Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

Woke up to find my husband went to the grocery store and got the item I needed for me. As lame as it may sound, that's a big relief for me because I've been feeling kind of agoraphobic lately, especially when it comes to going to stores. So that's one less thing I have to do.

I go to the same stores for a long time as long as I'm able to be anonymous but when I become a regular I leave and I probably won't go back.  It does get to a point where it's like on Cheers when they said Norm every time he walked in.  I don't like that though.  I don't want to be like a character in the town.

12 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

the pure clean snow falling from the sky

I used to worry about the snow.  I hated it.  Now that I'm getting older I see it in a different way.  It's a good excuse why I can't make it to things.  Sorry I can't make it the roads are too bad.🤔

On CBS streaming news just now this headline, "Japanese turn to robot pets to combat lonliness."  There is a pic of what look like the robo dog toys from a decade or more back.  I didn't click on it.   The Japanese culture out-Americas, America sometimes.  They will take a wacky idea, and wack it some more.    I want a robo goldfish.

Bulgakov

I do want the goldfish but people have technology now that even knows when they are sleeping.  The second the person is asleep the dog would be opening up filing cabinets and looking through everything.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, Nightjar said:

The birds singing when the sun came out 😊

Today is the yard full of robins day so they're here.  They do make me smile.  They are a very confident bird.  They're like me when I'm manic and loaded up on coffee.  They pretty much run into every area and have an attitude like they're ready to fight anything that messes with them.🤨Oh and it made me smile seeing a stink bug messing with a woman live trying to report the news.  All the sudden she just started freaking out and smacking herself in the head live while reporting the news.

Edited by sober4life

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

Today is the yard full of robins day so they're here.  They do make me smile.  They are a very confident bird.  They're like me when I'm manic and loaded up on coffee.  They pretty much run into every area and have an attitude like they're ready to fight anything that messes with them.🤨Oh and it made me smile seeing a stink bug messing with a woman live trying to report the news.  All the sudden she just started freaking out and smacking herself in the head live while reporting the news.

That's great..... The blackbirds are getting going here in the evening, it's beautiful, my favourite sound. They made me smile today. 

Also, seeing my neatly packed boxes made me smile today even though I get dizzy thinking about it all 🤠 I've just about finished packing upstairs 👍

23 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

That's great..... The blackbirds are getting going here in the evening, it's beautiful, my favourite sound. They made me smile today. 

Also, seeing my neatly packed boxes made me smile today even though I get dizzy thinking about it all 🤠 I've just about finished packing upstairs 👍

The birds are cheering you on like I am.  I'm proud of you.  I hope you get out of there and find a dream house and you get to live in peace and happiness.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

The birds are cheering you on like I am.  I'm proud of you.  I hope you get out of there and find a dream house and you get to live in peace and happiness.

Thankyou sweetie, you're a good friend. I want a porch like you and the raccoon whisperer and somewhere I can live in peace and take care of the animals 🤔

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Thankyou sweetie, you're a good friend. I want a porch like you and the raccoon whisperer and somewhere I can live in peace and take care of the animals 🤔

I never heard of the raccoon whisperer but watching that on youtube would make anyone smile.🤭

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I never heard of the raccoon whisperer but watching that on youtube would make anyone smile.🤭

Aww, did you watch him on you tube? I love that guy 🤗 I wanna be just like him when I grow up 😁

Edited by Nightjar

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Aww, did you watch him on you tube? I love that guy 🤗 I wanna be just like him when I grow up 😁

If that's what you want you can absolutely have it if you buy a house in the country.  Raccoons are in my description oversized night time cats.  If I asked my neighbors they might say I never see raccoons but they always show up in the middle of the night when they think people are asleep because they're afraid of people but they can be tamed to a point like my relatives did with the fox.  If I put out food at night on a regular basis I would have 100 raccoons here.

• 2 weeks later...