Cotton Candy by Curve. I saw an interview with Toni Halliday from the time Come Clean was released, and I was dying for the interviewer to ask her what this song is about.

The soundtrack to Conan the Barbarian (1982) Basil Poledouris was so underrated, but in my eyes as good if not better than his contemporaries. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hocico said:

The soundtrack to Conan the Barbarian (1982) Basil Poledouris was so underrated, but in my eyes as good if not better than his contemporaries. 

My kids made we watch that movie so many times the VHS tape finally wore out so bad you couldn't watch it. We buried poor Arnie in the trash can that day. I didn't like him for years after that movie. Now I can't remember most of it. I think it left scars in my brain somewhere.

Edited by In2deep4me
spewling gooder secnd time

This American Life podcast has got a nice little miniseries on stories of people coping with life in the pandemic. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

My kids made we watch that movie so many times the VHS tape finally wore out so bad you couldn't watch it. We buried poor Arnie in the trash can that day. I didn't like him for years after that movie. Now I can't remember most of it. I think it left scars in my brain somewhere.

I am sorry to hear of your Arnold related trauma :smile:

As a fan of sword and sorcery movies Conan is probably top of the pile, some of the rip offs it inspired like Ator the fighting eagle and Ironmaster are good for a few laughs though :laugh: oddly many of them were made in Italy so they were probably financed by the mafia.  

Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! -Thulsa Doom 

Edited by hocico

43 minutes ago, hocico said:

I am sorry to hear of your Arnold related trauma :smile:

As a fan of sword and sorcery movies Conan is probably top of the pile, some of the rip offs it inspired like Ator the fighting eagle and Ironmaster are good for a few laughs though :laugh: oddly many of them were made in Italy so they were probably financed by the mafia.  

Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! -Thulsa Doom 

Then maybe you'll appreciate the other pain I suffered too!  Same year. Beastmaster. Another VHS tape played until completely trashed. Kids loved Beastmaster and his 2 ferrets. I liked his buddy most. Tonya Roberts. Yummy. Then she played Sheena couple of years later. I volunteered to watch that movie, several times. 🙂

Therapy For Black Girls podcast, Session 128: Why Do We Procrastinate?

Spoiler: cause reasons 😉

Sitting on the porch, having coffee, listening to wind and rain, a bit of thunder, and no planes! It's sureal. We live in the flight path to a busy airport. You just get so used to the sound of planes all the time you ignore it, mostly. Now I'm listening to the sounds of silence, while outside, for real. It's interesting just how calming that can be.

Posted (edited)

Andrea Bocelli: Music For Hope - Live From Duomo di Milano

On Easter Sunday (April 12, 2020), by invitation of the City and of the Duomo cathedral of Milan, Italian global music icon Andrea Bocelli gave a solo performance representing a message of love, healing and hope to Italy and the world.

Edited by hocico

@hocico - Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I will never hear Amazing Grace (or Taps) and not have it stir up emotions in me. I love the version done with Celtic Woman (with bagpipes).

1 minute ago, In2deep4me said:

@hocico - Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I will never hear Amazing Grace (or Taps) and not have it stir up emotions in me. I love the version done with Celtic Woman (with bagpipes).

Most welcome buddy :smile: , I found the concert very poignant and moving and I felt after listening to it, I just had to share it on here with you all as a message of hope and unity among all the peoples of the world in this time of great trial. 

Ah man I am the same, Amazing Grace is one of those songs that never fails to stir up my emotions. I will check out the version you mentioned as it sounds intriguing. 

Peace be with you, 

Hocico

On 4/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, hocico said:

Ah man I am the same, Amazing Grace is one of those songs that never fails to stir up my emotions. I will check out the version you mentioned as it sounds intriguing.

Look on Youtube for Celtic Woman. You'll find that and several other inspiritaional songs they do plus it'll be on video. Their concert from several years back as awesome. And I generally don't even get into Celtic music, but they'll be an exception for me.

23 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Look on Youtube for Celtic Woman. You'll find that and several other inspiritaional songs they do plus it'll be on video. Their concert from several years back as awesome. And I generally don't even get into Celtic music, but they'll be an exception for me.

Thank you I will search it out :smile: 

Simple gifts 

Posted (edited)

Amos Lee, utube, live from Red Rocks.  As his name suggests, Amos is about the coolest white guy ever.

Edited by Bulgakov