20YearsandCounting

Lonelystreet's 'What made you smile today? :)' Thread, Part 2

29 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

Being nice to hurting people today made me smile because I realized that even though I might be hurting and going through.

I still can be a blessing to someone else.

You're always a blessing to many :hugs:

14 minutes ago, Floor2017 said:

You are to kind :console:

Ah I've just observed from what you have written on here that you are always helping others both on here and at work  , I know you don't do what you do to bring glory to yourself though, you do it out of love for your fellow humans and that's very commendable :smile:

34 minutes ago, hocico said:

Ah I've just observed from what you have written on here that you are always helping others both on here and at work  , I know you don't do what you do to bring glory to yourself though, you do it out of love for your fellow humans and that's very commendable :smile:

My friend, I learned along time ago when I first begin to realize that I have mental health issues. That if you want to feel better just help others and it takes your

mind off of your own problems.  It makes you feel a little bit better about your life.

A tv news caster on Fox just led into a commercial saying:  "When we come back we'll take a look at states where the virus numbers are falling, and others where it's trending."  LOL 

Only trending,  Bulgakov

1 hour ago, Bulgakov said:

A tv news caster on Fox just led into a commercial saying:  "When we come back we'll take a look at states where the virus numbers are falling, and others where it's trending."  LOL 

Only trending,  Bulgakov

What a bad way to say that!  That makes it sound like the virus is some kind of fashion for this year.  This 'fashion' is getting popular in some states, while other states are just not 'fashion conscious'.  

I cannot even find a word to describe this irresponsible reporting.  How many people have to get sick, die, lose their jobs, etc. before the 'media' treat this like the world-wide disaster it is?   OK, I will climb down off my soapbox now.    (The statement itself is funny considering the choice of comparative words.)

53 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

What a bad way to say that!  That makes it sound like the virus is some kind of fashion for this year.  This 'fashion' is getting popular in some states, while other states are just not 'fashion conscious'.  

I cannot even find a word to describe this irresponsible reporting.  How many people have to get sick, die, lose their jobs, etc. before the 'media' treat this like the world-wide disaster it is?   OK, I will climb down off my soapbox now.    (The statement itself is funny considering the choice of comparative words.)

I do totally agree the tv caster should have used a better choice of words

That bird squawks at me all the time now since I messed up her nest.  What are you doing are you crazy she says.  Of course she doesn't say that.  She makes bird noises.  My friend the bird interpreter dressed as a bird says what she's saying.  Of course I don't really hear a bird talking english!

Edited by sober4life

You know it's "funny".  As long as I've been here sitting here in the living room it would be a real joke if I had to describe the inside of the house to someone.  What's the color of the walls in your bedroom?  I don't know I have no idea.:unsure:

I was doing my evening walk and I suddenly realized my mouth was hanging open. I had no idea why. After some time, I realized I was having to consciously close my mouth on a regular basis. The reason? I've been on new meds for a while now, and suddenly I'm not grinding my teeth every second of every day. I haven't experienced that before, and my jaw muscles are clueless as to what to do.

Also, I learned new chords on the guitar today.

After over a month of lingering as a pair of tiny leaves, my lemon balm exploded to life. It's rallied like nothing I've ever seen. I'm glad I didn't give up on him.