Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast episode episode 455: Narcissists & Psychopaths with Dr. Ramani Durvasula, clinical psychologist and author. She writes about surviving relationships with narcissists. 

On 1/15/2020 at 6:25 AM, SoulSurvivor said:

a distant train whistle... at 4:25am...

One of my favorite sounds. I live near a switching yard so I get to hear it frequently. 🙂

I'm listening to Detroit City by Bobby Bare (1963)

Edited by JD4010

11 hours ago, JD4010 said:

One of my favorite sounds. I live near a switching yard so I get to hear it frequently. 🙂

I'm listening to Detroit City by Bobby Bare (1963)

Yeah... I love the sound of the train whistle.. where I live many complain about the train whistle and even petitioned to stop it while going thru the city....  and it's mostly the people in the neighborhoods around the tracks. Well, if you are going to buy/rent a house in that area, you already knew the train came rolling past a few times a day and once early in the morning...so why complain after the fact?   The railroad will not make this city a "Quiet Zone" because there has been so many people already hit by the train here.... I live 12 blocks away and it's such  a comforting sound when I can't sleep at night....

I also really like your quotes.... especially, "Depression is the inability to construct a future" - Rollo May

It's s true... I can't see the future, just the past

Edited by SoulSurvivor
forgot a word

Sufjan Stevens - "Casimir Pulaski Day"

In the morning at the top of the stairs
When your father found out what we did that night
And you told me you were scared

All the glory when you ran outside
With your shirt tucked in and your shoes untied
And you told me not to follow you

Sunday night when I cleaned the house
I found the card where you wrote it out