't know existed yet.

That’s very true and so many products come from China 

17 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

I went to Wal Mart and the shelves are empty on a lot of everyday supplies 

Walmart does seem to be like that everywhere.  They probably schedule how much is delivered and it stays pretty much the same all year.  I can't imagine a manager going down every single isle and deciding what needs to be ordered at the time.

..then there’s also the “I hate my job, I hate my life”- thing. The bull s hit I regurgitate time and time again on df.

I have no lasting interests, no assets, no skills. Nothing of any use in this world I have come to despise and see as a hopeless, sad place. I despise people and as I said, I hate myself.

Why would I want to live in this cesspool of human travesty anyhow??

I’m too much of a coward to end my life. 

That’s the sole reason why I’m still here. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, sober4life said:

I can't imagine a manager going down every single isle and deciding what needs to be ordered at the time.

It has been a few years ago, but once at Walmart I asked why a certain item was available, then not, then available again.  An employee told me that the individual stores do not order for themselves.  Instead the corporate office decides how many of each item each store will get and when based on computer analysis of past sales, time of year, location, etc. -- even weather forecast.  Big Brother knows what is best for everyone.   🥺  Not sure if it is still done this way.

Edited by jkd_sd

So yesterday Denver issued a stay-at-home order and initially said that liquor and cannabis stores would close, only to reverse course a few hours later and allow them to remain open (to the relief of many).  Just goes to show that some forms of recreation are indeed considered essential 🙂    

9 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

So yesterday Denver issued a stay-at-home order and initially said that liquor and cannabis stores would close, only to reverse course a few hours later and allow them to remain open (to the relief of many).  Just goes to show that some forms of recreation are indeed considered essential 🙂    

... Oregon Cannabis stores are open and I think Liquor stores are too.... Starting today, we now have to take our temperature before starting work... you know, I never would of thought I would ever write what I just wrote:shocked:

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'd be too paranoid of them finding a high temperature.  I'd quit for sure.

I work part time for a great company- very Family Oriented... we don't work with the public..which is a very big plus for me. They just want to make sure no one is sick... or Becoming sick... I don't want to get anyone sick... even if it's just a flu or cold...especially right now.. I am suffering from my yearly allergies which always makes me tired, gives me a sore throat, itchy eyes etc...I have never had a respiratory issue or pneumonia...pretty healthy for the most part... However, who knows where this virus comes from... it's reminds me in a way of the first cases and  news broadcasts of what they called the "Gay Cancer or Plague" in the early 1980's.. the CDC knew there were the beginnings of  a specific type of pneumonia affecting gay men and as well as Kaposi Sarcoma.. but they didn't know HOW they were getting it.. Now even though people still die of AIDS, the numbers have been substantially reduced because of the information and education provided to the public and tremendous advances in treatment. I think they really need to figure out the same with this Coronavirus..  I read that "they believe it is spread through close contact between people and respiratory droplet created through sneezing and coughing..."  and they say one of those surgical masks won't help you from catching it... but you should wear one it you have it....But that is what they believe now...maybe it is something totally different..I always wash my hands (more than usually now... and face.. every time I come back into the house after going to work or the store... or sometimes a whole shower.. cover my mouth when sneezing/coughing....trying to keep the social distance of  6 feet... (sometimes this can't always happen- like at the store going down the aisles... those aisles are made 5 or  6feet wide, but add carts and people.. you are a lot closer to others... I just look the other way and walk really fast... or when I was standing in line to go to Trader Joes this weekend. they were only letting 25 people in at a time... but the line to get it, was just that.. a line.... so much for social distancing... no one was more than a few feet from one another... now our government here is going to start a fine of $1,250 and/or 30 days in jail if caught not complying.. I was given an official statement from work to keep in my car advising I am going to and from work...  I'm sorry..  I am rambling.. this is the world we live in now.... one day it was fine, the next day it wasn't.  😷

The world will not learn from this ****ed up experience. And there is little it can do anyhow. This is just the begining. Too many people in the world. There will be more viruses in the future. More panic. More down grade. 

But its not the virus. Its us. Our panic. Our stupidity. Humanity is screwed. I have no intention of sticking around. What would be the point? I have trouble living as it is. I can't take anymore challenges. I am at the end of my rope. I want to be dead now.

Sorry about my recent blasts of negativity. Yes, this is what I feel, but as is always the case, it isn't the whole story.

My posts are hardly helping as I realize there are people other than me who get triggered by crap like this. 

So sorry all of you.

Sorry again. I hate making mistakes and I am hard on myself when i realize the mistake.

Anyway, COVID-19 is the illness, SARS-CoV-2 the virus, apparently. I have been calling the virus covid19. Now I will ponder about that for a week or so. Sigh.

14 hours ago, watalife said:

I am currently feeding many animals including squirrels, birds, and a cat. I wonder what animal I will feed next. 😁😚

It sounds like I'll be dressing like a squirrel, bird or cat and come to your house.