What are you listening to? 

I always get such great playlist ideas from this thread!

On 8/24/2019 at 2:34 AM, APFSDS said:

Best of Gamma Ray, remastered album

On 8/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, SqueezeWax said:

Henrietta by The Trashmen

21 hours ago, hocico said:

Purple rain - Prince

13 hours ago, Lady Mozzer said:

Hello Stranger ~ Barbara Lewis

The conductor on my train is telling passengers all the things that will get them thrown off the train and that list is VERY LONG.  Now he is reciting an itemized list of all the things that you should NOT flush down the toilet on the train:  Shoes.  Amtrak blankets.  Toaster Ovens.  Okay...I made up that last one.

Posted (edited)

image.png.fb3c6d7ef36a9e5c39497946b2f85c5d.png In slow hillbilly lamento:   "My baby done left me.  My baby done gone to a drive-in movie with someone else.  And I feel line home made s###.  Yodeladee, yodeladee, yodeladee.  From the Fugs first album.  The Fugs made 11-12 albums, starting in '65, but their music can best be described as post modern.  They didn't really sing, though they made an effort.  They also could not play, certainly on purpose, maybe.   Picked up by big record labels like Reprise, they were sometime vulgar "It Crawled into My Hand, Honest", and sometimes crushing as TS Eliot, "The Swinburne Stomp" but don't expect poetry either, per se.  Expect exquisitely festooned chaos, often with a point.  And there is the occasional actual song, and they can't play those either:  "Super Girl", "Sunflower" and the lively "I Coundn't Get High."   In the background of their songs you may hear yodeling, gargling, choking, spitting.  If you're willing to forego everything you know about music and song for a time, the first album is a feast of self indulgence, theirs.  Again, sounds from the belly of post modernism.  Oh, and the nihilist anthem:  "Nothing".

image.png

Edited by Bulgakov
editing never ends

1 hour ago, Tactac286 said:

The birds and other nosies  outside my window. 

Which reminds me...We have a lot of cicadas buzzing away during the day here. As evening comes on, they start fading out and are replaced with tree frogs, katydids, and crickets. The transition between the "day crew" (cicadas) and "night crew" (frogs/katydids/crickets) is surprisingly swift. I try to listen to it every day if possible...one of the few joys I experience.

The All-American Rejects - "The Last Song"

Thanks, liked em'.  Remind me a bit of the Cure, and also like the touch of strings.  I'm old and have always been an avid listener.  I've heard the rhythm and tempo a million times.  But, they are very tight.

Bulga