20YearsandCounting

Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

I liked watching the birds practicing their flight today at the farm.  You could walk by the field that has high grass and think you were alone until all of a sudden 100s of birds all at once take off out of the grass and scare you.

Once in 1995 or 1996, I was walking through a path in the middle of a field with 7-foot weeds, and right at dusk the grackles came out. There were so many I couldn't even try to count, and they were all in a frenzy - feeding or something? - and swooping not two feet above my head. It was like a symphony, and literally the most awesome thing I've ever seen. Then they swarmed off, and that was it.

I have two giant banana spiders in the carport, complete with massive webs. Three days ago I had a major water leak, and plumbers were coming and going through the area, where there's a door to the wash room. They didn't knock the webs down but they were close to one of them, and I was afraid they were going to. This afternoon I went out to start clearing the way (the plumbers are coming back tomorrow to do some more work), and I noticed one of the spiders wasn't where she'd been all summer. Instead, she had re-formed her web in a different spot, away from the door. Whether the plumbers had gotten too close, the web had gotten too old, or she just knew there could be trouble tomorrow, it made me really glad to see. Do you think she knew? 

@TymothiI would probably let the spider webs stay too.  Well of course I would I let bees sting me over and over and let their nests stay there.  My brother did get bit by a banana spider though and it messed him up for a while so be careful.

33 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I don't necessarily like being the lone wolf but people drive me crazy so I'm boxed into being a lone wolf.

That’s it my friend you make up your own codes and live by them. 🐺 

My cat Shelby is being really cute and funny this evening.  I can't believe it's been nearly 7 months since I adopted her...where does the time go?  

Recently I've been trying to eat healthier again so I dumped out my vegetable oil in the backyard.  A month later there is still a brown spot where the oil killed the grass so I'm never using it again.

I saw a baby cow this morning that must have been born overnight in the field.  Where I can see the cows is downhill from the barn.  The cow was having trouble walking like it was it's first day walking.  There's no way the baby would be able to make it to where it was in the field from the barn.:unsure:

On 9/4/2020 at 8:47 PM, sober4life said:

I saw a baby cow this morning that must have been born overnight in the field.  Where I can see the cows is downhill from the barn.  The cow was having trouble walking like it was it's first day walking.  There's no way the baby would be able to make it to where it was in the field from the barn.:unsure:

Why would it make you sad that a baby cow was born @Nightjar:unsure:

15 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I thought that he couldn't get back to the barn? 

He was able to make it back to the barn.  They're able to learn to walk pretty quick.  In the summer a lot of the time the cows don't even go to the barn.  The farmer leaves the gate open because it gets too hot in there.  They can go to the barn if and when they want.  Yes they did stay on the flat part under the trees where I could see them for a few days but went back to the barn after that.

"Convicted pimp turned activist hired to help reform police at $150,000 salary"

An article just now on Fox web.  I didn't read it, the title sums it up🤠.  It's a reimagined version of the American immigrant story, the Rocky story, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  The pimp has gone from a fast talking felon, to a fast talking police reformer in this American Dream version. 

Bulgakov

7 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

"Convicted pimp turned activist hired to help reform police at $150,000 salary"

Oh, *~€&@¥!!!   I (and others) scratch and claw and cannot make any headway; but this piece of $#!¥ falls in a pile of crap and comes out smelling like a bouquet of roses!?!  No wonder we have such a terrible time with life!

For a school assignment, I recorded myself interviewing another person on Zoom. I disliked how I looked, was disappointed with missed opportunities and embarrassed by a blatant assumption I made that turned out to be wrong (and might be construed as offensive). But in spite of my perfection thoughts, I didn't edit the recording just submitted it as-is. Here to learn, is what I told myself. Being authentic me means showing imperfections. Oh man that's hard!

Having a chat and a coffee with a friend I came across sat outside a café, she had three little doggies in tow as well who all came over for some head rubs 😊 I'd only seen them one other time since March so it was nice to be together with them again. 

I was searching for Ohio snakes and saw the quote "Milksnakes do not milk cows"  I'm not sure if that makes me smile, cry or if it makes me want to run screaming.

Mini lion's training really paid off yesterday when I had to take her to the vet. She walked straight into her carrier upon command (for a treat 😉) and was chatting away to momma at the vets event though she was very nervous. 

I was really pleased that her pupils weren't huge (she wasn't terrified), she got straight back to normal when she came in, wolfing down her food, not hiding and she even went back into her carrier later the same day for treats again!! 

Wow 😁😁😁 😇😇😇🐱🐱🐱🐳

#veryproudmomma

The vet said she was very pretty and chatty 😃 and pretty good health wise. 

Edited by Nightjar

On 10/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, Nightjar said:

Mini lion's training really paid off yesterday when I had to take her to the vet. She walked straight into her carrier upon command (for a treat 😉) and was chatting away to momma at the vets event though she was very nervous. 

I was really pleased that her pupils weren't huge (she wasn't terrified), she got straight back to normal when she came in, wolfing down her food, not hiding and she even went back into her carrier later the same day for treats again!! 

Wow 😁😁😁 😇😇😇🐱🐱🐱🐳

#veryproudmomma

The vet said she was very pretty and chatty 😃 and pretty good health wise. 

Aw good mini 🐯 😊

Losing myself to dance in front of loads of people in MacDonald's 😂 😂

Edited by hocico

I'm not afraid of any animals really.  Maybe I should be.  I was out mowing today and saw a huge black ball.  What is that?  It's moving it's alive and then the biggest spider I've ever seen springs out.:unsure:

3 hours ago, hocico said:

Aw good mini 🐯 😊

Losing myself to dance in front of loads of people in MacDonald's 😂 😂

She's a good girl. I'm very proud 😁

What moves were you busting in macdonalds hocico? 😂