What Are You Listening To? #4

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

Cat Stevens--"Wild World"--YouTube Vid

I love Cat Stevens! I mean Yusuf Islam! I mean Cat Stevens again! ūüėĄ¬†After 9/11 he wasn't allowed in the US because he was considered a potential terrorist.

The Monkees Live

Sure on this Shining Night,
Morten Lauridsen
with James Agee's Poem of the same name:

Sure on this shining night
Of starmade shadows round,
Kindness must watch for me
This side the ground.

The late year lies down the north.
All is healed, all is health.
High summer holds the earth.
Hearts all whole.

Sure on this shining night
I weep for wonder
Wandering far alone
Of shadows on the stars.

It brings tears to my eyes.  The good kind.

Soundtrack from The Descendants,

A song called 'Ka Loke '("The Rose"), by Makaha Sons and Dennis Pavao  

This music takes me to places I wasn't particularly interested in until about 20 years ago.  I was very curious about geology even then, but my attention turned to the arts and it took me along time to look back at the beautiful world. 

I've visited many amazing places on the North American continent, but I'm afraid of flying over water!¬† How will I ever get to Hawaii?¬†¬†ūü§Ē

25 minutes ago, womanofthelight said:

Soundtrack from The Descendants,

A song called 'Ka Loke '("The Rose"), by Makaha Sons and Dennis Pavao  

This music takes me to places I wasn't particularly interested in until about 20 years ago.  I was very curious about geology even then, but my attention turned to the arts and it took me along time to look back at the beautiful world. 

I've visited many amazing places on the North American continent, but I'm afraid of flying over water!¬† How will I ever get to Hawaii?¬†¬†ūü§Ē

You could go by boat.  I know someone that was afraid to fly that went to Alaska that way.  I enjoy the beautiful world too.  I compare where I used to walk around a track around and around to the nature walks through the country and there is no comparison.  I'll never go back to track again.  The animals on my walks have saved my life through this journey.